Saddlebreds vs. Walkers - Page 2
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Horse Breeds, Breeding, and Genetics > Horse Breeds > Gaited Horses

Saddlebreds vs. Walkers

This is a discussion on Saddlebreds vs. Walkers within the Gaited Horses forums, part of the Horse Breeds category
  • Images of saddlebred chain boots
  • Totally obvious saddlebred

Like Tree8Likes

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    09-25-2009, 02:50 PM
  #11
Yearling
What I mean is that I find it ironic that you gave your own opinion, which is correct in your eyes but not all, then ASKED for other people's opinions, and then got upset when I gave mine. I gave my opinion on the subject, plain and simple.

Ps. I said DUTCH warmblood, not Swedish. They are quite different. If you think it is upsetting when people group saddlebreds and TWHs, then don't group other breeds as well. Maybe we should both read with more care.
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    09-25-2009, 04:22 PM
  #12
Green Broke
Looks like another TWH-bashing thread.

Each breed has got there issues. I really wish people would quite putting down the dagum Walking Horse! They aren't the only breed that has issues!

I've read (and seen) plenty about the Saddlebred... So let's just move on shall we? I like that CM is trying to to tell the difference between the two, and I appreciate that; but it is very obvious she is biased.

That I don't like one bit.

And I'm sure I'll get all kinds of people argueing with me but I'm just truly SICK of the whole 'OMG!!!!! TWHs are SOOO abused!!!!' crap. Ok, so perhaps they are, but there are many breeds and horses that get abused as well. I can name 3 breeds off the top of my head.

And also it's very obvious OP hasn't looked at Walking horse chains nowadays. They have booted chains, meaning the boot is attached to the chain so it won't hit the horse, light chains not intended for weight, fleeced chains, etc. Saddlebreds aren't the only ones that use the nice ones.

I'm going to get carried away if I go too much further. Everything I said was a fact.
     
    09-25-2009, 05:23 PM
  #13
Started
Quote:
Originally Posted by roro    
What I mean is that I find it ironic that you gave your own opinion, which is correct in your eyes but not all, then ASKED for other people's opinions, and then got upset when I gave mine. I gave my opinion on the subject, plain and simple.
Again, that's not what ironic means. And again, I DID NOT get upset about your opinion of Saddlebreds - just your snobby comment about Quarter Horses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roro    
ps. I said DUTCH warmblood, not Swedish. They are quite different. If you think it is upsetting when people group saddlebreds and TWHs, then don't group other breeds as well. Maybe we should both read with more care.
TOTALLY not the same thing. In one instance, people are lumping together two breeds that they know are different. In the other instance, she made a mistake and called the horse something he was not. She never said Dutch and Swedish Warmbloods were the same thing. I'm sure it was a mistake.





Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny06    
Looks like another TWH-bashing thread.

Each breed has got there issues. I really wish people would quite putting down the dagum Walking Horse! They aren't the only breed that has issues!
Again, I'm NOT bashing the Walkers themselves, just the abusive things that SOME people do to them. I love flat-shod Walkers. I said several times that other breeds have issues, too. I know they do. Are you really going to deny that Walkers don't have more issues than other breeds? If that were true, they wouldn't have the reputation that they have.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny06    
I've read (and seen) plenty about the Saddlebred... So let's just move on shall we? I like that CM is trying to to tell the difference between the two, and I appreciate that; but it is very obvious she is biased.

That I don't like one bit.
I said I wasn't denying that Saddlebreds are sometimes abused, too. Every breed is. I'm still going to say that I think Walkers are abused WAY more than Saddlebreds are, and I think almost everybody will agree with me.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny06    
And I'm sure I'll get all kinds of people argueing with me but I'm just truly SICK of the whole 'OMG!!!!! TWHs are SOOO abused!!!!' crap. Ok, so perhaps they are, but there are many breeds and horses that get abused as well. I can name 3 breeds off the top of my head.
I already said that EVERY horse breed has its abusers. I'm repeating myself now, but I still think Walkers are near, if not at, the top of the abuse list.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny06    
And also it's very obvious OP hasn't looked at Walking horse chains nowadays. They have booted chains, meaning the boot is attached to the chain so it won't hit the horse, light chains not intended for weight, fleeced chains, etc. Saddlebreds aren't the only ones that use the nice ones.
I have seen them, and I still see abusive chains. NOWHERE did I say that all Walking horse people use abusive chains on their horses. I said SOME do. You can deny that, but I've seen it with my own eyes. I've been to a countless number of week-long Saddlebred shows and I've NEVER seen any sort of leg or hoof abuse.
     
    09-25-2009, 05:43 PM
  #14
Green Broke
^ You said so yourself they used chains on Saddlebreds. Using chains is not always abuse. Some people abuse it, which has given chains altogether a bad name. Not all TWH people abuse chains either.

I've seen and heard what some people do to Saddlebreds, and so I put them in the same abused pool. The shows you hang around may be horse-friendly shows and I wish every show was that way.

But people happen.

Quote:
Are you really going to deny that Walkers don't have more issues than other breeds?
Depends on what breed.
     
    09-25-2009, 06:30 PM
  #15
Started
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny06    
^ You said so yourself they used chains on Saddlebreds. Using chains is not always abuse. Some people abuse it, which has given chains altogether a bad name. Not all TWH people abuse chains either.
I think you misunderstood what I meant by "abusive chains." I meant chains that cause pain as opposed to chains that don't. I don't think all chains are abusive.

And for the millionth time, I know not all Walker people abuse chains. I never said they did...
     
    09-25-2009, 06:37 PM
  #16
Green Broke
Well, you make Saddlebreds sound like saints...

We are all biased people. There's no way we can shove each other's [beliefs] down out throats. So let's just say...

That TWHs can quite being harped on (not necessarilly saying you are).
     
    09-25-2009, 07:31 PM
  #17
Started
I apologise that I called a Dutch Warmblood, a Swedish Warmblood. Now for the sake of knowledge, I am considering starting a thread to explain to me the differences, because I honestly don't know the difference, other than name. To me they look the same, move the same and do the same job... isn't that what we are trying to discuss here with two similarly confused breeds? I am uneducated in the differences between Warmbloods.

Sunny, I am sorry that you feel we are bashing TWH. The only TWH I know is a cool cool horse. He is the ugliest yellow horse in the world(ask his owner LOL) but his attitude and temperament makes him one of the most beautiful horses in the world.
     
    09-25-2009, 07:44 PM
  #18
Started
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny06    
Well, you make Saddlebreds sound like saints...

We are all biased people. There's no way we can shove each other's [beliefs] down out throats. So let's just say...

That TWHs can quite being harped on (not necessarilly saying you are).


Well, I'm sorry. I honestly didn't mean for it to sound like that. I may have thrown in some of my own opinions, but I only meant to point out the similarities and differences.
     
    09-25-2009, 09:58 PM
  #19
Green Broke
It's fine it's fine. No worries.

I probably overreacted a bit as well ;)

I just get so tired of people in general (not you guys) always on the Walking horse's case. The gov't is on it; fineing sorers so they will not continue the practice.

People are trying to 'fix' the Walking horse industry. It's just a long process because many have the soring images stuck in their heads and can't get over that. AND the squatters continue the practice.

I don't agree with 90% of the practices; but that 10% has a lot to offer.
     
    09-25-2009, 10:10 PM
  #20
Yearling
Quote:
Originally Posted by roro    

LadyDreamer: the horse picture I showed is a Dutch Warmblood, ie one of the main breeds that are at the top dressage shows. You sure as hell can't convince me that a Dutch WB "can't collect".

I have never seen you post somewhere where you're not trying to shove Dutch Warmblood dogma up and down someones throat.
     

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
hot walkers country7454 Horse Health 0 07-20-2009 06:01 PM
TN Walkers Joshie Gaited Horses 29 05-08-2009 11:37 AM
I want to know about your Tennessee Walkers! Shawken Horse Pictures 1 01-29-2009 09:55 AM
Tennessee Walkers and hip dysplasia? JustDressageIt Horse Health 44 03-18-2008 10:42 PM
Tennessee Walkers TWH_lovin_gal Horse Breeds 12 02-07-2007 09:09 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0