obsessions and confessions - Page 11
   

       The Horse Forum > Life Beyond Horses > Games

obsessions and confessions

This is a discussion on obsessions and confessions within the Games forums, part of the Life Beyond Horses category

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        08-04-2011, 04:21 PM
      #101
    Yearling
    Okay okay makes sense now!


    So you see things like this? That's pretty cool. Does it ever get annoying?
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        08-04-2011, 10:48 PM
      #102
    Started
    Lol, yes that how I see most things. But for me, like if I read a sentence, or words or whatever in a different color, it throws me off as its not the same color I see it as in my head. So its confusing. Its like if you see a word, take "green" for instance but its wrote out in a purple color most times it takes a minute to register, or if you see a picture of a pig and it says "fish" on it, you can't just immidiatly glance at it and say pig, you need to think. Imagine reading whole sentences or books like that. That's the only annoying part about it in my mind.
         
        08-05-2011, 02:16 AM
      #103
    Foal
    I've read a book about a girl with synesthesia, but it's not exactly what I have. The girl in the book sees colors in her vision, wheras I just kinda... think that a certain color fits a word or number or letter. My name, for example, seems to be a light rose color. I asked my family about it, they said none of them do this. Hmm. Though I looked it up, and it says there are over 60 types of synesthesia. So I guess I just have a different type. That's cool...
         
        08-05-2011, 02:27 AM
      #104
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Fudgelove    
    Thats so cool! Does every word/ letter you see have a color?
    Basically. There are some words that seem to almost have a few colors so it kinda confuses me. Or some dark colors confuse me, too for some reason. Maybe it's because most words seem to have bright colors. Like, my friend Roman's name is brown but the M in it seems purple. So it puzzles me for some reason. I don't know why.
         
        08-05-2011, 09:31 PM
      #105
    Started
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NinitheNinja    
    I've read a book about a girl with synesthesia, but it's not exactly what I have. The girl in the book sees colors in her vision, wheras I just kinda... think that a certain color fits a word or number or letter. My name, for example, seems to be a light rose color. I asked my family about it, they said none of them do this. Hmm. Though I looked it up, and it says there are over 60 types of synesthesia. So I guess I just have a different type. That's cool...
    The book would happened to be " A mango Shaped Space"? If so that's where I really learned that what I had was actually a real thing... not just me
         
        08-05-2011, 10:00 PM
      #106
    Green Broke
    Sweet, now I know I am not the only one! I never knew it had a name...

    COOLIO
         
        08-05-2011, 10:33 PM
      #107
    Green Broke
    Is the game even still going? Lol
         
        08-07-2011, 10:31 PM
      #108
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cheyennes mom    
    is the game even still going? Lol
    Haha I was wondering the same thing
         
        08-11-2011, 07:19 PM
      #109
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gallop On    
    The book would happened to be " A mango Shaped Space"? If so that's where I really learned that what I had was actually a real thing... not just me
    Actually, yes. It's a great book. But Mia... she kinda SEES the colors, whereas I just think them. Like, I don't have colors flooding my vision and I can read and stuff, but I just kinda think "this color fits this word/number/letter" automatically.
         
        08-12-2011, 10:25 AM
      #110
    Started
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NinitheNinja    
    Actually, yes. It's a great book. But Mia... she kinda SEES the colors, whereas I just think them. Like, I don't have colors flooding my vision and I can read and stuff, but I just kinda think "this color fits this word/number/letter" automatically.
    Yeah, I see them in my mind, not like right out in front of me.
         

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Your Guilty Pleasures/Geeky Obsessions <333 SorrelHorse General Off Topic Discussion 53 05-16-2011 09:09 AM
    Confessions of a Teenage Procrastinator... with horses(: gizpeptig Member Journals 2 04-22-2010 03:52 PM
    The Confessions of a Siner Barry Godden Horse Riding 30 10-10-2009 04:37 AM
    Confessions!! JustDressageIt Horse Talk 56 03-12-2008 09:15 PM
    Confessions of a High School Senior Eqrider Member Journals 2 03-12-2008 12:56 PM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:55 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0