* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 1/2 medium onion, chopped
* 2 bay leaves
* 1 teaspoon ground cumin
* 2 tablespoons dried oregano
* 1 tablespoon salt
* 2 stalks celery, chopped
* 2 green bell peppers, chopped
* 2 jalapeno peppers, chopped
* 3 cloves garlic, chopped
* 2 (4 ounce) cans chopped green chile peppers, drained
* 2 (12 ounce) packages vegetarian burger crumbles (Boca, Garden burger)
* 3 (28 ounce) cans whole peeled tomatoes, crushed
* 1/4 cup chili powder
* 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
* 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
* 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
* 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
* 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn
1. Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Stir in the onion, and season with bay leaves, cumin, oregano, and salt. Cook and stir until onion is tender, then mix in the celery, green bell peppers, jalapeno peppers, garlic, and green chile peppers. When vegetables are heated through, mix in the vegetarian burger crumbles. Reduce heat to low, cover pot, and simmer 5 minutes.
2. Mix the tomatoes into the pot. Season chili with chili powder and pepper. Stir in the kidney beans, garbanzo beans, and black beans. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer 45 minutes. Stir in the corn, and continue cooking 5 minutes before serving.
Sweet Potato Casserole
* 4 1/2 cups cooked and mashed sweet potatoes
* 1/2 cup butter, melted
* 1/3 cup milk
* 1 cup white sugar
* 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 2 eggs, beaten
* 1 cup light brown sugar
* 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
* 1/3 cup butter
* 1 cup chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
2. In a large bowl, mix together mashed sweet potatoes, 1/2 cup butter, milk, sugar, vanilla extract, and eggs. Spread sweet potato mixture into the prepared baking dish. In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar and flour. Cut in 1/3 cup butter until mixture is crumbly, then stir in pecans. Sprinkle pecan mixture over the sweet potatoes.
3. Bake for 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown.
Also, a great veggie cookbook is the Moosewood Cookbook, as well as The Enchanted Broccoli Forest. I don't know if the Broccoli Forest is completely veg, but many of the recipes can be made veggie, if they aren't already. The great thing about veggie recipes is that you have tons of freedom to mix and match, add, and adjust. Hope this helps
Horse whisperers don't whisper to the horse....they listen to the horses' whispers.