the problem is, our relationship has taken some hits since we moved in and while we are fine for right now, I am not sure if she is trying to trick me into moving out or if she's serious. I can't afford to live on my own, I have moved 4 times in the last 3 years and I actually LIKE where I live right now. I want to negotiate with my landlord and see if he is willing to transfer the lease to my name and find new roommates if I sign for two more years like he seems to want. I like my odds, I've been unseen and unheard since the day I moved in and I have proof of employment AND my credit has improved greatly since I moved in. So there's going to be no tricking me, the landlord needs to give written notice that he intends to take the apartment back. I just don't know how to go about doing this. Do I start talking to him now and risk unveiling that they've lied to me? Or wait for written notice and then make my move? I don't think this is a problem for a lawyer, I just need some solid advice. I only have a few months to figure it out!