Here is the Link: BODIES...The Exhibition
The fun facts(some repeats from before, some new):
Amazing Lung Facts
• At rest, a person breathes about 14 to 16 times per minute. After exercise it could
Increase to over 60 times per minute.
• New babies at rest breathe between 40 and 50 times per minute. By age five it
Decreases to around 25 times per minute.
• The total surface area of the alveoli (tiny air
Sacs in the lungs) is the size of a tennis court.
• The lungs are the only organ in the body
That can float on water.
• The lungs produce a detergent-like substance which reduces the surface tension of the fluid lining, allowing air in.
Amazing Heart Facts
• Your heart is about the same size as your fist.
• An average adult body contains about five
Quarts of blood.
• All the blood vessels in the body joined end to end would stretch 62,000 miles or
Two and a half times around the earth.
• The heart circulates the body's blood
Supply about 1,000 times each day.
• The heart pumps the equivalent of 5,000 to 6,000 quarts of blood each day.
A human being loses an average of 40 to
100 strands of hair a day.
• A cough releases an explosive charge of
Air that moves at speeds up to 60 mph.
• Every time you lick a stamp, you consume
1/10 of a calorie.
• A fetus acquires fingerprints at the age of
• A sneeze can exceed the speed of 100 mph.
• Every person has a unique tongue print.
• According to German researchers, the risk of heart attack is higher on Mo
Every person has a unique tongue print.
• According to German researchers, the risk of heart attack is higher on Monday than
Any other day of the week.
• After spending hours working at a computer display, look at a blank piece of
White paper. It will probably appear pink.
• An average human drinks about 16,000
Gallons of water in a lifetime.
• A fingernail or toenail takes about 6
Months to grow from base to tip.
• An average human scalp has 100,000 hairs.
• It takes 17 muscles to smile and 43 to frown.
• Babies are born with 300 bones, but by
Adulthood we have only 206 in our bodies.
• Beards are the fastest growing hairs on the human body. If the average man never trimmed his beard, it would grow to nearly
30 feet long in his lifetime.
• By age sixty, most people have lost half of their taste buds. By the time you turn 70, your heart will have beat some two-and-a-half billion times (figuring on an average
Of 70 beats per minute.)
• Each square inch of human skin consists
Of twenty feet of blood vessels.
• Every human spent about half an hour as
A single cell.
• Every square inch of the human body has
An average of 32 million bacteria on it.
• Fingernails grow faster than toenails.
• Humans shed about 600,000 particles of skin every hour - about 1.5 pounds a year. By 70 years of age, an average person will have
Lost 105 pounds of skin.