Have yuo guys ever been to the Body Exhibition? Almost had the chance to go earlier this year. Not wanting to post pics because of the fragile minds here but looking it up is something you might want to do. NOT for the fragile minds.
Here is the Link: BODIES...The Exhibition
The fun facts(some repeats from before, some new):
Amazing Lung Facts
• At rest, a person breathes about 14 to 16 times per minute. After exercise it could
Increase to over 60 times per minute.
• New babies at rest breathe between 40 and 50 times per minute. By age five it
Decreases to around 25 times per minute.
• The total surface area of the alveoli (tiny air
Sacs in the lungs) is the size of a tennis court.
• The lungs are the only organ in the body
That can float on water.
• The lungs produce a detergent-like substance which reduces the surface tension of the fluid lining, allowing air in.
Amazing Heart Facts
• Your heart is about the same size as your fist.
• An average adult body contains about five
Quarts of blood.
• All the blood vessels in the body joined end to end would stretch 62,000 miles or
Two and a half times around the earth.
• The heart circulates the body's blood
Supply about 1,000 times each day.
• The heart pumps the equivalent of 5,000 to 6,000 quarts of blood each day.
A human being loses an average of 40 to
100 strands of hair a day.
• A cough releases an explosive charge of
Air that moves at speeds up to 60 mph.
• Every time you lick a stamp, you consume
1/10 of a calorie.
• A fetus acquires fingerprints at the age of
• A sneeze can exceed the speed of 100 mph.
• Every person has a unique tongue print.
• According to German researchers, the risk of heart attack is higher on Mo
Every person has a unique tongue print.
• According to German researchers, the risk of heart attack is higher on Monday than
Any other day of the week.
• After spending hours working at a computer display, look at a blank piece of
White paper. It will probably appear pink.
• An average human drinks about 16,000
Gallons of water in a lifetime.
• A fingernail or toenail takes about 6
Months to grow from base to tip.
• An average human scalp has 100,000 hairs.
• It takes 17 muscles to smile and 43 to frown.
• Babies are born with 300 bones, but by
Adulthood we have only 206 in our bodies.
• Beards are the fastest growing hairs on the human body. If the average man never trimmed his beard, it would grow to nearly
30 feet long in his lifetime.
• By age sixty, most people have lost half of their taste buds. By the time you turn 70, your heart will have beat some two-and-a-half billion times (figuring on an average
Of 70 beats per minute.)
• Each square inch of human skin consists
Of twenty feet of blood vessels.
• Every human spent about half an hour as
A single cell.
• Every square inch of the human body has
An average of 32 million bacteria on it.
• Fingernails grow faster than toenails.
• Humans shed about 600,000 particles of skin every hour - about 1.5 pounds a year. By 70 years of age, an average person will have
Lost 105 pounds of skin.