bus driver being bullied? did you hear - Page 3 - The Horse Forum
 41Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 59 Old 06-21-2012, 11:48 PM
Foal
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Middle of nowhere, Missouri
Posts: 202
• Horses: 0
You know, way, way, way back in the olden days we had a bus driver, Mrs. Lou that you never ever crossed.

She loved us all dearly, but if you stepped out of line she had no problem pulling that bus over and busting your butt for you. And yes I mean literally bending you over her knee and whaling the tar out of you. Didn't matter if you were in kindergarten or a senior in high school.

On the other hand, if a kid got on the bus all black and blue and she thought it was happening at home, she was all over the situation. More than one kid went home with her for a few days when something bad was brewing.


She was my driver for all 12 years and I cried at her funeral years later, and I wasn't the only one of her 'kids' there.

The parents of those 'precious darlings' should be ashamed not only of their kids but of themselves. The kids are generally an adequate replay of what they see at home, you know?

Last edited by possumhollow; 06-21-2012 at 11:51 PM. Reason: added something
possumhollow is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 59 Old 06-22-2012, 07:44 AM
Trained
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: left of center
Posts: 7,078
• Horses: 2
And, according to this am's local news-the "vacation fund" is now up to $447K, and 9 airline tickets to Disney. Really? Perhaps I need to be a bus monitor. Sorry, as disgusting as I find those brats, I still think she should have gotten up out of her seat and had the driver stop.
NicoleS11, outnabout and kait18 like this.

Signature undergoing edits. Please standby.......
franknbeans is offline  
post #23 of 59 Old 06-22-2012, 07:49 AM
Weanling
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Central Illinois, USA
Posts: 473
• Horses: 4
I have to agree with you franknbeans, that she didn't seem appropriate for the job (at least that day). Also, can you tell me, how did the video get on Youtube? Did the kids post it?
Posted via Mobile Device
redpony is offline  
post #24 of 59 Old 06-22-2012, 07:54 AM
Trained
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: left of center
Posts: 7,078
• Horses: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpony View Post
I have to agree with you franknbeans, that she didn't seem appropriate for the job (at least that day). Also, can you tell me, how did the video get on Youtube? Did the kids post it?
Posted via Mobile Device
Yes, the kids posted it. Smart, huh?

Signature undergoing edits. Please standby.......
franknbeans is offline  
post #25 of 59 Old 06-22-2012, 07:56 AM
Weanling
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Central Illinois, USA
Posts: 473
• Horses: 4
Yup! They are bright in so many ways
Posted via Mobile Device
redpony is offline  
post #26 of 59 Old 06-22-2012, 09:43 AM
Showing
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: MD
Posts: 23,907
• Horses: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by franknbeans View Post
Sorry, as disgusting as I find those brats, I still think she should have gotten up out of her seat and had the driver stop.
Franky, I agree. Tolerating what was going on was the most wrong thing to do. If it's part of the paid job then do it.

With that being said I do think it's disgusting and those butts should be whipped hard by parents.
franknbeans likes this.

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass: it's about learning to dance in the rain..."

"When we are no longer able to change a situation - we are challenged to change ourselves."

"How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours."
kitten_Val is offline  
post #27 of 59 Old 06-22-2012, 10:48 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Goat Country
Posts: 1,907
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by franknbeans View Post
And, according to this am's local news-the "vacation fund" is now up to $447K, and 9 airline tickets to Disney. Really? Perhaps I need to be a bus monitor. Sorry, as disgusting as I find those brats, I still think she should have gotten up out of her seat and had the driver stop.
I disagree, but for a different reason.

My internet community is facing a lot of backlash for being "horrible" and "nothing but trolls." We all that have "grown up" (Not really, but almost everyone in my generation is well aware of the current events that transpire on the internet just because we know how to get to it quickly) on the internet have gotten nothing but a bad rep.

But when the internet bands together and does good things like give this lady a sum of money, we get that rare good light shined on us and people get reminded that not everyone here is full of mean things and spite. Whether or not the lady deserves it is really my concern, not like I can take her money away nor would I want too; I say good for the internet for doing something wonderfully nice and having enough compassion to go for all that and spread the word so that more people are aware, and I hope that lady has one hell of a vacation, because it sounds like her life needed one.

Tianimalz is offline  
post #28 of 59 Old 06-22-2012, 11:03 AM
Trained
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: left of center
Posts: 7,078
• Horses: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tianimalz View Post
I disagree, but for a different reason.

My internet community is facing a lot of backlash for being "horrible" and "nothing but trolls." We all that have "grown up" (Not really, but almost everyone in my generation is well aware of the current events that transpire on the internet just because we know how to get to it quickly) on the internet have gotten nothing but a bad rep.

But when the internet bands together and does good things like give this lady a sum of money, we get that rare good light shined on us and people get reminded that not everyone here is full of mean things and spite. Whether or not the lady deserves it is really my concern, not like I can take her money away nor would I want too; I say good for the internet for doing something wonderfully nice and having enough compassion to go for all that and spread the word so that more people are aware, and I hope that lady has one hell of a vacation, because it sounds like her life needed one.

I guess I wish I could get a reward like that for not doing my job, which, IMO she was NOT doing. Her job is NOT to sit on the bus and do nothing. She is there to try and keep order so the driver can drive. Would she have done something if it were one of the kids being bullied? I sure as he!! Hope so.

Franky I hope she donates at least some of it to an anti bullying cause. Guess I don't see lining her pockets as a particularly "good cause", but we can disagree on that. That's fine.

There are SO many other causes in the world that I think are FAR more worthy.
Allison Finch and kait18 like this.

Signature undergoing edits. Please standby.......
franknbeans is offline  
post #29 of 59 Old 06-22-2012, 12:00 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Goat Country
Posts: 1,907
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by franknbeans View Post
I guess I wish I could get a reward like that for not doing my job, which, IMO she was NOT doing. Her job is NOT to sit on the bus and do nothing. She is there to try and keep order so the driver can drive. Would she have done something if it were one of the kids being bullied? I sure as he!! Hope so.

Franky I hope she donates at least some of it to an anti bullying cause. Guess I don't see lining her pockets as a particularly "good cause", but we can disagree on that. That's fine.

There are SO many other causes in the world that I think are FAR more worthy.
I know first hand what it can feel like to have a large amount of people suddenly gang up against you, younger than you or not; and you do in fact start to feel hopeless. Just because it was her job doesn't give these children the right to go into a pack mentality and dog up against her; it is abuse at the work place.

I have a feeling she will donate some of the money, the person who organized the donations is trying to get it so that she has full control over where the donations are going... but even if she doesn't that isn't my business. All I want to do is smile a bit and see that a good deed was done, and that strangers do still have the will to do nice things for another stranger. Out of one good deed can flourish many. People can look at it as a waste of money; but money is material and I say that whatever the good deed it's never a waste to see it make someone deserving or in need (be it emotional or not) smile.

As for other worthy causes: I rather help one stranger then gamble my money to some big charity that I am far less likely to trust.

Not arguing, I respect your opinion and can very well understand your reasoning, I simply felt the need to express mine
Tianimalz is offline  
post #30 of 59 Old 06-22-2012, 12:03 PM
Trained
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: left of center
Posts: 7,078
• Horses: 2
We are all entitled to our opinions. That is why there is a forum.

Signature undergoing edits. Please standby.......
franknbeans is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.



User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Cart Driver countrygirl36 Driving 1 03-09-2012 05:48 AM
Beginner Driver; where to start? my2geldings Driving 24 07-08-2010 09:28 AM
Beginner driver, pictures :) Zab Driving 58 06-12-2010 11:01 PM
ideal driver jimmy Driving 14 05-02-2010 12:21 AM
I want to hear EVERYTHING anyone has to say about..... Blu Magic Horse Riding Critique 17 10-08-2007 05:10 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome