Can i keep riding or may I have to drop out? - Page 2
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Life Beyond Horses > General Off Topic Discussion

Can i keep riding or may I have to drop out?

This is a discussion on Can i keep riding or may I have to drop out? within the General Off Topic Discussion forums, part of the Life Beyond Horses category

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        06-26-2012, 02:50 AM
      #11
    Started
    Okay, I can look into that. Im so sorry about that happening to you :( I joke around I got a 6 pack under the fat :P But really I got strong abs and people told me but I suppose its good I do. I've always had a good core.
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        06-26-2012, 02:59 AM
      #12
    Green Broke
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by VT Trail Trotters    
    Okay, I can look into that. Im so sorry about that happening to you :( I joke around I got a 6 pack under the fat :P But really I got strong abs and people told me but I suppose its good I do. I've always had a good core.
    Having a good core is very good when riding..Not completely necessary but very beneficial..

    I was upset over the seizures and stuff at first but now I just accept it and try to make the most of it..I don't know of anyone else in my shoes that still does what I do with everything stacked against me..Not just the seizures..but that's a whole different story...Just continue to work on yourself and it'll get better. Don't let yourself stop doing something you love just because someone tells you you can't do it or when you think you can't do it anymore.. You can, you just have to believe it then do it.
         
        06-26-2012, 03:03 AM
      #13
    Showing
    I agree, work on your core muscles. It's good for everything from sports to everyday posture and balance and feeling good about yourself.

    Just don't go all macho and strain your muscles without warming up and starting out slow.
         
        06-26-2012, 03:07 AM
      #14
    Started
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Skyseternalangel    
    I agree, work on your core muscles. It's good for everything from sports to everyday posture and balance and feeling good about yourself.

    Just don't go all macho and strain your muscles without warming up and starting out slow.
    Okay, and ha ha im not going to do that.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DrumRunner    
    Having a good core is very good when riding..Not completely necessary but very beneficial..

    I was upset over the seizures and stuff at first but now I just accept it and try to make the most of it..I don't know of anyone else in my shoes that still does what I do with everything stacked against me..Not just the seizures..but that's a whole different story...Just continue to work on yourself and it'll get better. Don't let yourself stop doing something you love just because someone tells you you can't do it or when you think you can't do it anymore.. You can, you just have to believe it then do it.
    Yep, makes sense. I bet you would be :/ But its good your doing what your doing even with things against you, your a strong person :) Thanks for the advice!
         
        06-26-2012, 08:36 PM
      #15
    Yearling
    I havent had x rays but it probally be a good idea that I do since I had my whole leg go numb and usually if that happens to you its not normal or a good thing.[/QUOTE]

    Sounds like a pinched nerve.
         
        06-26-2012, 09:05 PM
      #16
    Green Broke
    Go to physiotherepy! They can find out exacty what is wrong and how to fix it.
         
        06-26-2012, 11:03 PM
      #17
    Started
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ray MacDonald    
    Go to physiotherepy! They can find out exacty what is wrong and how to fix it.
    *bangs head on wall* Ray!!! I was just at PT! For my knee issue and it didnt help much, but I really can't go back.
         
        06-27-2012, 01:57 AM
      #18
    Green Broke
    I have the same exact problem! I couple years ago I got bucked off my horse and yet the back off the saddle and flew in the air hit the ground so hard.. now I can barely lift up one of my horses hooves without having any pain.. I thought it was just me.. just sitting here in my bed right now I have some pain in my lower back.. or if I go to sit ddown to fast.. or stand up.. yeah it sucks.. and more recently I've figured out that riding bareback.. I feel like I've been shot in the back.. but I just try to dull the pain out.. I've been around horses my whole life and its not going to stop because my back hurts... and it sucks only being 15 and having so much pain..
         
        06-27-2012, 02:14 AM
      #19
    Started
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by barrelbeginner    
    i have the same exact problem! I couple years ago I got bucked off my horse and yet the back off the saddle and flew in the air hit the ground so hard.. now I can barely lift up one of my horses hooves without having any pain.. I thought it was just me.. just sitting here in my bed right now I have some pain in my lower back.. or if I go to sit ddown to fast.. or stand up.. yeah it sucks.. and more recently I've figured out that riding bareback.. I feel like I've been shot in the back.. but I just try to dull the pain out.. I've been around horses my whole life and its not going to stop because my back hurts... and it sucks only being 15 and having so much pain..
    Ouch that's not good! I've lived a entire year with the worst bloody pain I've ever had experienced and it was my knee... you can imagine how that goes and yeah I finally went to the doc about it. I tried riding once with it and yeah didnt go well. Riding just made things just as painful and I can't block it out well, I can just live with it. But yeah I kinda fixed it now, but yeah the back thing ill see how it goes but yeah some stuff I can't block out.
         
        06-27-2012, 02:42 PM
      #20
    Green Broke
    Yeah I don't know how I block it out but I have a high tolerance for pain.. sometimes.. sometimes I can't block the pain out but I guess im just so used to it because I've had it for so long that its just not there anymore if you know what im saying. . Well I hope everything gets better for you!:)
         

    Quick Reply
    Please help keep the Horse Forum enjoyable by reporting rude posts.
    Message:
    Options

    Register Now

    In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

    Already have a Horse Forum account?
    Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

    New to the Horse Forum?
    Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.

    User Name:
    Password
    Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
    Password:
    Confirm Password:
    Email Address
    Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
    Email Address:

    Log-in

    Human Verification

    In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


    Old Thread Warning
    This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    my legs are about to drop off... blue eyed pony English Riding 11 04-07-2012 10:05 AM
    do you think she will drop soon? preciousdiamond Horse Breeding 60 07-12-2010 05:52 PM
    is she due to drop yet? preciousdiamond Horse Breeds 2 06-17-2010 09:35 AM
    Drop Noseband SpiritJordanRivers English Riding 2 06-03-2010 10:20 PM
    HE WON'T DROP! amightytarzan5 Horse Health 9 04-14-2008 05:31 PM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:30 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0