Can't sleep, need to vent about my Mom!! - Page 2
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Life Beyond Horses > General Off Topic Discussion

Can't sleep, need to vent about my Mom!!

This is a discussion on Can't sleep, need to vent about my Mom!! within the General Off Topic Discussion forums, part of the Life Beyond Horses category

    Like Tree1Likes

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        06-16-2013, 10:32 AM
      #11
    Started
    Contact the fire department and other fire safety organizations and see if they have any smoke detectors to spare, as well as pamphlets, fire extinguishers and other things.
    Posted via Mobile Device
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        06-16-2013, 10:40 AM
      #12
    Green Broke
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Fort fireman    
    GET A SMOKE DETECTOR!!!! They are very cheap insurance for your safety. It is true they save lives. Get one for each floor of your condo. As far as the candle, my best suggestion is to check behind your mom if she won't put them out you do it. [B]After she has to relight them a few times she my get the hint. [B/]
    You've never met my mother I've been blowing the candle out behind her and asking her not to do it for YEARS! Unfortunately her only answer is if you don't like it, leave. Hence why I live about half the time at my girlfriend house.
    Posted via Mobile Device
         
        06-16-2013, 10:41 AM
      #13
    Green Broke
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by LadyDreamer    
    Contact the fire department and other fire safety organizations and see if they have any smoke detectors to spare, as well as pamphlets, fire extinguishers and other things.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    We have a fire extinguisher, but where she burns the candle would cut us off from getting it. I'll get one for all of our bedrooms.
    Posted via Mobile Device
         
        06-16-2013, 10:49 AM
      #14
    Started
    Yep, do a search for free smoke alarms on google or call your local fire department. They should be able to direct you to the right source.
    Posted via Mobile Device
         
        06-17-2013, 03:36 AM
      #15
    Yearling
    Sad, seems like it might take her house burning to the ground for her to learn and if does I'd honestly shrug and say "told you so". But I'd move out of you could, with your sibling(s) if possible. I love candles but I only ever burn them when I'm in the room even if I just go to the bathroom I blow out the candle and I always make sure there is nothing flammable that could fesibly touch the flame. My friends Dad is the fire chief of Delta, so he hates candles altogether which I understand but honestly if your responsible about it I don't see an issue.
         
        06-17-2013, 01:09 PM
      #16
    Green Broke
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Samstead    
    Sad, seems like it might take her house burning to the ground for her to learn and if does I'd honestly shrug and say "told you so". But I'd move out of you could, with your sibling(s) if possible. I love candles but I only ever burn them when I'm in the room even if I just go to the bathroom I blow out the candle and I always make sure there is nothing flammable that could fesibly touch the flame. My friends Dad is the fire chief of Delta, so he hates candles altogether which I understand but honestly if your responsible about it I don't see an issue.
    I like candles too, and I feel they are relatively safe to burn as long as you are responsible about kids, pets, placement, etc.

    Your right, and I came to that realization a long time ago. It is going to be awful hard to shrug when all my possessions go up in flames though. =\

    Moving out isn't really an option for me at the moment, I'm stuck in nursing school. But my I am able to get away and spend a lot of time at my girlfriends house. My sister should be getting into the police academy in July so she will also be able to move out pretty soon.
    Posted via Mobile Device
         
        06-17-2013, 09:29 PM
      #17
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SlideStop    
    I like candles too, and I feel they are relatively safe to burn as long as you are responsible about kids, pets, placement, etc.

    Your right, and I came to that realization a long time ago. It is going to be awful hard to shrug when all my possessions go up in flames though. =\

    Moving out isn't really an option for me at the moment, I'm stuck in nursing school. But my I am able to get away and spend a lot of time at my girlfriends house. My sister should be getting into the police academy in July so she will also be able to move out pretty soon.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    could you room with her?
         
        06-17-2013, 10:46 PM
      #18
    Green Broke
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Samstead    
    could you room with her?
    I don't see why not, I room with her now! We really couldn't move out either way. I don't make enough money, especially when I'm in school. There is not an ice cubes chance in hell I'm quitting school to move out. Unless my lovely "nurse with the purse" girlfriend wants to move out any time soon and be gracious enough to support me, that would be my only chance.
    Posted via Mobile Device
         
        06-17-2013, 10:59 PM
      #19
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SlideStop    
    I don't see why not, I room with her now! We really couldn't move out either way. I don't make enough money, especially when I'm in school. There is not an ice cubes chance in hell I'm quitting school to move out. Unless my lovely "nurse with the purse" girlfriend wants to move out any time soon and be gracious enough to support me, that would be my only chance.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    well hey if you're there most of the time anyway...
         
        06-17-2013, 11:05 PM
      #20
    Green Broke
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Samstead    
    well hey if you're there most of the time anyway...
    She still lives with her parents. They pretty much have an open door policy with me so it really isn't that bad. If there was any chance of me moving out it would have happened a while ago. My mom has been an alcoholic for at least 10 years ago and I'm her punching bag to say the least. Luckily I've learned to stuff it down, pick myself up by the boot straps and walk with my head held high. If I had options I'd take them!
    Posted via Mobile Device
         

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    I Just Want To Sleep... Phantomcolt18 General Off Topic Discussion 19 11-06-2012 01:18 PM
    Once a mom - always a mom - cute story Prodomus Horse Breeding 9 11-21-2009 09:40 AM
    i can't sleep... ilovemyhorsies Other Pets 10 10-17-2008 06:03 PM
    can't sleep farmpony84 General Off Topic Discussion 8 09-01-2008 06:36 PM
    need to vent again...i vent a lot...lol KANSAS_TWISTER General Off Topic Discussion 6 08-23-2008 06:16 AM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:18 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0