Electric shocks
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Life Beyond Horses > General Off Topic Discussion

Electric shocks

This is a discussion on Electric shocks within the General Off Topic Discussion forums, part of the Life Beyond Horses category
  • Why causes some people to be more suseptable to getting electrical shocks
  • Electric shocks and horsea

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    04-05-2010, 08:10 AM
  #1
Green Broke
Electric shocks

I was just curoius if anyone else get electric shots from lots of things.
I mean I get electric shots from cars, fences I even got one from a dressing gown the other day
It's quite werid
Once I was getting money out of the atm and it shocked me I told mum she's didn't really care or thought I was lying or something lol

Any way would love to know if other people get shocked
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    04-05-2010, 09:01 AM
  #2
Showing
I think some people are more prone to shocks then others. It has a lot to do with static electricity and can be caused by the cloths you wear including your shoes. I had to use a spray on product called "Static Guard" for a while due to the same problem (but that was many many years ago).

It may also be caused by the way your clothes are dried or if your mother uses dryer sheets or a fabric softener.
     
    04-05-2010, 02:11 PM
  #3
Yearling
I seem to get shocked whenever I touch anything that is metal or electric.
But I've figured out it's more likely to happen if I wear skate shoes or flat bottomed shoes. If I wear running shoes or hiking boots, it doesn't seem to happen as much.
     
    04-05-2010, 04:05 PM
  #4
Showing
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTree    
I was just curoius if anyone else get electric shots from lots of things.
I mean I get electric shots from cars, fences I even got one from a dressing gown the other day
It's quite werid
Once I was getting money out of the atm and it shocked me I told mum she's didn't really care or thought I was lying or something lol

Any way would love to know if other people get shocked
I think it's pretty normal for all of us to get shocked regularly in some way or another. Static energy is easily created but as it was posted, what you wear can make a big difference in how much or how little you get it-even the way you walk and your footwear.
     
    04-05-2010, 04:13 PM
  #5
Showing
I'm shocking as well. I used to work as a dispatcher where I had a panel of computers and radios that I had to touch. I more than once wiped out the whole system when I touched a radio. They started making me wear a ground strap on my wrist.
I also have a hard time at Walmarts. I've gotten shocked so badly by their shelving that its like touching an electric fence and almost knocks me down. I'm not sure what causes it, but I'm sure its my clothes or shoes and not my electric personality
I once worked for a woman who couldn't wear a watch because she shorted them out. I'm not nearly that bad
     
    04-05-2010, 04:18 PM
  #6
Super Moderator
I get shocks almost every time after driving our car. I leave the car, go inside or somewhere, touch something and get a shock.

If I'm just a passenger I usually don't get one, but if I've driven myself... Our car doesn't obviously like me because she leaves me unevenly charged .
     
    04-05-2010, 05:02 PM
  #7
Showing
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaMMa89    
I get shocks almost every time after driving our car. I leave the car, go inside or somewhere, touch something and get a shock.

If I'm just a passenger I usually don't get one, but if I've driven myself... Our car doesn't obviously like me because she leaves me unevenly charged .
Thanks for the chuckle, that was really funny! I get bad shocks from the car as well. And only when I've driven too. Pretty weird
     
    04-05-2010, 05:06 PM
  #8
Started
I get shocks all the time!
Me and my friends used to shock eachother for fun (we were in 3rd grade).
I even get shocks from my dog xD
     
    04-05-2010, 08:03 PM
  #9
Started
I notice that I have days when I get shocked a ton, and other days I don't at all. Could have something to do with the weather.
     
    04-05-2010, 10:06 PM
  #10
Yearling
I accidently stuck my finger in the electrical outlet once and my arm got really hot . And then I accidently did it again!
     

Quick Reply
Please help keep the Horse Forum enjoyable by reporting rude posts.
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How do I test to see if my fence is electric? Brianna6432 Horse Talk 17 03-16-2010 08:44 PM
Electric Fence... how high Velvetgrace Horse Health 3 06-11-2009 01:49 AM
How to stop accidental shocks from tank heater? Krista S Horse Health 2 01-15-2009 01:12 PM
Electric horse_luver4e Horse Training 13 04-09-2008 12:15 PM
electric fencing KANSAS_TWISTER Horse Tack and Equipment 5 06-24-2007 10:36 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0