Gay Marriage Is going to Supreme Court! - Page 20 - The Horse Forum
 127Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #191 of 226 Old 04-03-2013, 05:17 PM Thread Starter
Green Broke
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 4,989
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe4d View Post
My X's lawyer tried to get my divorce contested over interest on a couple hundred bucks I refused to pay till divorce was signed. The judge actually laughed when I fipped a quarter across the table and said, "that should cover it till I get out to the car and get my checkbook."
Go to church, have your wedding, have your party, Why on earth get the government involved ?
Because the federal government does not recognize same sex marriage and sees couples as "just friends" when, in fact, its deeper then that. There are over 1000 benefits, whether good or not, the federal government with holds.

Idk if you know about the case in that has gone to supreme court but I'll cliff note it for you. Basically this woman's spouse passes away after 45 years of being together and legally married in the state of NY (their home state). Her spouse passes and leaves her the estate. That's well and good, except she was made to pay $360,000 of taxes on the property. If her spouse was a man the total of taxes she would of had to pay is $0. Fair? I think not.

Sure, there are down points to marriage but that's why you should pick your partner CAREFULLY no matter what sexual orientation you are.
Posted via Mobile Device
SlideStop is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #192 of 226 Old 04-03-2013, 05:27 PM Thread Starter
Green Broke
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 4,989
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe4d View Post
My X's lawyer tried to get my divorce contested over interest on a couple hundred bucks I refused to pay till divorce was signed. The judge actually laughed when I fipped a quarter across the table and said, "that should cover it till I get out to the car and get my checkbook."
Go to church, have your wedding, have your party, Why on earth get the government involved ?
And one more thing, although a church might preform a same-sex wedding its not recognize within the entire institution. Recognition by the church would be great, but that's a whole 'bother battle.
Posted via Mobile Device
SlideStop is offline  
post #193 of 226 Old 04-05-2013, 01:52 PM
Showing
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ontario
Posts: 17,193
• Horses: 0
If a person undergoes a sex change, that is recognized and the person is issued a new birth certificate. This means that with all same sex partners, one needs to have a sex change in order to be recognized under the law.
Saddlebag is offline  
post #194 of 226 Old 04-05-2013, 02:06 PM Thread Starter
Green Broke
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 4,989
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saddlebag View Post
If a person undergoes a sex change, that is recognized and the person is issued a new birth certificate. This means that with all same sex partners, one needs to have a sex change in order to be recognized under the law.
...then they will be opposite sex partners.

Gay/lesbian don't want to be the opposite sex. I'm a woman who loves other women. Not a man hater or a man wanna be, just a lesbian. I would NEVER want to be a man and I would certainly struggle is my partner wanted a sex change.
Posted via Mobile Device
SlideStop is offline  
post #195 of 226 Old 04-05-2013, 02:16 PM
Showing
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ontario
Posts: 17,193
• Horses: 0
Faceman, have you ever wondered why those homosexuals you've know didn't seem to have any religious interest? Because there is always some a**hole who will make snide remarks. So by avoiding the topic and not attending church they save themselves a lot of grief. Has anyone ever wondered what it is like to be a kid knowing you are different and your parents are anti gay.No communication there so the child will grow up feeling very much alone.
Saddlebag is offline  
post #196 of 226 Old 04-05-2013, 03:34 PM
Foal
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 35
• Horses: 0
On the topic of the impact of growing up in a same-sex parent household on kids, my father is on wife #3 and my mother is looking for a husband of the same iteration. I'd say the odds of the dynamics of a married gay couple doing any more "damage" to a kid than was done to me or many kids similarly situated is unlikely. If people are so concerned about the impact on children of growing up in a same-sex parent household, championing or at least maintaining an accepting, live and let live attitude, such that these kids wouldn't have to grow up in a society that made them feel like outcasts or oddities, would go a long way toward reducing any such impact.

My brother-in-law is gay. He's a great guy. He's great with my girls - loves 'em to death. I wouldn't see him denied the right to have kids of his own just because he was born attracted to a different type of consenting adult, and I wouldn't see him denied the right to marry for that reason, either, especially if he can offer a loving, stable home, which is apparently becoming increasingly rare for children these days.

As for the sanctity of the institution of marriage, I think heterosexuals have already done too much damage to it for homosexuals to have much impact at this point.

For goodness sake, let 'em drink from the same water fountain, already.

Last edited by HoofHearted; 04-05-2013 at 03:37 PM.
HoofHearted is offline  
post #197 of 226 Old 04-06-2013, 02:19 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Branson
Posts: 4,264
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saddlebag View Post
Faceman, have you ever wondered why those homosexuals you've know didn't seem to have any religious interest? Because there is always some a**hole who will make snide remarks. So by avoiding the topic and not attending church they save themselves a lot of grief. Has anyone ever wondered what it is like to be a kid knowing you are different and your parents are anti gay.No communication there so the child will grow up feeling very much alone.
No, I don't wonder at all...I know - which you should know if you read my post in its entirety...
Faceman is offline  
post #198 of 226 Old 04-06-2013, 02:43 PM
Showing
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ontario
Posts: 17,193
• Horses: 0
Slide I was just pointing out the stupidity of the laws, that in order that your relationship with another woman be recognized one of you would have to undergo surgery. The laws condone genital mutilation, oh, my mistake, a sex change.
Saddlebag is offline  
post #199 of 226 Old 04-06-2013, 03:16 PM Thread Starter
Green Broke
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 4,989
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saddlebag View Post
Slide I was just pointing out the stupidity of the laws, that in order that your relationship with another woman be recognized one of you would have to undergo surgery. The laws condone genital mutilation, oh, my mistake, a sex change.
Sorry I realized that after I read your post. I kind of thought it had a sarcastic tone, sorry! I should of posted something afterwards.
Posted via Mobile Device
SlideStop is offline  
post #200 of 226 Old 04-07-2013, 10:53 AM
Trained
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Palmyra, Wisconsin
Posts: 5,470
• Horses: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlideStop View Post
Because the federal government does not recognize same sex marriage and sees couples as "just friends" when, in fact, its deeper then that. There are over 1000 benefits, whether good or not, the federal government with holds.

Idk if you know about the case in that has gone to supreme court but I'll cliff note it for you. Basically this woman's spouse passes away after 45 years of being together and legally married in the state of NY (their home state). Her spouse passes and leaves her the estate. That's well and good, except she was made to pay $360,000 of taxes on the property. If her spouse was a man the total of taxes she would of had to pay is $0. Fair? I think not.

Sure, there are down points to marriage but that's why you should pick your partner CAREFULLY no matter what sexual orientation you are.
Posted via Mobile Device
If both names had been on the estate she would have gotten it all without taxes. Also each should will their half to the other so family can't step in. No marriage is need for those things.
Missy May likes this.
natisha is online now  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.



User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Supreme Court upholds health care law kitten_Val General Off Topic Discussion 151 07-04-2012 07:40 PM
Marriage described through a horse race - Warning, vulgar language!! mliponoga Jokes and Funnies 10 12-21-2010 09:49 PM
Pre arranged marriage? LOL Heybird Horse Pictures 7 12-21-2009 06:56 PM
Court Venue rider4life422 Horse Law 5 06-22-2009 06:16 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome