Gay Rights - Page 6 - The Horse Forum
 214Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #51 of 161 Old 06-30-2012, 07:13 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Branson
Posts: 4,264
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristaJean View Post
I will never understand the whole "Dude lesbians are so hot, but eww gay guys are just gross" mentality.
It makes no sense, and fetishizes lesbians.
Posted via Mobile Device
Well, not all men think that way - certainly not me. If a girl is hot she is hot - doesn't have much to do with whether she is homosexual or heterosexual. I don't think a woman's sexual preference has much to do with how attractive or unattractive she might be...
Faceman is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #52 of 161 Old 06-30-2012, 07:57 PM
Teen Forum Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: South East Texas
Posts: 7,157
• Horses: 2
I honestly just don't understand why people are trying to 'convert' us heteros to the homosexual outlook. You say that we're the ones who point fingers and wag tounges, but honestly I don't see any difference between us. If we dissagree even passively with gay rights, you're willing to jump at our throats and call us homophobes, just as much as SOME of us are willing to judge you for being homosexual. Neither of us are any better than eachother :/


I understand that this is a sensative subject. But so is starvation. Death. Where we go after we die. Family. Can't we all just give eachother respect on these sorts of issues and not have to feel like we have to butt heads or throw money at certain organizations? I mean honestly. Why do you think all of those different companies support gay rights? Because THEY WANT MORE MONEY. If they were openly against gay rights, they would loose not only their gay customers but also their straight customers who supported gay rights. I'm not saying thats wrong of them, but its not because everyone that works for them or is involved in business with them are actually for it.

I'm not for gay rights. And I know that you are all going to jump at me now, because although this is supposed to be a discussion, many of you are biased before you even start reading what I'm about to say now. Its a one sided debate.

So, yes. I said it. I'm not for gay rights. I'm also...get this...a christian. Which immediately makes me childish and immature, right? Now you hate me right? You'll forget all of the very mature, adult conversations I've had, all of the situations I've handled well, who I am, and why. Just because of my labels. Thats fine, hate me if you want. But know that I'm not going to condemn YOU for your affliation. That makes me the bigger person. I'm not going to hate you and I'm not going to condemn you. In fact, I love each and every one of you even if we don't agree. I can hate something that you do but not hate you, just like I can hate that my dad is an alchoholic but still love him because he's my dad. I dont think less of him, I don't go around telling everyone that I hate alcoholism or beer. I simply love him as a person without agreeing with him.

I don't openly proclaim that I hate homosexuals because I don't. I value them all as people and will not treat them differently. Yet I'm labeled as a homophobe all of the time. Isnt there something wrong with that? But I dont have organizations supporting me or marches in my honor to promote acceptance, do I?

Isn't there something wrong here? :/
Silent one and horseandme like this.

Everyone in your life is meant to
be in your journey, but not all of
them are meant to stay till the end.

Last edited by Endiku; 06-30-2012 at 08:01 PM.
Endiku is offline  
post #53 of 161 Old 06-30-2012, 08:03 PM
Weanling
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: NH
Posts: 692
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by inaclick View Post
In my country the discussion revolves mostly around what influence will gay couple have upon their children.

I must admit that I sat and thought about it quite a few times, but allI know is that...we can't know yet for sure. We need a few generations of adults growing in gay parenting households, to see if indeed it might have any influence on their own sexual perception and choice.

On the other hand, even if this influence would happen, I still do not see the issue.
Rather than abusive neglectful parents or no parents at all or a chain of foster homes, much better would be some normal, loving parents. Who happen to be gay. Fine. But what's the use to have straight parents if they make your life and their a straight hell. I imagine the children avilable for doption are not exactly coming from some paradise situations.

Also, the main counter argument that I have met in my discussions on this topic was "but wht if the kids turn gay too"
I have no idea. But I still can't see this as bad. We're not exactly on the brink of extinction. Our sexual preferences do not define us as humans. We hve gy and straight politicians, actors, artists, workers, doctors, lawyers. If my child would need surgery I would seek for the best surgeon, not for the STRAIGHtest surgeon or well, GAYest surgeon. Same , if I would look for best lawyer, best shop owner, best farrier etc.

I consider gay people must be accepted completely into society, as parents and as couples. Yes, their own sexual choice is not mine, but there's more to a man or a woman than who they choose to shag with.
First off lol you dont just turn gay You dont just wake one day and say well since my mom is lesbian I think I will be too. lol its not catchy and its not heriditary.
I know a couple of gay marriages that raised wonderful well balanced children that are straight. Its rasing children to respect others and not to judge others race sexuality religion etc etc. Want respect and peace and rights it starts in the home and with our children.

Gays are people too and they have rights!

TRR
TimberRidgeRanch is offline  
post #54 of 161 Old 06-30-2012, 08:18 PM
Weanling
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: NH
Posts: 692
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe4d View Post
Actually I do get offended by overt sexual talk. I work in an environment that has lots of tourists in summer cloths going by, The guys I work with oogle and make comments at every single woman they see. Seriously they act like they have never actually seen a woman before. Maybe they havent, or the ones they have seen arnt very attractive. I have no idea. But it does get old. Since we are talking about opinions I'll go ahead and post mine. And I really dont care if you like em or not.
1. Gays in the Bible, I dont care. I'm not God, nor would I presume to speak for God. He is perfectly capable of sorting things out.
2. Gay chicks ? Ok I'll admit kinda hot.
3. Gay dudes ? ewwww,
4. Gay Marriage ? I think they should have the right to be just as miserable as the rest of us. Why should they get off so easy ? Seriously it doesnt affect me so why should I care ?
5. Gay association. A private club, organization or what not should have every right to admit or exclude anyone they see fit for any reason they see fit. Its a private organization.
Okay JOE I just spit my coffee out when I read this sooo wonderfully put! and I agree.
Too many people use the bible as a crutch when ever they want to be proved right. I do not believe in a book written by a human. I know there is a god a higher power even. I dont need someone pointing at me telling me " It says it in the book so be it!" oh please

Im straight have alot of gay friends and even relatives that I cherish very much.
and as far as marriage goes Vows go out the window the minute the honey moon is over!

Love your post JOE!

TRR
ellygraceee likes this.
TimberRidgeRanch is offline  
post #55 of 161 Old 06-30-2012, 08:24 PM
Weanling
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: NH
Posts: 692
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Racer View Post
Men think lesbians are hot because the porn industry has made it appear that all women, regardless of actual sexual orientation, are all lesbians if given the chance. Guys, it's PORN! It's NOT REAL LIFE!

The idea of touching another woman sexually makes me. me nauseated, not turned on. A true hetero woman is no more attracted to the same sex than a hetero man. Deal with it.

Oh, and I'd never wear heels while engaged in the act, as that's a good way to put out someone's eye. It's all fun and games until somebody takes a stiletto to the eye!
RACER 2 girls ummm doing it shouldnt make you hot your 1 straight 2 a female lol

a guy who deosnt find it hot is a guy whos gay plain and simple lol

LMFAO love the heels comment heck never mind pocking ones eyes out I would hurt myself just walking.

TRR
TimberRidgeRanch is offline  
post #56 of 161 Old 06-30-2012, 08:42 PM
Showing
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Just south of sanity
Posts: 16,329
• Horses: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endiku View Post
I'm not for gay rights. I'm also...get this...a christian. /
So you don't see gays as people deserving the same rights and equality that you enjoy, merely because you were born hetero?

I don't hate you, but I do pity you because you seem to believe that being gay is a disease or condition comparable to alcoholism or drug addiction.

I also consider myself a Christian, but I believe that all of us are equal in God's eyes. Christ taught acceptance and equality, not bigotry disguised as 'hate the sin but love the sinner'.

My father was a dyed in the wool Irish Catholic of the old school, and yet he didn't think homosexuality was a sin, perversion, or that gays were somehow lesser human beings. He believed, as I do, that a person's sexuality is set before they're born. It's no more a choice than it was for me to 'choose' heterosexuality.

I can disagree with your opinion without hating you, but I do find it extremely disappointing that you were convinced going in that somehow you'd be persecuted for it so immediately went on the offensive, accusing the rest of us of hatred.

Gays are people, and should be accorded the same rights and privileges as those who only by an accident of birth are hetereosexual.

You want the truth? You can't HANDLE the truth!

Last edited by Speed Racer; 06-30-2012 at 08:46 PM.
Speed Racer is offline  
post #57 of 161 Old 06-30-2012, 08:47 PM
Trained
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Georgia USA
Posts: 6,646
• Horses: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Racer View Post

I can disagree with your opinion without hating you, but I do find it extremely disappointing that you were convinced going in that somehow you'd be persecuted for it so immediately went on the offensive, accusing the rest of us of hatred.
People on both sides of this issue tend to get extremely upset and hate on the other side. Any group that screams out hatred does more to turn people against their cause than they ever convert people to their cause. We are all different and we should all try to get along.

Celeste
Celeste is offline  
post #58 of 161 Old 06-30-2012, 08:54 PM
Showing
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Just south of sanity
Posts: 16,329
• Horses: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimberRidgeRanch View Post
RACER 2 girls ummm doing it shouldnt makeshift you hot your 1 straight 2 a female lol

[B]a guy who deosnt find it hot is a guy whos gay plain and simple lol[/

TRR
So by your definition, I should find two guys going at it 'hot' or I'm a lesbian? You certainly have a strange idea of what constitutes heterosexuality.

Why is it 'natural' for a hetero man to be turned on by two women going at it? I don't get hot and bothered when I see two guys doing it, any more than watching two women together.

You want the truth? You can't HANDLE the truth!
Speed Racer is offline  
post #59 of 161 Old 06-30-2012, 09:00 PM
Trained
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Georgia USA
Posts: 6,646
• Horses: 1
As much as I don't understand it, a lot of men get stirred up by seeing women "in action". Maybe it is instinct. Maybe it is just yucky.

Celeste
Celeste is offline  
post #60 of 161 Old 06-30-2012, 10:02 PM
Foal
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 204
• Horses: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endiku View Post
I honestly just don't understand why people are trying to 'convert' us heteros to the homosexual outlook. You say that we're the ones who point fingers and wag tounges, but honestly I don't see any difference between us. If we dissagree even passively with gay rights, you're willing to jump at our throats and call us homophobes, just as much as SOME of us are willing to judge you for being homosexual. Neither of us are any better than eachother :/


I understand that this is a sensative subject. But so is starvation. Death. Where we go after we die. Family. Can't we all just give eachother respect on these sorts of issues and not have to feel like we have to butt heads or throw money at certain organizations? I mean honestly. Why do you think all of those different companies support gay rights? Because THEY WANT MORE MONEY. If they were openly against gay rights, they would loose not only their gay customers but also their straight customers who supported gay rights. I'm not saying thats wrong of them, but its not because everyone that works for them or is involved in business with them are actually for it.

I'm not for gay rights. And I know that you are all going to jump at me now, because although this is supposed to be a discussion, many of you are biased before you even start reading what I'm about to say now. Its a one sided debate.

So, yes. I said it. I'm not for gay rights. I'm also...get this...a christian. Which immediately makes me childish and immature, right? Now you hate me right? You'll forget all of the very mature, adult conversations I've had, all of the situations I've handled well, who I am, and why. Just because of my labels. Thats fine, hate me if you want. But know that I'm not going to condemn YOU for your affliation. That makes me the bigger person. I'm not going to hate you and I'm not going to condemn you. In fact, I love each and every one of you even if we don't agree. I can hate something that you do but not hate you, just like I can hate that my dad is an alchoholic but still love him because he's my dad. I dont think less of him, I don't go around telling everyone that I hate alcoholism or beer. I simply love him as a person without agreeing with him.

I don't openly proclaim that I hate homosexuals because I don't. I value them all as people and will not treat them differently. Yet I'm labeled as a homophobe all of the time. Isnt there something wrong with that? But I dont have organizations supporting me or marches in my honor to promote acceptance, do I?

Isn't there something wrong here? :/
I agree with everything you just said. Because we disagree,we are stupid and don't make sense.This is completely agenst my morals. Don't jump on me for not agreeing with you.
horseandme is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.



User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Inmates Rights in Prison? WesternBella General Off Topic Discussion 96 05-17-2012 12:54 AM
what are my rights? what can I do? moderncowgirl Horse Law 47 02-19-2012 05:20 PM
My rights? caligirl70 Horse Law 22 07-25-2011 10:22 PM
Rights to sell? dmj1993 Horse Law 21 09-06-2010 12:50 PM
Animal Rights Question whitetrashwarmblood General Off Topic Discussion 18 12-06-2008 04:02 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome