Got my first traffic ticket today =( - Page 2
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Life Beyond Horses > General Off Topic Discussion

Got my first traffic ticket today =(

This is a discussion on Got my first traffic ticket today =( within the General Off Topic Discussion forums, part of the Life Beyond Horses category

    Like Tree20Likes

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        09-05-2013, 12:53 AM
      #11
    Weanling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Skyseternalangel    
    I've never talked myself out of a ticket because I own up to the ones I earned, and the cop won't ever back down if they ticket you for something you didn't do.

    Being on the phone in the car is dangerous as it is distracting. Pull over, or just wait till you get there.

    Bluetooth is good for hand's free but you are still distracted, especially if the line is fuzzy.
    To clear up this little issue. I got out of my tickets for, might I quote "I like your honesty" I never tried to pawn my wrong doings off on anyone. I'm a tad more mature than that
    towboater likes this.
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        09-05-2013, 12:55 AM
      #12
    Green Broke
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bitinsane    
    lol so much hostility and judging people here I see. Heh. I was in bumper to bumper traffic so decided to call a friend. I very seldom drive while talking on the phone...hence why I don't get a bluetooth. Anyhows, I have been pulled over for other times for minor issues as in not utilizing turn signals and ignoring proper signage and slap me silly if yall have never ever in your life went above the speed limit, made a you turn when not allowed etc...people on here think they are saints sent from heaven. I swear. I'm not asking for sympathy, just felt the need to vent a little.
    It's not about being lily white when it comes to breaking the law. It's about standing up knowing you broke the law and accepting the punishment.
    Skyseternalangel likes this.
         
        09-05-2013, 12:56 AM
      #13
    Green Broke
    I know for a fact im no saint. And yes I have broken the speed limit.

    Got a ticket 2 years ago for going 82 in a 45 (got a call about a friend in huge trouble so off I went like I was actually going to be able to do something about it...:/) and yeah I know what I did was super stupid and dangerous and I learned my lesson. But I also don't go on and brag about talking my way out of a ticket.....popo give them for a reason. Those laws are there for a reason and distracted driving (whether you're going 5mph or not) is still dangerous.

    Not trying to condemn you. Just you know, it could have ended up a lot worse for you and somebody else than just a ticket. :/
         
        09-05-2013, 12:57 AM
      #14
    Weanling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Darrin    
    It's not about being lily white when it comes to breaking the law. It's about standing up knowing you broke the law and accepting the punishment.
    What do you think I'm doing? Lol
         
        09-05-2013, 12:58 AM
      #15
    Weanling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Roperchick    
    I know for a fact im no saint. And yes I have broken the speed limit.

    Got a ticket 2 years ago for going 82 in a 45 (got a call about a friend in huge trouble so off I went like I was actually going to be able to do something about it...:/) and yeah I know what I did was super stupid and dangerous and I learned my lesson. But I also don't go on and brag about talking my way out of a ticket.....popo give them for a reason. Those laws are there for a reason and distracted driving (whether you're going 5mph or not) is still dangerous.

    Not trying to condemn you. Just you know, it could have ended up a lot worse for you and somebody else than just a ticket. :/
    I'm sorry you thought I was bragging. I only stated that my luck has run out.
    towboater likes this.
         
        09-05-2013, 01:17 AM
      #16
    Showing
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bitinsane    
    lol so much hostility and judging people here I see. Heh. I was in bumper to bumper traffic so decided to call a friend. I very seldom drive while talking on the phone...hence why I don't get a bluetooth. Anyhows, I have been pulled over for other times for minor issues as in not utilizing turn signals and ignoring proper signage and slap me silly if yall have never ever in your life went above the speed limit, made a you turn when not allowed etc...people on here think they are saints sent from heaven. I swear. I'm not asking for sympathy, just felt the need to vent a little.
    All of those things break traffic laws and put other people into danger. Hence why you were pulled over.

    What Darrin and I and a few others are saying is those are things you own up to and try not to do again. You can hold off on performing a you turn in an illegal area because they are "illegal" for a reason. It could be it's a high traffic exposed area that you could get T boned in.

    Nothing lucky about any of this.
    NorthernMama likes this.
         
        09-05-2013, 01:21 AM
      #17
    Weanling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Skyseternalangel    
    All of those things break traffic laws and put other people into danger. Hence why you were pulled over.

    What Darrin and I and a few others are saying is those are things you own up to and try not to do again. You can hold off on performing a you turn in an illegal area because they are "illegal" for a reason. It could be it's a high traffic exposed area that you could get T boned in.

    Nothing lucky about any of this.
    Maybe I should explain to you the circumstances of thee illegal you turn. I had pulled out of a parking lot while a bum w a plate of food was chasing after my car screaming. I even went over the median the cops saw the whole thing and he understood the urgency of the situation. It was rather scary. It wasn't like I said, Oh I can't make a you turn here, but I will anyways. It's more of "oh sh*t" moments. I don't break the law on purpose and honestly I wasn't sure about talking and driving laws in the state I'm in since I haven't been here that long. I just learned the hard way is all. It's how I tend to learn my life lessons.
         
        09-05-2013, 02:45 AM
      #18
    Weanling
    On a serious note, would it be worth showing up in traffic court for? The officer put the wrong date and time of incident...he put it occurred 9/5 at 1am. It happened at 9/4 at 1pm. The conditions described on the ticket say it was light out, dry, with moderate traffic. Anyone think I'd have any chance? Everyone is telling me to fight it....
         
        09-05-2013, 06:38 AM
      #19
    Yearling
    Why would you fight it, ypu broke the law? Makes me fell sorry for my significant other who is an officer, having to deal with people wanting to fight tickets so they don't habe to pay them. Nonsense. Pay the **** thing and put it behind you.
    Posted via Mobile Device
         
        09-05-2013, 07:16 AM
      #20
    Green Broke
    I just want to point out that not utilizing turn signals is very dangerous..
    I've almost been in a few pile ups because two/three cars ahead someone didn't use their turn signal and slammed their brakes on to make a turn.

    On another note, forgot in my last post, but just a small "she was just talking on the phone" story from tuesday at work.
    I was out on the road directing traffic around a giant hole in the road in one lane. My partner was at the the bottom of the hill and I was halfway up the hill. Some lady comes flying up the hill and completely blows past her (my partner was screaming and waving her arms), meanwhile I had traffic coming down the hill.
    Not so great, not only did she almost cause a head on collision with a school bus, she almost caused a pile up...in a work zone, nonetheless. She obviously didn't see the signs or stop sign/partner strategically placed where traffic could see her from the light they were sitting at before they came up.

    And btw..under my understanding (per my ex's father who is an officer), the officers are still paid for that ticket they gave, even if it ends up null and void after court. But I will say, those judges take advantage of you having never been in a court room..I'm still upset about that >.<
    But again..atleast you actually did what you got a ticket for..lol.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    jumanji321 likes this.
         

    Quick Reply
    Please help keep the Horse Forum enjoyable by reporting rude posts.
    Message:
    Options

    Register Now

    In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

    Already have a Horse Forum account?
    Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

    New to the Horse Forum?
    Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.

    User Name:
    Password
    Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
    Password:
    Confirm Password:
    Email Address
    Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
    Email Address:

    Log-in

    Human Verification

    In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


    Old Thread Warning
    This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Traffic Desensitization LoveTheSaddlebreds Horse Training 4 10-24-2011 12:53 PM
    Scared of Traffic AllThePrettyHorses Horse Training 10 02-16-2011 04:23 AM
    Burghley Horse Trials (SEPTEMBER) - Ticket for sale rjmartin Tack and Equipment Classifieds 0 08-22-2009 06:32 PM
    Massage Therapy my golden ticket Rebelappy Horse Health 4 07-09-2009 01:21 PM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:27 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0