There is a lot of things that the US government is doing right now that I don't like, there are some things that scare the bejeebus out of me, and there are other things that I hate and will fight tooth and nail.
Certain members of our administration are doing the best that they can to get uber strict gun control laws passed with their ultimate goal being to take away all firearms from the citizens of this country.
There is an old saying that goes "If you outlaw guns, then the only people who will have guns will be the outlaws".
I got this e-mail today, liked it, and I just thought I would share it with any others who might share my sentiments on this subject.
This just about says it all.
During WWII the Japanese decided not to invade America because they knew most Americans were ARMED!
Where can I get my pistol engraved like this??
The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either... The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.
1. Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.
2. I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.
3. When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.
4. A reporter did a human-interest piece on the Texas Rangers. The reporter recognized the Colt Model 1911 the Ranger was carrying and asked him 'Why do you
carry a 45?' The Ranger responded, 'Because they don't make a 46.'
5. The old sheriff was attending an awards dinner when a lady commented on his wearing his sidearm 'Sheriff, I see you have your pistol. Are you expecting trouble?' 'No Ma'am. If I were expecting trouble, I would have brought my shotgun.'
6. Beware the man who only carries one gun. HE PROBABLY KNOWS HOW TO USE IT!!!
But wait, there's more!
I was once asked by a lady visiting if I had a gun in the house. I said I did. She said 'Well I certainly hope it isn't loaded!' To which I said, of course it is loaded, it can't work without bullets!' She then asked, 'Are you that afraid of someone evil coming into your house?' My reply was, “No not at all. I am not afraid of the house catching fire either, but I have fire extinguishers around, and they are all loaded too”.
I'm a firm believer of the 2nd Amendment!
ONLY IN AMERICA
We are the only country where we have homeless without shelter, children going to bed without eating, elderly going without needed meds, and mentally ill without treatment - yet we have a benefit for the people of Haiti on 12 TV stations, ships and planes lining up with food, water, tents, clothes, bedding, doctors and medical supplies. Imagine if we gave ourselves the same support that we give other countries. I feel bad for them, but I wonder who cares about America ..