It is unlawful for any person to sell or transfer a regulated firearm to a person whom he knows or has reasonable cause to believe:
- Is under 21.
- Has been convicted of a disqualifying crime.
- Is a fugitive from justice.
- Is a habitual drunkard.
- Is addicted to a controlled dangerous substance (habitual user).
- Suffers from a mental disorder and has a history of violent behavior against himself or another.
- Has been confined to a facility for more than 30 days for the treatment of a mental disorder.