I wasn't sure where to put this but here it is anyway.
I am looking for some outside input to help me make a decision. I have been looking for a part time job for a few years without success. Within the past two weeks I have found two jobs. One is working weekends and holidays at a Pet Motel, the other is working as a stablehand at a racing stable on weekends and probably holidays too.
I have asked the pet motel a year ago (before I found the racing stable) without a reply then tried again this year. I went up there for a trial on saturday and they asked for my details, availability etc. They are aware I currently do volunteer work at the stables on weekend mornings. They also are directly across the road from where I live so no worries about transport. It is highly probable I could get this job.
Then I have been working at this racing stable on weekend mornings for nearly 2 months now. I really enjoy it even though its hard, it is also something I really want to get into. Just yesterday I found out someone is leaving and I could get a part time job on weekends and possibly holidays now. It's almost garuanteed I would get it. I told the boss that I was already offered another job but I would be more inclined to go for this one. Here is my problem it is only a ten minute drive to get there but I still rely on my mum to get me there (I am in the process of getting my license). I have seriously thought about trying riding my bike there, I am guessing it would take me about 1/2 hr to an hour to get there because there are hills. I would also have a problem with weather if I rode my bike.
My mum has pointed all this stuff out to me and has even said what is the pay for both of them which I don't actually know. I think my mum is trying to get me to choose the pet motel because it is easier to get to. I could also probably continue with my volunteer work if I went to the pet motel. I really want to go to the racing stable though because it is the only place I have been able to find that would take me and I don't know when I would possibly get another offer of a job. I'm so frustrated help please any input would be greatly appreciated.