How to know when your being scammed...? - Page 2
   

       The Horse Forum > Life Beyond Horses > General Off Topic Discussion

How to know when your being scammed...?

This is a discussion on How to know when your being scammed...? within the General Off Topic Discussion forums, part of the Life Beyond Horses category

    Like Tree3Likes

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        02-07-2012, 07:43 PM
      #11
    Foal
    The reason I even looked is because someone friended me on facebook today and asked if was the same guy from craigslist who was interested in buying his motorcycle, which I am not of course. So I decided to do some searching online to see what I could find. I never believed that this nigerian ******* would steal my identity, let alone try scamming people with it. I'm really distraught about it because I don't know how to stop him/them from continuing this. Who do you contact to stop it and clear your name? I am open to any suggestions.
    Posted via Mobile Device
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        02-07-2012, 07:46 PM
      #12
    Started
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jmlufcy    
    The reason I even looked is because someone friended me on facebook today and asked if was the same guy from craigslist who was interested in buying his motorcycle, which I am not of course. So I decided to do some searching online to see what I could find. I never believed that this nigerian ******* would steal my identity, let alone try scamming people with it. I'm really distraught about it because I don't know how to stop him/them from continuing this. Who do you contact to stop it and clear your name? I am open to any suggestions.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    This is so strange... I think I will leave any explaining to your question up to someone else.
         
        02-07-2012, 07:49 PM
      #13
    Showing
    Um, to the OP, definite scam. Ignore.

    To the new poster, sorry, don't know what you're up to, but your story stinks like 3 day old fish. Not buying it.
    Posted via Mobile Device
         
        02-07-2012, 07:52 PM
      #14
    Started
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Speed Racer    
    Um, to the OP, definite scam. Ignore.

    To the new poster, sorry, don't know what you're up to, but your story stinks like 3 day old fish. Not buying it.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    This, and this again.

    I don't get any of this. At all.
         
        02-07-2012, 07:58 PM
      #15
    Foal
    What's not to get? I posted to warn this guy know that yes, it is a scam. Someone is using my name to scam people. I'm sure I'm not the first person to go through this. I was trying to be nice and responsible by warning him it was a scam. What more can I do? I'm sorry you are so naive and close minded to think my story stinks. I told the truth and tried to stop someone from getting hurt.

    Jahson
    Posted via Mobile Device
         
        02-07-2012, 08:20 PM
      #16
    Trained
    Well, I stopped contact with that person and deleted the emails.

    To the real Jahson, thank you for letting me know. That is kind of you to clear everything up. I don't know how to go about identity theft, but I'd be going to the police if I was in your shoes. They have got to be able to do something. Trace IP address, or at least point you into the right direction to someone who can help.
         
        02-07-2012, 08:27 PM
      #17
    Foal
    Thank you for the kind words and the advice. I reported the original incident to the local police back in 2009 but I was yold this problem is so widespread and usually originating in Nigeria which they have no power to do anything about. They said they would give my information to the FBI but that there was probably little they could do about it. Its so frustrating and I thought it was all over with and now this. I may just have to try to contact the FBI myself. Take care.

    Jahson
    Posted via Mobile Device
         
        02-07-2012, 08:30 PM
      #18
    Started
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jmlufcy    
    Thank you for the kind words and the advice. I reported the original incident to the local police back in 2009 but I was yold this problem is so widespread and usually originating in Nigeria which they have no power to do anything about. They said they would give my information to the FBI but that there was probably little they could do about it. Its so frustrating and I thought it was all over with and now this. I may just have to try to contact the FBI myself. Take care.

    Jahson
    Posted via Mobile Device
    The FBI? Really? Is is bad enough to contact them??
         

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    How to Sell your saddle without being scammed! Bethy Tack and Equipment Classifieds 6 10-18-2010 09:56 PM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:40 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0