how should i approach someone?
   

       The Horse Forum > Life Beyond Horses > General Off Topic Discussion

how should i approach someone?

This is a discussion on how should i approach someone? within the General Off Topic Discussion forums, part of the Life Beyond Horses category
  • How to approach someone in class
  • How to approach someone

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    09-03-2010, 02:31 PM
  #1
Yearling
how should i approach someone?

Ok so I started college about three weeks ago. And anyways everyday either before or after one of my classes I see a guy I really want to talk to.. the thing is he is blind and has his guide dog with him. I am not really sure why I want to talk to him so bad but I feel like God is putting it on my heart to talk to him. You know how you feel if you miss a great opportunity? Kinda disappointed.. well I feel beyond disappointed everytime I am on my way home because I did not speak to him. Its aggravates me because I am not shy and I talk to everyone.. but I can't get the courage up to talk to him. Usually when I see him there is people around but just sitting on the ground near him. I don't care what people think and that everyone is staring at him which I think is just dumb.. I mean come on people he is a person just like us.. so how do I talk to him? Like would I need to say something on the lines of, hey im katie, I really like your dog.. or is that just plain stupid? I feel I should mention the dog so he knows im talking to him.. what do you guys think? Or do you have any comments to make?

I proclaim today that I WILL talk to this guy before this semester ends! Haha
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    09-03-2010, 02:52 PM
  #2
Green Broke
I would not talk about the dog. I would say Hi I am Amy. I keep crossing your path on my way to and from class and thougt I would introduce myself. When he says who he is then ask him the name of his dog also and go from there.
     
    09-03-2010, 02:57 PM
  #3
Super Moderator
Wait... first, are you interested in him? I mean, are you maybe ATTRACTED to him? Or do you just want to meet him and befriend him? Not that it's important, just curious.

Is he always with people or is he ever alone? I would almost just go ask if he minded if you sat by him, or... just sit by him! LOL... I'm not good at this sort of thing though... the blindness doesn't seem like it would play a factor though...
     
    09-03-2010, 03:01 PM
  #4
Yearling
Quote:
Originally Posted by churumbeque    
I would not talk about the dog. I would say Hi I am Amy. I keep crossing your path on my way to and from class and thougt I would introduce myself. When he says who he is then ask him the name of his dog also and go from there.
hmm ok thanks!
     
    09-03-2010, 03:03 PM
  #5
Super Moderator
I would think the dog would be a conversation starter. I would not pet the dog, or even ask if I could pet it though. There is a girl that works here who is blind, her dog's name is Hammer. It's how most people strike up the first conversation with her...

They'll say something like, "your dog is beautiful, what's his name? How long have you had him?" and then go from there...
     
    09-03-2010, 03:09 PM
  #6
Yearling
Quote:
Originally Posted by farmpony84    
Wait... first, are you interested in him? I mean, are you maybe ATTRACTED to him? Or do you just want to meet him and befriend him? Not that it's important, just curious.

Is he always with people or is he ever alone? I would almost just go ask if he minded if you sat by him, or... just sit by him! LOL... I'm not good at this sort of thing though... the blindness doesn't seem like it would play a factor though...

Idk..maybe? Lol.. I mean without knowing anything about him.. not even his name.. I really don't know if I am attracted.. I feel like I am.. how can that even be possible? How can a blind guy date a girl he can't see? Hm.. maybe those type of people that go by what really matters and that is personality not looks.. so I mean.. idk! Haha..

And I mean even if I did like him it wouldnt bother me and make me not know how to talk to him.. since I am very outspoken and talk to just about anyone baha

And no... like he is almost all the time alone but people are sitting around but not talking to him.. I just.. ugh.. I don't know what's wrong with me!

I was in his class today before it started because I was with my friend.. and I heard him talking to someone and then that person had to go to the back of the room for something.. and he started talking to that person but they were still back there.. I don't want to say I felt sorry for him because I don't want to sound like I have sympathy for him.. like I do but I don't feel sorry for him.. idk how to explain it.. im compassionate? Lol.. anyways, hard to explain.. but I came home and cried! And this girl right here NEVER cries!! I was crying because I didnt take the opportunity I had to talk to him.. Gosh something is wrong with me.. it has never bothered me this much to not talk to someone I wanted to.. haha.... I need a shrink I think haha
     
    09-03-2010, 03:11 PM
  #7
Yearling
Quote:
Originally Posted by farmpony84    
I would think the dog would be a conversation starter. I would not pet the dog, or even ask if I could pet it though. There is a girl that works here who is blind, her dog's name is Hammer. It's how most people strike up the first conversation with her...

They'll say something like, "your dog is beautiful, what's his name? How long have you had him?" and then go from there...

Well and I thought bringing the dog into it at first shows him im talking to him.. because who else around would have a dog? Lol
     
    09-03-2010, 03:12 PM
  #8
Super Moderator
If he's by himself I'd just go plop down next to him and talk about the first thing that comes to mind. The weather, your latest class assignment.... whatever.
     
    09-03-2010, 03:15 PM
  #9
Yearling
Quote:
Originally Posted by farmpony84    
If he's by himself I'd just go plop down next to him and talk about the first thing that comes to mind. The weather, your latest class assignment.... whatever.

See.. its so simple! I mean dang all I gotta do is say something! But gosh how come when that moment comes it turns to be one of the hardest things ever! Gosh!

I will talk to him! I will talk to him! I will talk to him! My next class is wednesday.. I WILL do this! Haha.. it can't be that hard! I need my horsey right now! Haha


And also just wondering, why was you wondering if I was interested in him?
You think its odd I might be attracted to him? Because I do. Lol
     
    09-03-2010, 03:22 PM
  #10
Super Moderator
Nope. I don't think a person has any control over certain attractions. Obviously there is always that guy that is HOT but then sometimes, there is that guy that is just... plain yet for whatever reason... You keep thinking about him...

The way you wrote the post made me think maybe you were attracted to him is all.... :)
     

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Two abused 7yr geldings... Is Monty Roberts way a good approach? yukontanya Horse Training 18 05-14-2010 10:19 PM
Confused on how to approach this... Icrazyaboutu Horse Talk 4 04-20-2010 07:03 AM
Video still sequence(as usual), approach and jumping.MIEventer...? Snaffle Horse Riding Critique 7 10-13-2009 05:27 PM
Jump Approach XxXequinegrlXxX Horse Riding Critique 15 04-19-2009 10:03 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0