I almost signed this petition - Page 3 - The Horse Forum
 27Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 56 Old 07-07-2012, 08:20 PM Thread Starter
Trained
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: The land of Enchantment
Posts: 8,318
• Horses: 0
Mirrors?

There is just as much horse sense as ever, but the horses have most of it.
Missy May is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 56 Old 07-07-2012, 09:02 PM
Foal
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: South Portland, Maine, USA
Posts: 235
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy May View Post
Mirrors?
I had a few to drink + tired day which doesn't mixs. I ment Minors
Missy May likes this.
northwesten is offline  
post #23 of 56 Old 07-07-2012, 09:33 PM
Trained
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,919
• Horses: 0
Faceman it is logical that enviromental groups are more liberal and support liberal parties.
With some far right groups that denounce and disregard sceintific evidence about the enviroment this is natural.
Also a lot of business contribute to conservative causes to advance their agenda. Exxon Mobil is a good example.
Enviromental issues should be non partisian but they are not.
They affect us all. Shalom
Lockwood likes this.
dbarabians is offline  
post #24 of 56 Old 07-07-2012, 09:45 PM
Started
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 2,148
• Horses: 1
Call me heartless, but I couldn't careless about the hearing of some danged ole whales....then again, I'm a future sailor! I'm all gungho Navy!

Red Money Maker (Red) - 2004 Sorrel QH Gelding
Tennessee is offline  
post #25 of 56 Old 07-07-2012, 09:53 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Branson
Posts: 4,264
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by northwesten View Post
I had a few to drink + tired day which doesn't mixs. I ment Minors
Actually, I thought mirrors was more appropriate - meaning those that just mirror what they see or hear, and I thought that's what you meant...
Faceman is offline  
post #26 of 56 Old 07-07-2012, 10:00 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Branson
Posts: 4,264
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarabians View Post
Faceman it is logical that enviromental groups are more liberal and support liberal parties.
With some far right groups that denounce and disregard sceintific evidence about the enviroment this is natural.
Also a lot of business contribute to conservative causes to advance their agenda. Exxon Mobil is a good example.
Enviromental issues should be non partisian but they are not.
They affect us all. Shalom
Far right, yes. Right, no. Mainline conservatives are just as concerned abut the environment as liberals. Don't forget Teddy Roosevelt was a conservative Republican.

I disagree that environmental issues are not bipartisan. Just because all the environmental wackos are liberals doesn't mean conservatives/Republicans are not environmentalists. We just are realistic and rational about it, and don't do stupid stuff and make ourselves look like idiots by living in an owl tree for a month or chaining ourselves to a tree or lamenting about how cruel it is to catch a fish or eat a chicken...
Faceman is offline  
post #27 of 56 Old 07-07-2012, 10:12 PM
Trained
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,919
• Horses: 0
For your information Faceman, I do NOT go camping and would never live in a tree for a month.
My people spent 40 years in the wilderness and I for one am not going back. LOL
I do know that most conservatives are logical about the enviroment.
However the Republican Party especially here in Texas has sold its soul to Oil companies and Big Business that finance a lot of candidates.
These companies pay big bucks to operate with little oversight or impunity. Shalom
dbarabians is offline  
post #28 of 56 Old 07-07-2012, 10:13 PM
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Posts: 16,315
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy May View Post
I find this comment extremely offensive and an unwarrented, uncalled for personal attack - which is clearly something a moderator can do w impunity if their integrity allows. I do a lot of work on environmental issues b/c it is extremely important to me. I don't just mindlessly wave a sign to ease my conscience. I don't take a single article's word for anything - useful idiots are toxic to the environment. Finding, reading, and researching available scientific studies and data and applicable regulation for any given activity that might adversely affect the environment takes a bit more effort and brain power than I expect you would be willing or able to do...free of charge.

Calm down, Missy. I only meant that many people, myself included, tend to distrust the PETA type organizations. If I were to read a response that only quoted Faceman's "wacko" organizations, I would also groan. Don't be so quick to feel that I am on the attack, for Pete's sake.

I have been a diver since 1970 and have, personally, watched a huge change in different marine environments and all for the worse. I don't just whine about it, I photograph it and give my photos to the Marine Photo Bank for anyone to use for free. I have had several used in different conservation publications. I am passionate about this.

Face, would you only read, without question, an article about this written by an overtly conservative source? Or would you feel the need to give a warning there too?

Even the US, Navy won't deny it.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2007/...37427220070320
kitten_Val and Lockwood like this.

Last edited by Allison Finch; 07-07-2012 at 10:29 PM.
Allison Finch is offline  
post #29 of 56 Old 07-07-2012, 10:31 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Branson
Posts: 4,264
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarabians View Post
For your information Faceman, I do NOT go camping and would never live in a tree for a month.
My people spent 40 years in the wilderness and I for one am not going back. LOL
I do know that most conservatives are logical about the enviroment.
However the Republican Party especially here in Texas has sold its soul to Oil companies and Big Business that finance a lot of candidates.
These companies pay big bucks to operate with little oversight or impunity. Shalom
Have you worked for an oil company? I have...oil and gas exploration was my first career. As with most of the general population, you are clueless to the hoops oil companies have to jump through. I don't mean that to be critical - just fact...no different than me being clueless to the psychiatry profession. While working for Exxon Production Research Company, which is based out of Midland, I had to rebuild sand dunes on the King Ranch near Kingsville to repair slight dune damage due to running big vibrators across them, had to build tanks (Texans know what tanks are), and roads on West Texas ranches we explored on, constantly washed underneath our trucks to prevent the spread off toxic weeds,k reseeded pipelines and areas that might have been damaged - it goes on and on and on, and we did those things as a part of the cost of doing business - not because the government forced us to.

Don't get me wrong - I am not saying oil companies don't screw up environmentally - a drive through the Permian Basin in Midland/Odessa will show that in spades. But that was many years ago. What I am saying is the oil companies do more for the environment than most people know - just because you only hear the rantings of the radical left wing bunny lickers, and politicians with agendas that cater to the bunny lickers doesn't mean there is not more to the story.

I'm pretty objective toward the oil companies and am at the front of the line criticizing them when it is deserved. If you go back 4 or 5 years and research the other horse forum you are on you will find me very outspoken against the oil companies when they were blatantly price gouging. But the flipside is they also take a bum wrap from those that are clueless as to the billions of dollars they have spent on the environment. To say they operate with little oversight and impunity is really ignorant, and you know I mean that in a friendly way, but it is ignorant nonetheless. They are extremely highly regulated, and hardly operate with impunity...
Faceman is offline  
post #30 of 56 Old 07-07-2012, 10:45 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Branson
Posts: 4,264
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allison Finch View Post
Face, would you only read, without question, an article about this written by an overtly conservative source? Or would you feel the need to give a warning there too?

Even the US, Navy won't deny it.

US Navy asserts state secrets in sonar case | Reuters
I read the article, but it offers no information other than the Bush Administration had refused to release logistical information on the basis of national security implications. In all fairness I am not in a position to know if their claim was valid or not, so am clueless as to whether the refusal to release information was a ploy/coverup/whatever, or was valid. While I am, and have been for many years, plugged into both the House and Senate on some issues, I am not privvy to matters of national defense. But I am savvy enough to know there are some things that should not be released. So I just don't know. As I said earlier, I will have to find some time to investigate this issue - I am pretty ignorant about the whole issue to be frank. Let me ask this, though - what has the Obama Administration done to resolve any of this? The article was back in 2007, and Obama has been in power and in control of the military for over 3 years now. I'm not being snide - just asking...
Faceman is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.



User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Signed up for a pen pal! MisssMarie General Off Topic Discussion 7 03-08-2012 05:56 PM
we signed ownership papers, is she actually in my name? beverleyy Horse Law 31 11-10-2011 09:56 PM
Hello, Have you signed the petition? Tanky Meet the Community 3 01-26-2009 03:12 PM
Howdy! New guy signed up! rodeoclown Meet the Community 12 11-12-2008 01:43 PM
Anyone signed up for Trackit? NorthernMama Horse Breeds 3 06-10-2008 08:03 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome