I broke my BFs lamp and then tried to fix it....
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Life Beyond Horses > General Off Topic Discussion

I broke my BFs lamp and then tried to fix it....

This is a discussion on I broke my BFs lamp and then tried to fix it.... within the General Off Topic Discussion forums, part of the Life Beyond Horses category
  • Bfs lamp

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    12-31-2008, 10:04 PM
  #1
Started
I broke my BFs lamp and then tried to fix it....

For Christmas my BFs parents got him a nice table lamp. The other day I turned it on and then went to turn it off and the cord wouldnt re-coil back in. So I told cory who started taking it apart to see where the issue was... but then he was having a hard time getting it back together to work properly. I decided to help out and then told him to take a shower (we were about to go out) While he wasnt in the room I decided to step up and "fix it" I thought I had the spring put in right so I wired it back up, held onto the plastic part, and plugged it in.

Well the bulb didnt come on, so I pulled th cord, still nothing. I must have adjusted my fingers because then I got a shock and dropped it. When I dropped it, the housing made contact with some other metal on the lamp...

And I saw fireworks!!!!!!

The bulb welded itself to the holder thing:
DSC00440.jpg

Well thing my BF came running out of the bathroom and was like "what the??"... I was stunned I guess. So then he goes on to tell me that it was a Terry Redlin lamp and it runs for around $100

I fealt HORRIBLE... but then was like "Cant we buy this piece at the hardware store???" His reply "ya, but I didnt think you were going to kill yourself!!!!"

So off to Lowe's and the piece was like $6.00... oh well I learned a lesson: don't try to fix things that aren't yours, lol

Here is the lamp:
DSC00443.jpg
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    12-31-2008, 10:32 PM
  #2
Showing
Whew! I would've been scared! LOL. Well, glad it could be fixed by just buying a little part...whew, you got lucky!
     
    12-31-2008, 10:33 PM
  #3
Trained
Pretty lamp! I would have been scared as well!! Lucky it could be fixed so easily. Good thing you didn't get hurt as well.
     
    01-01-2009, 01:03 PM
  #4
Trained
LOL... Girl, you get int the funniest situations!!! Glad you weren't seriously hurt and the lamp (which is really cool btw) was easily fixed.
     
    01-01-2009, 09:01 PM
  #5
Started
Ya it was like touching the electric fence, Like my BF says "never a dull moment around you"

I really don't know how I mange to get myself into things...lol
     
    01-01-2009, 09:12 PM
  #6
Super Moderator
Huh . Luckily you didn't hurt yourself badly. Everybody makes mistakes but if there is electric or something like that related to the mistake it's better to call professionals and let they fix damages.

It's good that fixing the lamp weren't more expensive.
     
    01-03-2009, 08:24 PM
  #7
Showing
At least you got it fixed, could have been a real bad situation that made you feel worse than the electrical shock
My first attempt at doing an elect. Job myself involved me standing on a kitchen table trying to put in a ceiling fan without shutting the breaker off. You can guess what happened.
     
    01-04-2009, 12:53 AM
  #8
Trained
LMAO... Maureen I tried to replace the kitchen light fixture with a less gaudy one.... I was also standing on the table and I blew the screwdriver clean out of my hands!!

Bill made me get down and he called a buddy. :(
     
    01-04-2009, 01:15 AM
  #9
Green Broke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel_Leaguer    
Ya it was like touching the electric fence, Like my BF says "never a dull moment around you"

I really don't know how I mange to get myself into things...lol

Number 1 rule when working on eletric things,

Is

UNPLUG THEM

Good thing you were not grounded, you could now be sporting
One of those frizzy hair do's.
     
    01-04-2009, 11:48 AM
  #10
Started
Quote:
Originally Posted by RegalCharm    
Number 1 rule when working on eletric things,

Is

UNPLUG THEM

Good thing you were not grounded, you could now be sporting
One of those frizzy hair do's.
It was unpluged till I plugged it in to try it out. My hair is atleast normal!!!
     

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BROKE MY LEG... D-izzle Horse Training 11 04-09-2014 09:06 PM
Eloquence My soon to be jumper just broke her reininfool15 Horse Riding Critique 7 08-22-2008 08:27 PM
Just broke up...sad need comforting lol xoLivxo General Off Topic Discussion 11 03-19-2008 06:52 PM
grrrr....broke my foot!!!! KANSAS_TWISTER General Off Topic Discussion 13 02-01-2008 06:18 AM
My mum got bucked off and broke her collerbone!!!!!! Bitless Horse Talk 11 01-19-2008 08:23 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0