I hate my job!!! - The Horse Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 Old 01-07-2010, 01:28 PM Thread Starter
Yearling
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,010
• Horses: 3
I hate my job!!!

OI! They put me to work ONE DAY this week for 3 1/2 hours. I'm so sick of this, and then they called me and told me not to come in! Because it was slow. For the record, I work at McDonalds >.< I suppose I don't really work there, it's not so much a job, it's more of a gig. And the people I work with and the customers? I can shoot myself please?

So, to help me get money, I've started selling Avon (I'm 20 years old, I'm an Avon lady. LOL), and working at a barn up north. Paired with my arts that I sell, and the lessons I'm giving to a lady, that's 5 jobs. I'm hoping the Avon really spreads out and becomes good enough that I can quit McD's (there's not avon reps around here).

I've told them, and apparently they're so dull they don't grasp the concept that I live 16 miles away and gas keeps going up in price (again >8O), and that' 3 1/2 hours just doesn't cut it. I hate this job. I've never loathed going to a place more. The customers complain constantly, but they just keep coming back for more! The management is the biggest joke I've ever seen (we're constantly always out of SOMETHING).

So yeah, if someone wants some Avon, lemme know XD I can ship it and eventually I'll have a store online.

I've got a lovely bunch of Neuticals,
There they are all standing in a row

Big ones, small ones, some as big as your head
PaintsPwn is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 16 Old 01-07-2010, 02:55 PM
Trained
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 5,023
• Horses: 5
I totally know the feeling. Been there, done that. It's really frustrating. Just keep your chin up and hang in there :) It will get better.

TM Tardy's Chick "Hunter" - 13 yo Paint
Remmy - 18 yo Morgan/QH cross
Gunner 3/31/11, Heidi 7/2009 Miniature Sicilian donkey
RusticWildFire is offline  
post #3 of 16 Old 01-07-2010, 07:29 PM
Started
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 2,348
• Horses: 1
I feel the same way about my job. :( I'm a hostess at a really busy restaurant and I'm the only one on during the mornings - I'm expected to greet customers, seat people, bus tables, clean tables, set tables, clean washrooms and about 10 other things... all the while I'm supposed to be watching the front? It's ridiculous and I hate it. Not to mention I don't get a break, I've worked 3 seven hour shifts with no break. That's illegal!
I can't wait to find a new job.
Carleen is offline  
post #4 of 16 Old 01-08-2010, 11:07 AM
Showing
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 12,197
• Horses: 2
Definitely makes me like my enjoy of dealing with complaining staff AND patients.
Think of the horse and the good things you have. You do have a couple things your way that I'm sure are great and will work out.
my2geldings is offline  
post #5 of 16 Old 01-08-2010, 11:21 AM
Started
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SouthEastern PA
Posts: 1,740
• Horses: 2
I sit in an office all day, and don't do too much right now. Im getting paid to surf the net and study for my CPA ATM lol. I really wish I got more out doors time. I think a career change is in order.

There arent any closer jobs you can pick up? My boyfriend mows lawns in the spring/summer which helps a little. I have a friend who always has ads up on craigslist for pet/house sitting. My mom sells premier jewlery.
sillybunny11486 is offline  
post #6 of 16 Old 01-08-2010, 11:27 AM
Showing
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 12,197
• Horses: 2
What about working as a cashier at a local store? There are always various small businesses looking for an extra hand. You check your local newspaper?
my2geldings is offline  
post #7 of 16 Old 01-08-2010, 12:01 PM Thread Starter
Yearling
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,010
• Horses: 3
You don't understand. I live in the middle of no where. I drive 16 miles to get to work - why? Because there's no where else around here. There are 5,000 people in the nearest city, and our jobless rate is ridiculous - about 50% I think?

I am a cashier technically, and every time I'm at work I wish for a gun to end my suffering. Dramatic? Yes. But I really do loathe this job.

Right now the horses don't get much interaction, so I'm naturally on edge now that I can't ride everyday like I normally do.

I've got a lovely bunch of Neuticals,
There they are all standing in a row

Big ones, small ones, some as big as your head
PaintsPwn is offline  
post #8 of 16 Old 01-08-2010, 12:06 PM
mls
Trained
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: MN
Posts: 5,464
• Horses: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaintsPwn View Post
You don't understand. I live in the middle of no where. I drive 16 miles to get to work - why? Because there's no where else around here. There are 5,000 people in the nearest city, and our jobless rate is ridiculous - about 50% I think?

So you complain that you do have a job?

Be rational. Ask for a sit down with your store manager and explain you need to work X number of hours to justify the drive. If you are not trying to make the situation better, you have no cause to complain. Many folks out there would be happy to do anything.
mls is offline  
post #9 of 16 Old 01-08-2010, 12:07 PM
Started
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SouthEastern PA
Posts: 1,740
• Horses: 2
So move.
sillybunny11486 is offline  
post #10 of 16 Old 01-08-2010, 12:41 PM
Green Broke
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Rochester, New York
Posts: 2,763
• Horses: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaintsPwn View Post
OI! They put me to work ONE DAY this week for 3 1/2 hours. I'm so sick of this, and then they called me and told me not to come in! Because it was slow. For the record, I work at McDonalds >.< I suppose I don't really work there, it's not so much a job, it's more of a gig. And the people I work with and the customers? I can shoot myself please?

So, to help me get money, I've started selling Avon (I'm 20 years old, I'm an Avon lady. LOL), and working at a barn up north. Paired with my arts that I sell, and the lessons I'm giving to a lady, that's 5 jobs. I'm hoping the Avon really spreads out and becomes good enough that I can quit McD's (there's not avon reps around here).

I've told them, and apparently they're so dull they don't grasp the concept that I live 16 miles away and gas keeps going up in price (again >8O), and that' 3 1/2 hours just doesn't cut it. I hate this job. I've never loathed going to a place more. The customers complain constantly, but they just keep coming back for more! The management is the biggest joke I've ever seen (we're constantly always out of SOMETHING).

So yeah, if someone wants some Avon, lemme know XD I can ship it and eventually I'll have a store online.

I know your pain.. PERSONALLY! I work at McDonalds as well..... I worked yesterday, 4-7. That's ALL I got this week. I have bills to pay, and my job sucks!!! I am going to start looking for another one. I am 18.




Quote:
Originally Posted by mls View Post
So you complain that you do have a job?

Be rational. Ask for a sit down with your store manager and explain you need to work X number of hours to justify the drive. If you are not trying to make the situation better, you have no cause to complain. Many folks out there would be happy to do anything.
I have done that, and they say this " you know it slows down in the winter when college is gone (I live in a college town) and im sorry I can't help you"

Then the next week they give you LESS hours because you went and complained to them about not getting enough hours.


To say the least, I FEEL YOUR PAIN PaintsPwn!!

When God Made Horses, He Painted The Good Ones.
"All I pay my psychiatrist is the cost of feed and hay, and he'll listen to me any day."

Last edited by Jillyann; 01-08-2010 at 12:43 PM.
Jillyann is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.



User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
hate to see this rottenweiler Horses for Sale 12 06-08-2009 07:37 PM
Don't you hate it when... IheartPheobe Jumping 18 04-24-2009 09:02 PM
You know what I hate!? FGRanch General Off Topic Discussion 41 03-27-2009 12:03 PM
I hate this..... katiiii Horse Talk 10 10-26-2008 06:27 AM
Don't you hate it when.... jazzyrider Horse Talk 61 01-14-2008 11:23 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome