I hate people - Page 7 - The Horse Forum
 33Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 69 Old 12-06-2011, 05:11 PM
Weanling
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 586
• Horses: 1
^ actually my friend just spent the summer in India and found a "summer romance". However, if she were to kiss him or do anything else with him if they weren't married, she would be isolated from her family and would be hunted down and murdered by the guy's family if anybody found out. I guess their real strict on pre-marital affairs! I'm sure this isn't true of all of India, but the part my friend visited with her family that lives there are very strict and enforcing with their traditions on everybody.
Posted via Mobile Device
blush is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 69 Old 12-06-2011, 05:45 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Branson
Posts: 4,264
• Horses: 0
Well, that's not so much an Indian thing as much as it is a muslim thing, and Muslims only make up 13% of the population, which is mostly hindu.

I suspect their morals are higher than ours, but then whose aren't?
Faceman is offline  
post #63 of 69 Old 12-07-2011, 09:43 AM
Showing
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: MD
Posts: 23,907
• Horses: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faceman View Post
I suspect their morals are higher than ours, but then whose aren't?
Depends on how you deal with "violations" I guess. I was told by the older co-workers that in those "communistic" countries while back if you break the norms you'll be discussed in public and (possibly) kicked out from the Party (with all consequences of course). So that was strong enough punishment to keep people within the limits. Although the chance to be killed is even a stronger reminder I'd say...

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass: it's about learning to dance in the rain..."

"When we are no longer able to change a situation - we are challenged to change ourselves."

"How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours."
kitten_Val is offline  
post #64 of 69 Old 12-07-2011, 10:02 AM
Showing
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Greenville area / SC
Posts: 13,165
• Horses: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faceman View Post
I suspect their morals are higher than ours, but then whose aren't?
So I guess that Shakira Law is acceptable as being morally correct as it pertains to a modern society.

I'm not arguing with you, I'm just explaining why I'm right.

Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.


It's not always what you say but what they hear.
iridehorses is offline  
post #65 of 69 Old 12-07-2011, 12:57 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Branson
Posts: 4,264
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by iridehorses View Post
So I guess that Shakira Law is acceptable as being morally correct as it pertains to a modern society.
I don't know - I've never heard of Shakira law. Where do they practice that?
Faceman is offline  
post #66 of 69 Old 12-07-2011, 01:21 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 5,526
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faceman View Post
I don't know - I've never heard of Shakira law. Where do they practice that?

Shakira attacks Arizona immigration law | Music | guardian.co.uk
Spyder is offline  
post #67 of 69 Old 12-07-2011, 04:10 PM
Showing
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Greenville area / SC
Posts: 13,165
• Horses: 3
Sometimes spelling error goes way way wrong!!! LOL

Sharia Law.

I'm not arguing with you, I'm just explaining why I'm right.

Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.


It's not always what you say but what they hear.
iridehorses is offline  
post #68 of 69 Old 12-07-2011, 04:24 PM
Weanling
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 586
• Horses: 1
lolololololololol.
Posted via Mobile Device
blush is offline  
post #69 of 69 Old 12-07-2011, 04:32 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 5,526
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by iridehorses View Post
Sometimes spelling error goes way way wrong!!! LOL

Sharia Law.

Seems there are MANY laws out there. Even under a misspell...lol
Spyder is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.



User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I hate people that don't do their research before "educating" people. ShannonSevenfold Horse Talk 11 08-10-2012 08:59 PM
I hate it when people.... megannnn English Riding 42 06-16-2010 12:43 AM
I hate it when people say..... xoSonnyLove1234 Horse Talk 42 03-24-2010 09:44 AM
God I hate people... MacabreMikolaj Horse Health 15 08-24-2009 12:27 PM
Sometimes l hate the people... horseMAD Horse Talk 15 02-17-2009 12:38 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome