Intrusive neighbors...
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Life Beyond Horses > General Off Topic Discussion

Intrusive neighbors...

This is a discussion on Intrusive neighbors... within the General Off Topic Discussion forums, part of the Life Beyond Horses category
  • Intrusive neighbor forum
  • How to deal with intrusive neighbors

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    05-14-2009, 05:24 PM
  #1
Yearling
Intrusive neighbors...

Ok we moved to our new house a year ago. Our neighbors are a little strange (Im sure they think the same of us). They are only 21 and have an almost 3 year old little girl. They are on and off again relationship wise...the wife dissapears every now and then. Anyway...we've tried to be nice...but they show some 21 year old behaviors and are really getting on our nerves. The husband revs up his big exhaust on his truck and 4-wheeler thing and revs up his driveway just to check the mail. The wife has repeatedly run over our grass (in between our driveways...their property ends on their driveway...so we own everything in between) and made big ruts in our grass while it was muddy. Their stupid little Boston Terrier runs loose all the time and barks at our dogs and horses and craps in my perrenial garden. And now the husband decided to clear 15 ft over our property line...so now we can see their house from the whole back of our pasture. I don't want to see their house...I don't want to see them...that's why I moved to the country. We don't want to get legal issues involved because that's so American to sue at the drop of the hat. So now WE have to spend money to build a fence there where they killed all our "security brush" or plant new trees there. UGGH! Ok that's my rant....anyone ever dealt with encroaching neighbors and got them to stop without being rude?
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    05-14-2009, 05:36 PM
  #2
Weanling
Aye, I'm sorry you're having neighbor issues.

Mine is the same, but opposite. I'm 22 and my husband is 23 and our neighbors crap keeps ending up in our yard, they've torn the yard up, and they are loud, obnoxious and annoying. I can't see their house from my house exactly. They're in their late forties.

The "security brush" issue would have irked me the most. I like my privacy, too. So if somebody cut it all down. Man.


Have you talked to them to see if they were aware they cut down all the trees on YOUR property?
     
    05-14-2009, 05:48 PM
  #3
Yearling
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixxofdiamonds    
Aye, I'm sorry you're having neighbor issues.

Mine is the same, but opposite. I'm 22 and my husband is 23 and our neighbors crap keeps ending up in our yard, they've torn the yard up, and they are loud, obnoxious and annoying. I can't see their house from my house exactly. They're in their late forties.

The "security brush" issue would have irked me the most. I like my privacy, too. So if somebody cut it all down. Man.


Have you talked to them to see if they were aware they cut down all the trees on YOUR property?
That's true...I shouldn't have brought in the age issue. You can be irresponsible and rude at any age. Well to his credit the husband said he was going to clear his area. And asked if we minded if he went "a little" over the property line. So we just should have defined "a little." Because to us it meant maybe a foot....not 15-20 feet. My husband is going to go over there again tonight and we are going to give them a copy of our land survey to show them what's theirs. Maybe they just don't know.
     
    05-15-2009, 04:44 PM
  #4
Showing
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotreddun    
Ok we moved to our new house a year ago. Our neighbors are a little strange (Im sure they think the same of us). They are only 21 and have an almost 3 year old little girl. They are on and off again relationship wise...the wife dissapears every now and then. Anyway...we've tried to be nice...but they show some 21 year old behaviors and are really getting on our nerves. The husband revs up his big exhaust on his truck and 4-wheeler thing and revs up his driveway just to check the mail. The wife has repeatedly run over our grass (in between our driveways...their property ends on their driveway...so we own everything in between) and made big ruts in our grass while it was muddy. Their stupid little Boston Terrier runs loose all the time and barks at our dogs and horses and craps in my perrenial garden. And now the husband decided to clear 15 ft over our property line...so now we can see their house from the whole back of our pasture. I don't want to see their house...I don't want to see them...that's why I moved to the country. We don't want to get legal issues involved because that's so American to sue at the drop of the hat. So now WE have to spend money to build a fence there where they killed all our "security brush" or plant new trees there. UGGH! Ok that's my rant....anyone ever dealt with encroaching neighbors and got them to stop without being rude?
I feel sorry for you. We moved a year ago to a new house and it turned out so much better. We never had big issues with our neighbours but I couldn't stand them. They were very nosy people.

I hope things turn out ok for you
     
    05-15-2009, 09:25 PM
  #5
Super Moderator
We live at a rowhouse and as you can know it means housing cooperative and it that we have to decide things together. Well, we have some tricky neigbors here but have to just stand with it...

But good luck to you! Hopefully things will turn out well. Remeber to hold on your rights.
     
    05-15-2009, 10:04 PM
  #6
Started
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotreddun    
Well to his credit the husband said he was going to clear his area. And asked if we minded if he went "a little" over the property line. So we just should have defined "a little." Because to us it meant maybe a foot....not 15-20 feet. My husband is going to go over there again tonight and we are going to give them a copy of our land survey to show them what's theirs. Maybe they just don't know.
Do they own the property? I'd ask them rather nicely when they expect to replace your trees. Alternatively, if OK with you, I'd ask them if they would prefer to pay for the installation of a fence on your property. Sometimes mistakes can be costly.
     
    05-16-2009, 06:15 AM
  #7
Yearling
Does anyone know what 15ft is in meters??
I think if they asked, they did nothing wrong, and it is a missunderstanding, where the fault lies with both parties. Also, why did they clear it?? Could it have been a fire hazzard or other kind of danger (snakes ect).

I also don't think that you should make them pay for a fence just because YOU don't want to see THEM. They have as much right to live there as you do.

Have you tried talking to them about the other issues?? Explain the problems with the dog and the cars and maybe they will be very understanding. But don't just pass them off as troublesome neighbours just because they are young and you don't agree with them.
     
    05-16-2009, 09:53 AM
  #8
Started
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Katie    
Does anyone know what 15ft is in meters??
I think if they asked, they did nothing wrong, and it is a missunderstanding, where the fault lies with both parties. Also, why did they clear it?? Could it have been a fire hazzard or other kind of danger (snakes ect).
That's not a little mistake. That's a big mistake. But I would have told them I didn't want them to clear anything on my land 'cause I'd have expected this type of "mistake" from someone who has already shown that they don't respect boundaries.

15'=4.572 meters

Meters to Feet Conversion Calculator

     
    05-16-2009, 10:01 AM
  #9
Weanling
Hmm, big old "no trespassing" sign might get a point across... not sure it's good for the neighbor relationship though...
     
    05-16-2009, 10:45 AM
  #10
Weanling
Deals like this is why I choose to live in the countyry rather then town and have neighbors.
     

Quick Reply
Please help keep the Horse Forum enjoyable by reporting rude posts.
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ahhh! My horse fell into neighbors pool! maureenb Horse Talk 28 05-28-2009 04:45 PM
neighbor dog attacked other neighbors chicken hotreddun Other Pets 2 10-17-2008 05:00 PM
stupid neighbors, lawsuit, about my dog! *rant* FutureVetGirl General Off Topic Discussion 10 08-23-2008 12:01 PM
Training a neighbors Pony!!! need ADVICE! Brandon Horse Training 25 05-07-2008 11:06 AM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0