Jobs (Side jobs)
   

       The Horse Forum > Life Beyond Horses > General Off Topic Discussion

Jobs (Side jobs)

This is a discussion on Jobs (Side jobs) within the General Off Topic Discussion forums, part of the Life Beyond Horses category
  • Side jobs near me

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    12-10-2010, 03:38 PM
  #1
Banned
Question Jobs (Side jobs)

I'm looking in a way to earn money. I had a job for lawns but the people don't need it anymore.. I got 20 buck every week or so..
I work for my grandparents for like 25 bucks or less once a month.
And you know MONEY and the WORLD is crazy...
I'm in high school so... That lower is to some, I saw a gas store with a help WANTED sign but I don't think they will hire a high schooler, and the hours too.. I go to a private school so the days are different from normal schools.

I don't know where to look...
Advice? Thanks for your time
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    12-10-2010, 03:44 PM
  #2
Trained
Are you over 16?
That is the age you have to be in most of the places I have worked at.
If you are over 16 most retail, fast food, and places like that will work around your schedule.

Otherwise you can look into dog walking, babysitting, mowing lawns, shoveling snow... things of that nature.
     
    12-10-2010, 03:47 PM
  #3
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spastic_Dove    
Are you over 16?
That is the age you have to be in most of the places I have worked at.
If you are over 16 most retail, fast food, and places like that will work around your schedule.

Otherwise you can look into dog walking, babysitting, mowing lawns, shoveling snow... things of that nature.
Sorry but the snow put made me laugh.. Not being rude but, it's like 65*F here.

I would baby sit my because but it's family so... (long story) I might get paid less they I asked for.

I would mow lawns but the people near me don't need anymore, I used to but they don't it..
     
    12-10-2010, 04:51 PM
  #4
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spastic_Dove    
Otherwise you can look into dog walking, babysitting, mowing lawns, shoveling snow... things of that nature.
I'd add cleaning for the elderly folks on the list.
     
    12-10-2010, 04:58 PM
  #5
Trained
Yep, cleaning could work. Or just advertising for odd jobs.
     
    12-10-2010, 04:59 PM
  #6
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spastic_Dove    
Yep, cleaning could work. Or just advertising for odd jobs.
Yeah, I looking for places to clean..
     
    12-10-2010, 05:02 PM
  #7
Trained
See if it would be okay with your parents and maybe hang up some flyers at the grocers, flea markets, etc.
     
    12-10-2010, 05:06 PM
  #8
Trained
Is there a training barn near you? You might be able to pick stalls on your days off or help feed or something like that. I have a high school girl who came to help me out when I injured my foot. I'm better but I like her so much I've just kept her on. She picks stalls, feeds, changes bedding, occassionally grooms for me, just general horsey stuff.
     
    12-10-2010, 05:17 PM
  #9
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher Arabians    
Is there a training barn near you? You might be able to pick stalls on your days off or help feed or something like that. I have a high school girl who came to help me out when I injured my foot. I'm better but I like her so much I've just kept her on. She picks stalls, feeds, changes bedding, occassionally grooms for me, just general horsey stuff.
I would like to do that. But not a lot of people has stall they just keep their horses in a pasture.
OH the weekends I'm cleaning out my barn for a tack room and the loof and building 3 stalls....
     

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Switch jobs? Amba1027 General Off Topic Discussion 7 03-28-2010 02:18 PM
Jobs.... >.< Wallaby General Off Topic Discussion 10 10-11-2009 08:22 PM
Horsey jobs SqueakersmyRomeo Horse Talk 9 06-02-2009 09:08 PM
Jobs Megs05 Horse Talk 1 12-03-2008 12:22 AM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0