Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Alberta, Canada
• Horses: 0
Living in Saskatchewan?
So, Rich (the db) is working in Saskatchewan right now, outside of Regina.
He's enjoying the solitude of being in the country, and just posed the question to me - "why don't we think about buying a place out here?'
I said - "well only if it's an acreage in the country with room for a few horses and a dog for myself"
He replied, "Of course!"
So of course I had to ask "are you being serious?"
He replied, "Yes, of course I am."
I'm a little shocked.
Of course we need to talk more between us.
My train of thought so far:
- Keeping a few horses at home would be work, but it would be awesome and a fraction of the cost I'm paying to keep one.
- The cost of living in Saskatchewan is a fraction of what it is here
- We could buy a bit of a "fixer upper" because Rich is a really good carpenter
- There are ticks there. I do not do well with ticks.
- I would be able to fulfill my dream of having my own barn ish thingy.
- I would be moving away from some really awesome friends
- I would be moving away from my mountains.
I would really like to hear from Saskatchewanites... how do you like living there?
The lovely images above provided by CVLC Photography cvlphotography.com