So, Rich (the db) is working in Saskatchewan right now, outside of Regina.
He's enjoying the solitude of being in the country, and just posed the question to me - "why don't we think about buying a place out here?'
I said - "well only if it's an acreage in the country with room for a few horses and a dog for myself"
He replied, "Of course!"
So of course I had to ask "are you being serious?"
He replied, "Yes, of course I am."
I'm a little shocked.
Of course we need to talk more between us.
My train of thought so far:
- Keeping a few horses at home would be work, but it would be awesome and a fraction of the cost I'm paying to keep one.
- The cost of living in Saskatchewan is a fraction of what it is here
- We could buy a bit of a "fixer upper" because Rich is a really good carpenter
- There are ticks there. I do not do well with ticks.
- I would be able to fulfill my dream of having my own barn ish thingy.
- I would be moving away from some really awesome friends
- I would be moving away from my mountains.
I would really like to hear from Saskatchewanites... how do you like living there?