Might not be around much (graphic pic warning)..... - Page 10
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Life Beyond Horses > General Off Topic Discussion

Might not be around much (graphic pic warning).....

This is a discussion on Might not be around much (graphic pic warning)..... within the General Off Topic Discussion forums, part of the Life Beyond Horses category

    Like Tree52Likes

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        12-23-2012, 12:27 PM
      #91
    QOS
    Green Broke
    We made it ok and I am praying for you to make it out ok too! Hope that hip starts healing itself. I know you have a tough row to hoe, but keep positive and I will keep praying for you.

    I hope you have a Merry Christmas. Jesus is keeping you around for a reason and I hope all of His blessings are upon you this season. Hugs to you and yours.
    nvr2many likes this.
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        01-21-2013, 03:46 PM
      #92
    Trained
    Well, I had my check up appointment with my surgeon today.
    Atm is healed (healed crooked and I have a bump but... that's ok) and I'm out of that gnarly smelling cast! Finally!!
    There was progress with my hip fracture. Still can't walk completely on it but I can begin to bear some weight with crutches, or my awful granny walker (so long, sucker!!).
    He did reinforce the "Don't push it, it's a nasty break" a few times.
    For excerise - water activites and biking.
    Me: Horses?
    Him: *Insert the 'Don't be an idiot look'* No.
    Least six more weeks.

    But... At least it is an improvement.
         
        01-21-2013, 03:59 PM
      #93
    QOS
    Green Broke
    That is all good news except the no riding horses, of course! Take it easy, build yourself back up and then ride like the wind.

    I am having health issues myself and have been busted down to a freaking walk on Biscuit. I hate that but at least I can ride (and no one but my cousin Kellie saw me to a tiny bit of trotting yesterday ) I go to my neurosurgeon Wednesday - I hope for a good report!
    WSArabians likes this.
         
        01-21-2013, 04:15 PM
      #94
    Green Broke
    Well, that is encouraging news-healing is progresssing, you're home & have exercises to do to make you stronger. Work w/the doc's plans, & hope for improvement & strength. We're praying for you & want to hear that you are back in the saddle at some point. It's hard, but please, be patient. The year is young.
    WSArabians likes this.
         
        01-21-2013, 08:02 PM
      #95
    Green Broke
    Hope you are healing better. My hubby just showed me this post. I had a fx hip before and they placed a zickle screw in it, well the screw came out, so I was on crutches almost a year. It really sucks, and I am off balance when I ride. That is hard to recover from.
         
        01-22-2013, 02:05 AM
      #96
    Green Broke
    Smile

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by WSArabians    
    Well, I had my check up appointment with my surgeon today.
    Atm is healed (healed crooked and I have a bump but... that's ok) and I'm out of that gnarly smelling cast! Finally!!
    There was progress with my hip fracture. Still can't walk completely on it but I can begin to bear some weight with crutches, or my awful granny walker (so long, sucker!!).
    He did reinforce the "Don't push it, it's a nasty break" a few times.
    For excerise - water activites and biking.
    Me: Horses?
    Him: *Insert the 'Don't be an idiot look'* No.
    Least six more weeks.

    But... At least it is an improvement.
    I know what you mean about the granny walker, I had to use one when I broke my ankle almost 2 years ago. Good luck with your recovery!!
         
        01-22-2013, 10:55 AM
      #97
    Trained
    I would almost pay to see you ride a bike...but then you might rebreak your hip.
    WSArabians likes this.
         
        01-22-2013, 06:28 PM
      #98
    Trained
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by FGRanch    
    I would almost pay to see you ride a bike...but then you might rebreak your hip.


    I could probably ride a bike safer then you could use my walker.

         
        01-22-2013, 06:31 PM
      #99
    Trained
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cacowgirl    
    Well, that is encouraging news-healing is progresssing, you're home & have exercises to do to make you stronger. Work w/the doc's plans, & hope for improvement & strength. We're praying for you & want to hear that you are back in the saddle at some point. It's hard, but please, be patient. The year is young.
    I've always been an IMpatient person. Now I'm home alone for a bit and I wonder... will they notice of I go for a quick ride?!
    But... I'd rather wait another six weeks (fingers crossed that is the END of it) then have to get a hip replacement and go through another surgery and another four months of waiting.
    Just sucks, is all! So I'm looking for things to occupy my mind... LOL
         
        01-22-2013, 06:34 PM
      #100
    Trained
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by QOS    
    That is all good news except the no riding horses, of course! Take it easy, build yourself back up and then ride like the wind.

    I am having health issues myself and have been busted down to a freaking walk on Biscuit. I hate that but at least I can ride (and no one but my cousin Kellie saw me to a tiny bit of trotting yesterday ) I go to my neurosurgeon Wednesday - I hope for a good report!
    I should have stole the little horse I bought for my nephew a few years ago. Sat on it and pretended I was riding!
    You, you'll have to go to a mall that has one of those horses that move around for kids - that's as fast as you get to go!
    I'll be crossing my fingers for a good report for you, too!
         

    Quick Reply
    Please help keep the Horse Forum enjoyable by reporting rude posts.
    Message:
    Options

    Register Now

    In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

    Already have a Horse Forum account?
    Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

    New to the Horse Forum?
    Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.

    User Name:
    Password
    Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
    Password:
    Confirm Password:
    Email Address
    Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
    Email Address:

    Log-in

    Human Verification

    In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


    Old Thread Warning
    This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    What I got to the barn to see :( (Warning: Graphic) evilamc Horse Health 27 06-06-2012 05:11 PM
    *WARNING* Not for the light of heart *WARNING* Graphic - Abuse at Conklin Dairy Farm JustDressageIt General Off Topic Discussion 88 12-08-2010 05:22 PM
    Conga (warning: graphic) Emma7442 General Off Topic Discussion 7 06-30-2008 09:31 PM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:37 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0