Obama administration won't seek deportation of young illegal immigrants - Page 3
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Life Beyond Horses > General Off Topic Discussion

Obama administration won't seek deportation of young illegal immigrants

This is a discussion on Obama administration won't seek deportation of young illegal immigrants within the General Off Topic Discussion forums, part of the Life Beyond Horses category
  • If illegal kids get to stay what about their parents do they get deported
  • Powered by vBulletin military kids

Like Tree322Likes

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    06-15-2012, 10:11 PM
  #21
Super Moderator
There will be a relatively limited number of persons taking advantage of this "temporary" relief from the risk of deporations. This ruling applies only to persons who are already here. It will not benefit, thus encourage, new illegal immigrants.

They must be under the age of 30, have at least 5 years of "documented" residence in the US, have NO criminal record, be in or graduated from high school or college, and /or be in / or have reached discharge from the military (served honorably) . This does not allow them to gaurantee their parents right to legal residencs, tho. It only gives them temporary freedom from being deported. This is not a huge group of persons, but it is the group that have the most to contribute to the US, and have the hope to become productive citizens . . Eventually.
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    06-15-2012, 10:13 PM
  #22
Showing
Actually, I have to say there is one exception to what I said. I was talking about those who came illegally or with the purpose to stay here illegally. However there are people with kids who came legally, stayed legally, and it took too long to get a status (so kids became older than the legal age to get status as well). Such kids indeed should be considered differently IMO.
     
    06-15-2012, 10:17 PM
  #23
Showing
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyliny    
They must be under the age of 30, have at least 5 years of "documented" residence in the US, have NO criminal record, be in or graduated from high school or college, and /or be in / or have reached discharge from the military (served honorably) . This does not allow them to gaurantee their parents right to legal residencs, tho. It only gives them temporary freedom from being deported. This is not a huge group of persons, but it is the group that have the most to contribute to the US, and have the hope to become productive citizens . . Eventually.
tiny, are you saying most illegal people under 30 are dumb and/or criminal? I truly hope it's not a case. BTW, how can you even get into military if you are illegal?
     
    06-15-2012, 10:21 PM
  #24
Trained
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Lee    
Wow!!!
You are all immigrants, right?
No more than all current day UK citizens are Anglo-Saxon and Roman invaders, or all Native Americans just arrived from Asia. But, since you feel this way...perhaps we can send them all over to the UK? That would solve everything, really. No papers needed...just ship 'em on over. Last I checked, the "we are all immigrants" UK kind of wants to see people's passport at entry.

And, ACTUALLY, the US has nearly always had "legal entry" process of some sort in place.
themacpack likes this.
     
    06-15-2012, 10:35 PM
  #25
Trained
Te US army has willingly overlooked the citizenship of its recruits.
Which by the way you do not have to be a US citizen to be.
Because of my friendship with several recent immigrants I do know that the US Army does recruit heavily in the hispanic community and your citizenship can be attained by joining the army. Much faster than the regular way.
The casualty list from the recent wars is full of hispanic surnames.
I do know a lawyer that works for the INS in Dallas. If you have the time and the money it is not impossible to become a citizen of the USA.
Immigrants made this country and are vital to the success and growth we need in the next few decades.
In fact the immigrants do pay taxes and social security benefits which they will never receive as well as unemployment. Shalom
     
    06-15-2012, 10:41 PM
  #26
Trained
I would just like to take this opportunity to point out that if you live in Mexico, but are not a citizen - you are not allowed to work - and you certianly can't vote. AND, Mexico has far, far, far more resouces per land mass than the US. It is NOT a poor country. China isn't a poor country, either...but nearly all of its citizens lived in poverty BEFORE the government made a few changes after Tung dropped and some of IT'S own citizens stared down tanks.

Do you think the money these people make stays in the US??? One of Mexico's TOP sources of income is - cash flow from illegal immigrants coming back home.

If anyone thinks they should have a chance at a better life...then adopt a family or two of them in perpetuity, let your children take care of their children, etc.,...and leave our freedoms alone.
     
    06-15-2012, 10:47 PM
  #27
Trained
Missy May during the 1930's thousands of Jewish people were turned away because the qouta for Jews had been filled.
A ship full of refugees from Nazi Germany was refused port and its passengers returned to face certain death.
The immigration policies of the USA are not now nor have they been fair and impartial,
With the current levels of poverty in Mexico and Central america people who are desperate to feed not only themselves but their families will continue to come here.
The journey is not easy and it is very expensive.
The Coyotes as they are called are paid thousands of dollars to guide you across the border. Shalom
     
    06-15-2012, 10:54 PM
  #28
Trained
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarabians    
Te US army has willingly overlooked the citizenship of its recruits.
Which by the way you do not have to be a US citizen to be.
Because of my friendship with several recent immigrants I do know that the US Army does recruit heavily in the hispanic community and your citizenship can be attained by joining the army. Much faster than the regular way.
The casualty list from the recent wars is full of hispanic surnames.
I do know a lawyer that works for the INS in Dallas. If you have the time and the money it is not impossible to become a citizen of the USA.
Immigrants made this country and are vital to the success and growth we need in the next few decades.
In fact the immigrants do pay taxes and social security benefits which they will never receive as well as unemployment. Shalom
While wars made this country...starting w the revolution, I do NOT think killing in war time justifies murder. The former is "legal", the later is not.

The concern is ILLEGAL immigrants, not legal. And a LOT of illegals take advantage of hundreds of billions of dollars worth of medical, schools, food, prisons, etc.,. And, many do not pay taxes - I am sure you are aware of that.

And, actually, one has been able to gain citizenship by joining the military for a long time. And, I think we can see the flipside of that policy in a few muslim incidents.

Which federal offense can I get a "pass" for, ya think? I really like that "equal treatment" part of the constitution...and I ain't feeling it.
SouthernTrails likes this.
     
    06-15-2012, 10:57 PM
  #29
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy May    
No more than all current day UK citizens are Anglo-Saxon and Roman invaders, or all Native Americans just arrived from Asia. But, since you feel this way...perhaps we can send them all over to the UK? That would solve everything, really. No papers needed...just ship 'em on over. Last I checked, the "we are all immigrants" UK kind of wants to see people's passport at entry.

And, ACTUALLY, the US has nearly always had "legal entry" process of some sort in place.
Ha ha how funny I was going to point out I'm Italian, French, German, Scandinavian, yes we are probably one of the most *******ised nationalities. Your point? Passport on entry, sorry why not? No don't ship "them" all over here, it's for every nation to take a responsible role. You people wonder why you get a bad name? Up it muppet!
     
    06-15-2012, 10:59 PM
  #30
Trained
I just don't get why we have a house, senate, elect all those representatives, and have three branches for the sole purpose of checks and balances, when a single ego-maniac can just trump the entire system and dictate how it's going to be so he can appeal to a demographic group in an election year? Why the frig do we need a democracy when this crap can happen regardless of it??? I don't fall on either side of the political fence, but this clown needs to go.
     

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Getting a horse to seek bit contact TimWhit91 Horse Training 6 05-06-2012 07:20 PM
MD governor signs a bill for tuition for illegal immigrants kitten_Val General Off Topic Discussion 5 05-11-2011 03:25 PM
Is it illegal to take a horse to a public beach? MarleyandEllie Horse Law 7 02-07-2011 01:17 PM
Hide'n'Seek Pinto Pony Horse Videos 7 11-29-2009 08:48 AM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0