Opinions on Nose Piercings - Page 2 - The Horse Forum

 21Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 69 Old 05-10-2012, 04:09 PM
Trained
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Orange County, NC
Posts: 6,179
• Horses: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten_Val View Post
I worked in several places and noone had piercing in nose (or any other part of the head besides traditional ones in ears). In at least one company wearing one was against the policy. I agree with it, because IMHO it looks unprofessional.
Just FYI....in the US, employers are allowed to enforce dress codes as long as they don't violate the sexual, religious, and racial discrimination laws. In my 35 years in business, none have permitted visible piercings (or tattoos) in the workplace.

On the sixth day, God created the Quarter Horse.
On the seventh day, he Painted the good ones.
PaintHorseMares is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 69 Old 05-10-2012, 05:01 PM
Weanling
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 497
• Horses: 1
Ah, piercings and tattoos. I've had several piercings. I have a tattoo and it won't be the last.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Liz View Post
First off being I don't want to get a job in the future with a hole in my nose because that doesn't look professional and if I'm right the hole doesn't close up.
It depends on how long you've had it. I had a nose piercing and loved it. Then I joined the military and it had to be removed. But it did close up despite the fact I had it in for over a year. There is no scar there. Unless you saw a picture of me, you would have never known there was a piercing there.

And even if it didn't close up, when I took the piercing out the hole was not noticeable unless you were right up on my face. But because of the location, if you decided you didn't want it anymore all you have to do it take is out. It should heal after a while.

As far as professionalism, it depends on your particular job and location. As it is everywhere in the world some locations are more open to different things. Where I'm from it's honestly not that abnormal to see a female with a nostril piercing. It's not abnormal to see visible tattoos. Heck, my dogs' Vet has them! As long as someone doesn't have a face full of metal or vulgar tattoos I personally don't find it unprofessional. It's their form of expression and I can give a hoot about it as long as they do their job good.

But to each their own.
Houston is offline  
post #13 of 69 Old 05-10-2012, 07:35 PM Thread Starter
Foal
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: North Carolina, United States
Posts: 178
• Horses: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston View Post
It depends on how long you've had it. I had a nose piercing and loved it. Then I joined the military and it had to be removed. But it did close up despite the fact I had it in for over a year. There is no scar there. Unless you saw a picture of me, you would have never known there was a piercing there.
That's nice to know because I have been thinking well what if I like it right now but then have a change in what I like.

"In training we must be encouraged to first establish the principles and only then to tackle the details." Dr. Reiner Klimke
Mary Liz is offline  
post #14 of 69 Old 05-10-2012, 07:36 PM
Showing
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 13,588
• Horses: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten_Val View Post
I worked in several places and noone had piercing in nose (or any other part of the head besides traditional ones in ears). In at least one company wearing one was against the policy. I agree with it, because IMHO it looks unprofessional.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearkiller View Post
I work for a fortune 500 company and my previous employer was also a fortune 500 company. Both companies have policies against facial piercings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaintHorseMares View Post
Just FYI....in the US, employers are allowed to enforce dress codes as long as they don't violate the sexual, religious, and racial discrimination laws. In my 35 years in business, none have permitted visible piercings (or tattoos) in the workplace.
Exactly....

You do not see too many Lawyers, Doctors, Pharmacists, Bankers, Executives or even highly paid Secretaries, Assistants, etc. with visible Tattoos and Piercings.
But if your life's ambition is to work at McDonalds, Walmart or a Convenience store, then that is someones choice.

No offense, just my opinion, but I have met too many beautiful women that ruined their Natural Beauty with Nose Rings, Tats and Studs in the Lips or Eyebrows.



.

May all your Trails be happy and safe ones

Kevin

Last edited by SouthernTrails; 05-10-2012 at 07:40 PM.
SouthernTrails is offline  
post #15 of 69 Old 05-10-2012, 07:40 PM
Showing
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 11,869
• Horses: 0
I think small ones are cute. If I was younger, I'd get one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
Now, if you go all crazy and wind up looking like you fell face first into a tackle box, that's a different story.....
That's the funniest thing I've read today! I did go fishing this afternoon, glad I didn't nose dive into my tackle box.

Life is like a camera. Focus on what's important, Capture the good times, Develop from the negatives and if things don't work out, Take another shot.
MHFoundation Quarters is offline  
post #16 of 69 Old 05-10-2012, 08:22 PM Thread Starter
Foal
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: North Carolina, United States
Posts: 178
• Horses: 2
Dear people who comment on this post it urks my nerves in a HUGE way when people post about working at Mc. Donalds, Walmart, ect.. Post anything but can you please refrain from mentioning those types of jobs or careers in future posts. I'm (I don't have but 1 set of piercings in the lower part of my ear 1 hole in each) way smarter and many people are that want or have piercings are. That is degrading. Sorry but that is a way to get on my bad side and I don't mean to come off as rude but that is not something I like to see said or typed period. I want to get opinions on peoples views on this and I like everyone's views but please refrain in the future.

"In training we must be encouraged to first establish the principles and only then to tackle the details." Dr. Reiner Klimke
Mary Liz is offline  
post #17 of 69 Old 05-10-2012, 09:04 PM
Showing
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 13,588
• Horses: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Liz View Post
Dear people who comment on this post it urks my nerves in a HUGE way when people post about working at Mc. Donalds, Walmart, ect.. Post anything but can you please refrain from mentioning those types of jobs or careers in future posts. I'm (I don't have but 1 set of piercings in the lower part of my ear 1 hole in each) way smarter and many people are that want or have piercings are. That is degrading. Sorry but that is a way to get on my bad side and I don't mean to come off as rude but that is not something I like to see said or typed period. I want to get opinions on peoples views on this and I like everyone's views but please refrain in the future.
Mary,

My post was directed at you, I was agreeing with 3 previous posters about looking Professional in Fortune 500 companies and how many Higher paying jobs frown on Nose Rings, Tats and other items.

My analogy was one in which was a comparison of High Paying Jobs and Low Paying Jobs....

When someone asks for opinions on Nose Rings, they should realized everyone's opinions may not match theirs and take constructive criticism like an adult.


.

May all your Trails be happy and safe ones

Kevin
SouthernTrails is offline  
post #18 of 69 Old 05-10-2012, 09:18 PM
Showing
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 13,588
• Horses: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernTrailsGA View Post
Mary,

My post was NOT directed at you, I was agreeing with 3 previous posters about looking Professional in Fortune 500 companies and how many Higher paying jobs frown on Nose Rings, Tats and other items.

My analogy was one in which was a comparison of High Paying Jobs and Low Paying Jobs....

When someone asks for opinions on Nose Rings, they should realized everyone's opinions may not match theirs and take constructive criticism like an adult.


.
Typo added the word not .... sorry

May all your Trails be happy and safe ones

Kevin
SouthernTrails is offline  
post #19 of 69 Old 05-10-2012, 09:26 PM Thread Starter
Foal
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: North Carolina, United States
Posts: 178
• Horses: 2
I do take constructive criticism and have been because of the previous posts I can see everyone's points here. That analogy I don't like because I have had that thrown at me before for no reason at all except the woman didn't like me apparently so I dislike that analogy greatly. I'm also concerned of being professional in professional jobs. I'm not mad at all and I see everyone's point and if I got a professional job in the future I would take it out or hide it to the best of my ability "if" I ever get it to begin with. We all have our differences and I'm weird because that is just one of my idiosyncrasies. Don't mean to offend you and I see your point.

"In training we must be encouraged to first establish the principles and only then to tackle the details." Dr. Reiner Klimke
Mary Liz is offline  
post #20 of 69 Old 05-10-2012, 09:29 PM
Showing
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 13,588
• Horses: 2
.

No offense taken



.
Mary Liz likes this.

May all your Trails be happy and safe ones

Kevin
SouthernTrails is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.



User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
piercings bigbull General Off Topic Discussion 21 01-13-2011 04:29 PM
Nose piercings and riding... eventerdrew General Off Topic Discussion 34 09-18-2010 03:04 PM
Nose piecings and lip piercings. Gingerrrrr General Off Topic Discussion 22 04-28-2008 09:11 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome