parenting advice - Page 4
   

       The Horse Forum > Life Beyond Horses > General Off Topic Discussion

parenting advice

This is a discussion on parenting advice within the General Off Topic Discussion forums, part of the Life Beyond Horses category

    Like Tree7Likes

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        03-19-2012, 10:33 PM
      #31
    Foal
    Thank you all for the advise and kind words too. I try really hard to make sure she's taken care of and brought up with good values. Other than not bein home as much as I wanted to there for a while when I was working so late, i've done ok filling the "dad" role. But I wish she had a mother
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        03-19-2012, 11:16 PM
      #32
    Trained
    Sounds like you are doing an EXCELLENT job!
    My BIL is raising his son alone, not quite the same but I see how hard it is to play mom and dad and get things done right. There are quite a few EXCELLENT moms on here and we'll help you out any time you need it!
         
        03-19-2012, 11:34 PM
      #33
    Trained
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ls6firebird    
    yea you can set it to where it wont go over a certain speed. The car will still have all the power it did before, just wont go over whatever speed you set. She wont need to go over 65-70. At that speed, accelerating to avoid somethin wont really be an option with a car like these. A v6 in a heavy car will not gain any speed over 65 fast enough to avoid anything anyway.

    Its amazing what you can do with tuning a car. I got a tuning software program for my computer, so I can plug my laptop into the port below the dash on the driver side. I got it to tune my firebird, and ended up tuning several hot rods around here
    That is interesting to know. I still say no gov for me, though! Besides, 75 is the speed limit (here, anyway), someone might run ya over! :)

    I can just invision me doing this...peck peck on the old laptop, and then.... everything including the seats would start smoking or something!
         
        03-19-2012, 11:37 PM
      #34
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by FlyGap    
    Sounds like you are doing an EXCELLENT job!
    My BIL is raising his son alone, not quite the same but I see how hard it is to play mom and dad and get things done right. There are quite a few EXCELLENT moms on here and we'll help you out any time you need it!
    thank you. I can tell just from this thread that theres some great parents here. Im 24, so most people in my age group don't have kids, and the ones that do, havent reached this stage. So its easy for everyone I talk to to just point out what they disagree with, but they can't give a constructive answer when I ask how they would do it.

    I shattered my toot and ankle at work a few years ago. I had 5 surgeries, but the doc couldnt fix it. I had my leg amputated below the knee a little over two weeks ago. Over the last few years, so many people have told me I have no business raising a child. As hard as that is to hear, it has been motivation for me to do what I need to do. I know that has put a lot more on her that someone her age should have, so that makes a lot of the judgement hard to hear. At the same time, I have to realize that some of taht is people looking out for her too, so I appreciate that part of it
         
        03-19-2012, 11:38 PM
      #35
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Missy May    
    That is interesting to know. I still say no gov for me, though! Besides, 75 is the speed limit (here, anyway), someone might run ya over! :)

    I can just invision me doing this...peck peck on the old laptop, and then.... everything including the seats would start smoking or something!
    lol things move fairly slow here.

    Haha nice!
         
        03-20-2012, 01:01 AM
      #36
    Foal
    Just in case anyone is concerned, I have an uncle who we are close with that keeps an eye on everything making sure the living situation isn't having a negative impact on my sister in any way
         
        03-20-2012, 07:45 AM
      #37
    Trained
    I think you're doing a great thing.
    VT Trail Trotters likes this.
         
        03-20-2012, 11:51 PM
      #38
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kevinshorses    
    I think you're doing a great thing.
    thank you!
         
        03-22-2012, 12:02 AM
      #39
    Foal
    Respects to you for taking such good care of your sis - she's lucky to have a brother like you. Our oldest son (14) has incredible values similar to what yours appear to be - he helps us take care of his younger siblings, who are both autistic. A very caring and remarkable person - and a good man at a young age.

    You seem to have thought it through, so I'd say trust your judgment and do what you think is best for her.
         
        03-22-2012, 12:15 AM
      #40
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hickory67    
    Respects to you for taking such good care of your sis - she's lucky to have a brother like you. Our oldest son (14) has incredible values similar to what yours appear to be - he helps us take care of his younger siblings, who are both autistic. A very caring and remarkable person - and a good man at a young age.

    You seem to have thought it through, so I'd say trust your judgment and do what you think is best for her.
    thanks! Your son sounds like a great kid. Sometimes its amazing what kids can do on their own when they arent forced.
         

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Need Advice To Give Advice browneyedcowgirl13 Horse Training 10 06-06-2008 12:20 AM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:06 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0