People are funny.. - Page 3
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Life Beyond Horses > General Off Topic Discussion

People are funny..

This is a discussion on People are funny.. within the General Off Topic Discussion forums, part of the Life Beyond Horses category

    Like Tree17Likes

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        05-29-2012, 09:48 AM
      #21
    Started
    I find facebook fantastic for keeping in touch with my friends back in Canada. For the longest time I didn't let anybody in Ireland know I had facebook as I kept is specifically for people back home.. but then my husband's cousin asked to add me :( I would have offended him if I had turned him down, and once I accepted him, the rest of them all ended up on it is as well.

    I have my settings set that only certain people can see my page. People I'm not fond of, or THAT friendly with.. whom I don't want to offend by deleting as I see them regularly, are have limited access to my page. You can also switch off what updates you receive from people so that you don't have to see the rude remarks.. that is what I did when I was on the receieving end. :)
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        05-29-2012, 09:56 AM
      #22
    Showing
    Well that's good to know, Maple, thanks :)

    I definitely have 'unsubscribed' from a bunch of people and hidden stories but I didn't know you could limit what people saw.. very cool!
         
        05-31-2012, 09:17 AM
      #23
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Skyseternalangel    
    Well that's good to know, Maple, thanks :)

    I definitely have 'unsubscribed' from a bunch of people and hidden stories but I didn't know you could limit what people saw.. very cool!
    Oh I made a big mistake once on FB. I thought I was having a private conversation but it turns out I was writing all over the other persons wall. I really don't quite know how that happened.
    Anyway I got a phone call from a mate telling me to delete, delete... I think I did it just in time because there was no comeback. Phew!!!! In truth I wasn't being mean about anyone, in fact it was quite the opposite really, perhaps being over enthusiastic about people. Well no harm was done but I learnt a valuable lesson about FB.
         
        05-31-2012, 09:18 AM
      #24
    Showing
    Yeah it has gotten a little too easy to tick people off lately. I'm seriously a nice person, but apparently if I think Peter Pan isn't worth watching.. super "flame fest"
         
        05-31-2012, 09:35 AM
      #25
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Skyseternalangel    
    Yeah it has gotten a little too easy to tick people off lately. I'm seriously a nice person, but apparently if I think Peter Pan isn't worth watching.. super "flame fest"
    Perhaps you're just taking things too seriously! I think a lot of people on forums just vent, my attitude is to let them. You retaliate and they'll come back with something else, then you're in that strange situation where you don't want it to look like you've been beaten, but you're also starting to look stupid yourself. We've all been there!

    Another problem with a forum like this is that it's full of nationalities, and different cultures. What might been seen as just a joke in the UK could easily cause offence to those less enlightened . That's me trying to be humorous but also illustrating my point.
         
        05-31-2012, 09:38 AM
      #26
    Showing
    You know I lived in the UK for 12 years :P I'm used to their humor

    It's actually my British mates that are getting really ticked off with me over nothing. But eh.. life is only so long!
         
        05-31-2012, 09:45 AM
      #27
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Skyseternalangel    
    You know I lived in the UK for 12 years :P I'm used to their humor

    It's actually my British mates that are getting really ticked off with me over nothing. But eh.. life is only so long!
    Sky, it's all me me me with you
    I was merely pointing out that different cultures and nationalities can clash. And if I'm honest kiwis and Brits aren't so different. I got two of em as cousins.
         
        05-31-2012, 09:46 AM
      #28
    Banned
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Skyseternalangel    
    Isn't it funny when you disagree with someone and suddenly they turn hostile on you?

    I just had to vent, before I went and got myself into trouble. Too tempting..
    LOL Sky!!! I know what you mean.
    It takes alot of strength to not lower yourself to their level.
    I laugh at those who like to imply stuff and call people names so it makes themselves feel emotionally better. If you do the same back, then you are just as bad as them.
    Skyseternalangel likes this.
         
        05-31-2012, 10:00 AM
      #29
    Showing
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bobby Lee    
    Sky, it's all me me me with you

    What do you mean?


    ........This is my vent thread after all
         
        05-31-2012, 04:49 PM
      #30
    Started
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bobby Lee    
    Oh I made a big mistake once on FB. I thought I was having a private conversation but it turns out I was writing all over the other persons wall. I really don't quite know how that happened.
    Anyway I got a phone call from a mate telling me to delete, delete... I think I did it just in time because there was no comeback. Phew!!!! In truth I wasn't being mean about anyone, in fact it was quite the opposite really, perhaps being over enthusiastic about people. Well no harm was done but I learnt a valuable lesson about FB.
    What annoys me about FB, is when you are part of a "group" what you say on it is broadcast to all of your friends I'm part of a "Canadians living in Ireland" group and made the mistake of asking for advice regarding kids citizenship and moving over... it was only when I was noseying on my hubbys (he knows btw!) at something that I realised it showed up on his feed. Can't figure out how to stop it and now hesitant to post anymore.
         

    Quick Reply
    Please help keep the Horse Forum enjoyable by reporting rude posts.
    Message:
    Options

    Register Now

    In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

    Already have a Horse Forum account?
    Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

    New to the Horse Forum?
    Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.

    User Name:
    Password
    Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
    Password:
    Confirm Password:
    Email Address
    Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
    Email Address:

    Log-in

    Human Verification

    In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


    Old Thread Warning
    This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Funny - or not so funny week with Chili Chele11 Horse Talk 11 03-23-2011 12:42 PM
    A Unique Amazing Funny Contest - Enter your FUNNY Pet Pics! MustangBlue Horse Contests 38 02-03-2011 03:08 AM
    Rescue people // transport people?? Johnswife Other Pets 4 12-31-2008 10:09 AM
    Funny things people have said.... SonnyWimps Horse Talk 5 05-06-2008 03:32 PM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:52 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0