Possibly Applying to College...but...
So ever since I was a little girl, I've always wanted to be a veterinarian. And now that I graduated two years ago, I want to go to college. I promised my family I would take a year or two off and then apply to a few colleges. Well in North Dakota, there are two universities, that I know of, that offer the Veterinary Technician course. Dickinson State University and North Dakota State University in Fargo. Well no offense to the people on here from Fargo, but I just don't like Fargo. It's too big!
So I was thinking about applying to Dickinson SU, which is 240 miles away, so in other words, I would have to move. I have been thinking about this for quite some time and have mentioned it to my boyfriend recently, as in today, and he freaked out. He got mad and said that if I was going to leave him, I should just do it soon because he didn't want to live with me if I was going to leave him. Wtf. Really?
We've been together for almost 3 years now and he has known of my career choice. There is no question about what I want to do, I'm going to do it sooner or later.
I have looked at apartments down there and also houses to buy. He's not keen on the idea because we have a house here and also a few other loans we are paying for. Which I understand his concern. But he also does not want to leave this town because most of our immediate family is located within 50 miles of us. But in my opinion, you can't always be close to your family, you will have to leave them sooner or later.
He would also have a possible job waiting for him in he decide to move there, his step-mom's cousin's husband is the head of one of the oil rig places down there and has offered him a job many many times. He is just reluctant to take it.
Which again, I do understand. The cost of moving is expensive and real estate is way more expensive down there than it is here. But how am I ever going to get on my career chosen path, if I can't move to start it? I just need some advice!!