REALLY bad jobs...
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Life Beyond Horses > General Off Topic Discussion

REALLY bad jobs...

This is a discussion on REALLY bad jobs... within the General Off Topic Discussion forums, part of the Life Beyond Horses category
  • Dunkin donuts horrible workplace
  • Topic very bad profession

Like Tree15Likes

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    12-26-2011, 10:36 PM
  #1
Weanling
REALLY bad jobs...

I just got back from work, and today was the straw that broke the camels back. I'm in a really bad work enviroment, I'll post more when I can say more. I'm sad because I quit a job I really liked and went to this one because they promised more hours.

I'm pretty bummed though, so anybody feel like sharing their storys of really bad jobs/workplaces?
Posted via Mobile Device
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    12-26-2011, 11:39 PM
  #2
Weanling
Subbing to come back to later when I'm not exaughsted after a 12 hr work day (ugh!!) but I just wanna say I'm sorry you're unhappy & I entirely get it. Just remember to do what's best for you & that you're worth much more than to be treated badly.
Posted via Mobile Device
     
    12-26-2011, 11:46 PM
  #3
Green Broke
Nothing worse than a crappy job...that is where you spend most of your waking hours unfortunately!
When I am not on my phone and can type efficiently...I would love to share about my experience in a bullet factory...lol
     
    12-27-2011, 02:55 PM
  #4
Weanling
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKButtermilk    
Subbing to come back to later when I'm not exaughsted after a 12 hr work day (ugh!!) but I just wanna say I'm sorry you're unhappy & I entirely get it. Just remember to do what's best for you & that you're worth much more than to be treated badly.
Posted via Mobile Device
Thank you for that! I feel awful complaining about a job, because I realize how lucky I am to have one, but this one's getting ridiculous. I WISH I could quit, but first I have to get another job lined up (and trust me I'm applying EVERYWHERE).

Quote:
Originally Posted by COWCHICK77    
Nothing worse than a crappy job...that is where you spend most of your waking hours unfortunately!
When I am not on my phone and can type efficiently...I would love to share about my experience in a bullet factory...lol
Oh I know! Makes me appreciate how nice I had it at my old jobs :) Sounds like you might have some interesting stories, I can't wait to hear them!

I'll share my current experience in a couple weeks. I am just very paranoid about the internet, haha, and don't want to be in an even worse situation than right now.
     
    12-27-2011, 02:59 PM
  #5
Green Broke
My job is pretty gucci- warm office, computer to check HF all day and a nice pay check to pay for Duffy's vets bills, but if there is a will, there is a way.

Worst I've had is as a 14yo was a paperround in winter with a broken foot.

Now, for Christmas dinner I made a huge fuss about having to peel the poo sacks out of the prawns.. then realised someone out there has to do this job, so shut up pretty quickly :S

Any job is better than no job in my eyes though...
     
    12-27-2011, 03:00 PM
  #6
Green Broke
Dunkin Donuts is HORRIBLE.
Posted via Mobile Device
KissTheRing likes this.
     
    12-27-2011, 03:03 PM
  #7
Foal
I worked at a petstore, and it was the worst job I ever had. One of my jobs was to clean out the dog crates, so when I was spraying down the crates with the hot water sprayer, the poop water would spray in my face, and stick to my makeup so I felt like I had dog poop on my face all day, yuck, Then when I cleaned out the bird cages, the cockatoos would bite me with their sharp beaks and make my fingers bleed. The owner was a pervert who made me uncomfortable, and the wife was a witch! She was be dishonest or ignore some body's constant calls, or do something wrong, and make us employees call up these angry people and take the heat for her mistakes. She was very big busted and she would walk around with no bra on under her shirts, so you could see you know what all day in front of the customers. They sold dogs with Kennel cough and then we could get calls from the new owners saying that now their other dog got kennel cough from these dogs. They asked me to come in to a meeting on my off time, without the intention on paying for us to be at the meeting. They actually sounded surprised when I asked if I should clock in for being at the meeting. They didn't know how to run a business, ugh it was a nightmare all the way around. I was glad to be done with that job.
     
    12-27-2011, 03:06 PM
  #8
Weanling
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffyDuck    
My job is pretty gucci- warm office, computer to check HF all day and a nice pay check to pay for Duffy's vets bills, but if there is a will, there is a way.

Worst I've had is as a 14yo was a paperround in winter with a broken foot.

Now, for Christmas dinner I made a huge fuss about having to peel the poo sacks out of the prawns.. then realised someone out there has to do this job, so shut up pretty quickly :S

Any job is better than no job in my eyes though...
Agreed on any job is better than none. I am very thankful for that! I don't mind tough jobs, I detasseled (I bet only Nebraskans know what this is... manual labor EARLY and long!) when I was 13, and then worked at fast food when I was 14. I like staying busy and having stuff to do.

Okay I'm sorry but what does peeling the poo sacks out of the prawns mean? Haha, I got a weird mental image.
     
    12-27-2011, 03:07 PM
  #9
Weanling
Quote:
Originally Posted by Showjumper1    
I worked at a petstore, and it was the worst job I ever had. One of my jobs was to clean out the dog crates, so when I was spraying down the crates with the hot water sprayer, the poop water would spray in my face, and stick to my makeup so I felt like I had dog poop on my face all day, yuck, Then when I cleaned out the bird cages, the cockatoos would bite me with their sharp beaks and make my fingers bleed. The owner was a pervert who made me uncomfortable, and the wife was a witch! She was be dishonest or ignore some body's constant calls, or do something wrong, and make us employees call up these angry people and take the heat for her mistakes. She was very big busted and she would walk around with no bra on under her shirts, so you could see you know what all day in front of the customers. They sold dogs with Kennel cough and then we could get calls from the new owners saying that now their other dog got kennel cough from these dogs. They asked me to come in to a meeting on my off time, without the intention on paying for us to be at the meeting. They actually sounded surprised when I asked if I should clock in for being at the meeting. They didn't know how to run a business, ugh it was a nightmare all the way around. I was glad to be done with that job.
This is close to what I'm going through. Actually very close.
     
    12-27-2011, 03:11 PM
  #10
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by OuttatheBlue    
This is close to what I'm going through. Actually very close.
Wow I'm sorry. That job was horrible to me, and that stinks that you're going through something like that too. I hope things get better for you!
     

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
j1 jobs MaggiStar Horse Talk 11 03-04-2011 02:12 PM
Help with Jobs... ladybugsgirl Horse Talk 1 12-25-2010 05:15 PM
Jobs (Side jobs) Cowgirl101 General Off Topic Discussion 8 12-10-2010 05:17 PM
Jobs.... >.< Wallaby General Off Topic Discussion 10 10-11-2009 08:22 PM
Jobs Megs05 Horse Talk 1 12-03-2008 12:22 AM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0