Restless with a Random Question - Page 2
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Life Beyond Horses > General Off Topic Discussion

Restless with a Random Question

This is a discussion on Restless with a Random Question within the General Off Topic Discussion forums, part of the Life Beyond Horses category

Like Tree36Likes

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    07-12-2012, 10:48 AM
  #11
Showing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyseternalangel    
You were smart, MH! I sometimes have to stick my face in the freezer to cool off in Spain due to the heat. Gotta do what you gotta do!
Thanks Sky. My kiddo thought I went certifiable but my dogs agreed with me and laid down on the tile with me
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    07-12-2012, 11:44 AM
  #12
Showing
I've been known to hose myself off, just like I do the horses. My well water is a steady 60 degrees summer and winter, so during a 90-100 degree day, that 60 degree water feels awfully good!

Oh, and although after my divorce I took back my maiden name, there's no need to call me Miss, 'cause I ain't missed a whole lot!
     
    07-13-2012, 12:02 AM
  #13
Trained
No, I have the opposite problem. If I cannot sleep in my (our) own bed, then I have a real difficulty falling asleep...especially if I am in a house that makes noises.
     
    07-13-2012, 12:13 AM
  #14
Showing
Sky, you are definitely not the only one. Heck, I went through a phase a few years ago where I would spend months at a time sleeping on the couch instead of my bed.

If it's really hot, I've been known to pack ice packs around me in bed...particularly down around my feet. For some reason, that is the part of me that never fails to tell exactly what my body temp is. If I'm cold, they are little blocks of ice, if I'm hot, they are like bricks straight out of the oven.

I've also spent my share of nights sleeping on the bathroom floor. Once was food poisoning from Sonic and the rest were....um....booze induced. My most, well, I can't say memorable because I don't remember much, but it was certainly an infamous instance was my 19th birthday party. Yep, downed a half a bottle of Crown on an empty stomach.


Yeahhh, that didn't end well at all.
     
    07-13-2012, 12:24 AM
  #15
Showing
Quote:
Originally Posted by smrobs    
I've also spent my share of nights sleeping on the bathroom floor. Once was food poisoning from Sonic and the rest were....um....booze induced. My most, well, I can't say memorable because I don't remember much, but it was certainly an infamous instance was my 19th birthday party. Yep, downed a half a bottle of Crown on an empty stomach.


Yeahhh, that didn't end well at all.
Ouch!! Now I'm having flashbacks of my worst one of those nights...barber chair & upside down margaritas and then being spun in circles didn't fare so well for me.
     
    07-13-2012, 12:58 AM
  #16
Showing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy May    
No, I have the opposite problem. If I cannot sleep in my (our) own bed, then I have a real difficulty falling asleep...especially if I am in a house that makes noises.
Oh jeez :/ That definitely would suck :( Do you sleep fine in hotels or do you have trouble?

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrobs    
Sky, you are definitely not the only one. Heck, I went through a phase a few years ago where I would spend months at a time sleeping on the couch instead of my bed.

If it's really hot, I've been known to pack ice packs around me in bed...particularly down around my feet. For some reason, that is the part of me that never fails to tell exactly what my body temp is. If I'm cold, they are little blocks of ice, if I'm hot, they are like bricks straight out of the oven.

I've also spent my share of nights sleeping on the bathroom floor. Once was food poisoning from Sonic and the rest were....um....booze induced. My most, well, I can't say memorable because I don't remember much, but it was certainly an infamous instance was my 19th birthday party. Yep, downed a half a bottle of Crown on an empty stomach.


Yeahhh, that didn't end well at all.
Aww haha! Well I'm glad that I'm not the only one and.. that.. you learned... a valuable lesson about drinking on an empty stomach.. I hope
smrobs and Speed Racer like this.
     
    07-13-2012, 01:05 AM
  #17
Trained
No, hotels bother me too, I can be dead tired - but a hotel bed will wake me up like a whole pot of coffee. Then, I start thinking about how clean it is or isn't...uh oh.

And, you guys!!! Shape up!! Sky is having a sleeping trouble, not trouble drinking! :)
     
    07-13-2012, 01:06 AM
  #18
Showing
Oh, yes, learned that lesson very well. Only time in my life I've had a 2 day hangover LOL. Still can't stand the smell of Crown either.
Celeste likes this.
     
    07-13-2012, 01:23 AM
  #19
Showing
You know, Sky, I am having a similar feeling, but it isn't associated with where I sleep. I just have a deadly case of "ennui". Know what I mean? Nothing is satisfying, I have not direction or clear purpose, just feel ever so restless and irritable. Whereever I am, it feels that I should be somewhere else..
     
    07-13-2012, 01:24 AM
  #20
Green Broke
Nope, I need a bed and I cannot be in the slightest bit cold. So even in the middle of Summer I have a down comforter on my bed. In Winter I've been known to layer up to 3 down comforters. I even bring at least one to hotels with me.

Hubby on the other hand is permanently HOT and has disgustedly stomped off to sleep on the couch when I start adding more comforters to the bed.
     



Quick Reply
Please help keep the Horse Forum enjoyable by reporting rude posts.
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Random question. MissColors Horse Talk 9 03-07-2012 11:06 PM
Okay so I have a random question?? mybabysewanka Horse Breeding 8 03-23-2009 04:33 PM
random question ... kchfuller Horse Training 4 03-27-2008 12:32 AM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0