Shep tries to save owner from freezing to death.
   

       The Horse Forum > Life Beyond Horses > General Off Topic Discussion

Shep tries to save owner from freezing to death.

This is a discussion on Shep tries to save owner from freezing to death. within the General Off Topic Discussion forums, part of the Life Beyond Horses category

    Like Tree9Likes

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        09-18-2013, 12:01 PM
      #1
    Weanling
    Shep tries to save owner from freezing to death.

    Really sad story.

    German shepherd Stays 23 Days Next to Deceased Owner | Life With Dogs

    Being best friends with a German Shepherd this story really hit me.
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        09-18-2013, 12:05 PM
      #2
    Showing
    There's nothing in this world quite like a loyal dog.
         
        09-18-2013, 12:36 PM
      #3
    Green Broke
    What a great dog.

    Remind me never to drive in places where it would take days to find my car if it broke down.
    Posted via Mobile Device
         
        09-18-2013, 02:23 PM
      #4
    Weanling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DancingArabian    
    What a great dog.

    Remind me never to drive in places where it would take days to find my car if it broke down.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    The moral of the story is go prepared.

    People always wonder why I keep a few cans of food and an opener in my rig. This is why.
         
        09-23-2013, 08:58 PM
      #5
    Showing
    I've never been in a situation where the dog tried to keep me warm, but my Chessie would insist I take hold of his big collar when the yard was icey. He'd block my path with his body until I did so. On the way back to the house I had to hold on until I'd opened the door, whether I wanted to or not.
         
        09-23-2013, 09:19 PM
      #6
    Weanling
    Just to hit you in the feels.

    smrobs likes this.
         
        09-29-2013, 02:32 AM
      #7
    Yearling
    Right in the feels
         
        10-01-2013, 10:23 AM
      #8
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BigNickMontana    
    The moral of the story is go prepared.

    People always wonder why I keep a few cans of food and an opener in my rig. This is why.
    And stay with the car as long as possible. A car is a heck of alot easier to find than one person in a large area of land. Especially if people are expecting you. When you don't show they will report it sooner or later. Most " survival" type situations like this last no more than 72 hours. At least in the US.
         
        10-01-2013, 11:29 AM
      #9
    Trained
    Wow... what a dog.
         
        10-01-2013, 11:34 AM
      #10
    Green Broke
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Fort fireman    
    And stay with the car as long as possible. A car is a heck of alot easier to find than one person in a large area of land. Especially if people are expecting you. When you don't show they will report it sooner or later. Most " survival" type situations like this last no more than 72 hours. At least in the US.
    Exactly. It's not uncommon around here for people to get stuck up in the mountains during winter. It's almost always the one who goes looking for help that ends up dying.
         

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Could someone pretty please maybe draw Shep for us? LoveStory10 Horse Artwork 11 12-24-2011 12:31 AM
    Are my horses freezing? erino49 Horse Health 42 12-04-2011 08:42 PM
    German Shep. puppy ((updated pictures added)) appylover31803 General Off Topic Discussion 25 04-08-2008 06:27 PM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:32 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0