Sleeping arrangements. - Page 3
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Life Beyond Horses > General Off Topic Discussion

Sleeping arrangements.

This is a discussion on Sleeping arrangements. within the General Off Topic Discussion forums, part of the Life Beyond Horses category

    Like Tree12Likes

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        08-23-2012, 09:01 PM
      #21
    Green Broke
    Okay, first I need to say that I'm one of those people that once I put furniture in place, I like it to stay there. It's just one of my quirks.

    With that said, if a guest were to place two beds together, I don't think that would bother me as long as 1) the floor wasn't scratched and 2) they put the beds back at the end of their stay.

    Taffy, I think your friends are very comfortable with you and feel welcome with you and your hospitality. They probably would feel bad if they knew that it irritated (?) you to have the beds moved.

    I hope they have been putting the beds back at the end of their stay.

    You are entitled to feel the way you do, doesn't make it right or wrong. I'm such a help aren't I.
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        08-23-2012, 09:08 PM
      #22
    Green Broke
    Smile

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Walkamile    
    Okay, first I need to say that I'm one of those people that once I put furniture in place, I like it to stay there. It's just one of my quirks.

    With that said, if a guest were to place two beds together, I don't think that would bother me as long as 1) the floor wasn't scratched and 2) they put the beds back at the end of their stay.

    Taffy, I think your friends are very comfortable with you and feel welcome with you and your hospitality. They probably would feel bad if they knew that it irritated (?) you to have the beds moved.

    I hope they have been putting the beds back at the end of their stay.

    You are entitled to feel the way you do, doesn't make it right or wrong. I'm such a help aren't I.
    Thank you for your most eloquent reply.
    I thank you
         
        08-23-2012, 09:13 PM
      #23
    Started
    Personally, I would only mind them moving the furniture if I had to move it back after every guest left. That's mainly because I would move the beds together so I could sleep closer to my husband, but I would absolutely move them back where they were.

    As an aside of sorts, if moving the beds really does bother you, maybe have 2 full size beds instead of twins. At least on a full size, there's enough space for 2 people to sleep without suffocating each other or sleeping opposite with feet in each others faces.
         
        08-23-2012, 09:27 PM
      #24
    Trained
    I would just squish on the twin lol but me and my bf sleep on a twin bed together all the time !
         
        08-23-2012, 09:29 PM
      #25
    Green Broke
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gypsygirl    
    i would just squish on the twin lol but me and my bf sleep on a twin bed together all the time !
    LOL! Even if my hubby and I wanted to, there simply is just not enough room for us both in a twin bed. Matter of fact, the queen bed we sleep in is looking a wee narrow to us now too! Maybe it's time to call Jenny?
         
        08-23-2012, 09:31 PM
      #26
    Trained
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Walkamile    
    LOL! Even if my hubby and I wanted to, there simply is just not enough room for us both in a twin bed. Matter of fact, the queen bed we sleep in is looking a wee narrow to us now too! Maybe it's time to call Jenny?
    lol its not too roomy that's for sure ! But im pretty small. He's over 6foot so he minds it more than I do, his feet stick off the end... as soon as we have a house we are getting a bigger bed !
         
        08-23-2012, 09:36 PM
      #27
    Green Broke
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gypsygirl    
    lol its not too roomy that's for sure ! But im pretty small. He's over 6foot so he minds it more than I do, his feet stick off the end... as soon as we have a house we are getting a bigger bed !
    When Don and I were young and trim, we could easily fit on the couch laying down with extra room. Oh how the years have added and enriched our relationship, and our waistlines!
         
        08-23-2012, 09:39 PM
      #28
    Green Broke
    Taffy --bunkbeds and everything becomes a non issue
         
        08-23-2012, 10:13 PM
      #29
    Trained
    No, I would not rearrange the beds unless I asked first, and I wouldn't ask unless the guest were a close friend.
         
        08-24-2012, 02:38 AM
      #30
    Yearling
    I wouldn't have moved the furniture. As much as I love my husband, unless we were in seperate rooms, in which case I WOULD squeeze into a twin bed to sleep next to him, sleeping only a couple feet apart wouldn't bother me. I just don't think it would occur to me.

    That being said, like others have already mentioned, if you haven't given them a reason to believe you disapprove, they're not really in the wrong. UNLESS, the floors are wood, fake or real, and could potentially be scratched. I would then find it ballsy and kind of rude to risk it.
         

    Quick Reply
    Please help keep the Horse Forum enjoyable by reporting rude posts.
    Message:
    Options

    Register Now

    In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

    Already have a Horse Forum account?
    Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

    New to the Horse Forum?
    Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.

    User Name:
    Password
    Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
    Password:
    Confirm Password:
    Email Address
    Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
    Email Address:

    Log-in

    Human Verification

    In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


    Old Thread Warning
    This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Sleeping Beauty Malice Horse Pictures 4 07-26-2012 06:39 PM
    Snickers sleeping Oldhorselady Horse Pictures 10 05-28-2012 11:31 PM
    Feeding Arrangements/How Much? canteringhearts Horse Health 0 02-21-2012 08:57 PM
    Sleeping horses! racheld90 Horse Talk 1 01-15-2012 08:05 PM
    Sleeping on the job! DutchHorse Horse Videos 3 10-19-2007 03:24 AM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:56 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0