Support each other and lose 10 pounds! - Page 20
   

       The Horse Forum > Life Beyond Horses > General Off Topic Discussion

Support each other and lose 10 pounds!

This is a discussion on Support each other and lose 10 pounds! within the General Off Topic Discussion forums, part of the Life Beyond Horses category

    Like Tree47Likes

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        01-15-2013, 01:38 PM
      #191
    Weanling
    I've done...okay this past week. Not as well as I would have liked, but it's still better than nothing. My measurements are down a bit (1/4-1/2") but I'm not sure about my weight as the scale battery died. I'll get a new one when I go to town. Oh well. I think my downfall was too much cheese XD This week I'll try to be a little more mindful, and also try to be a bit more active (last week was COLD!).
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        01-18-2013, 04:46 PM
      #192
    Foal
    I haven't posted in a while because I don't have a whole lot to report on. I'm hovering around 199 pounds, so not much better but not much worse. I've signed up for a muscle and endurance class at my university that runs 2X per week so at least that gets me to the gym 2 days a week. I got to the gym 3X this week which was good and I've ridden a few times too.

    I've decided to apply to our city police service once I'm finished my degree which should be spring/summer next year hopefully so I'm more determined than ever to get my butt in shape. Hopefully they'll accept me...if not, well I guess I'll be in darn good shape!!
    JaphyJaphy likes this.
         
        01-19-2013, 12:17 AM
      #193
    Weanling
    I am still sick and have a bit of a cough so I have been taking it easy. I lost around 15lbs since the holidays and exams. So I am a bit lighter than I was to begin with but not by much. I got to ride twice this week (Monday and tonight), that was fun :3 I seem to suck at getting good distances now and I don't know why. I think I am overthinking it!
    Maple likes this.
         
        01-19-2013, 12:34 AM
      #194
    Weanling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CowboysDream    
    I am still sick and have a bit of a cough so I have been taking it easy. I lost around 15lbs since the holidays and exams. So I am a bit lighter than I was to begin with but not by much. I got to ride twice this week (Monday and tonight), that was fun :3 I seem to suck at getting good distances now and I don't know why. I think I am overthinking it!
    15 pounds?! Amazing! What's your weight-loss regime, if you don't mind my asking? Keep up the good work :)
         
        01-19-2013, 04:01 AM
      #195
    Yearling
    I made it to the gym on Thursday for a 45 min workout - 20 bike, 15 treadmill and 10 rower. I walked two laps of a gallop yesterday and will be getting to the gym this evening.

    I've got better with the eatting: Thurs I had veg soup for lunch, and grilled chicken on rice for dinner. Friday was a salad for lunch and a grilled chop with 1 cup mashed spuds for dinner. There won't be any riding done this weekend as everything is underwater with a forecast for snow. And no, I'm not wimping out because of the snow lol but when I only have the roads to ride on and since they wont be treated they will be like ice rinks - not worth the risk with the drivers I have to contend with :(
    CowboysDream likes this.
         
        01-19-2013, 03:53 PM
      #196
    Weanling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JaphyJaphy    
    15 pounds?! Amazing! What's your weight-loss regime, if you don't mind my asking? Keep up the good work :)
    Its amazing but not too amazing considering I just gained 15lbs since exams and holidays and then had to lose it :P

    Hm well lets see, I basically just ate less? I haven't been snacking and I have been consuming a lot less calories since I am home now and not at school. My eating is more consistent I suppose. I have something like fruit, oatmeal or a bagel for breakfast. Then lunch has been a soup or sandwich. Then dinner is whatever. Plus since starting work I have been drinking a LOT of water which means a lot of what I dropped was most likely water weight. I am at my maintenance ordinary weight now. So to lose more weight I will end up just controlling my food intake and have healthy snacks (apples, granola bars, etc.). It helps that I rarely drink soda and I don't go out of my way to eat snacks. When I get better I will be following a weight-training regime from the book "New Rules of Lifting for Women". I like it a lot and when I was following it I got down to my lowest weight ever, just wish I kept with it haha.

    Oh plus I have enough to lose. According to BMI I should be 140-170b (which is bull and way to low for my body structure). I think a healthy weight for me would be 180-200lbs ish.
    JaphyJaphy likes this.
         
        01-25-2013, 08:59 PM
      #197
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CowboysDream    
    Its amazing but not too amazing considering I just gained 15lbs since exams and holidays and then had to lose it :P

    Hm well lets see, I basically just ate less? I haven't been snacking and I have been consuming a lot less calories since I am home now and not at school. My eating is more consistent I suppose. I have something like fruit, oatmeal or a bagel for breakfast. Then lunch has been a soup or sandwich. Then dinner is whatever. Plus since starting work I have been drinking a LOT of water which means a lot of what I dropped was most likely water weight. I am at my maintenance ordinary weight now. So to lose more weight I will end up just controlling my food intake and have healthy snacks (apples, granola bars, etc.). It helps that I rarely drink soda and I don't go out of my way to eat snacks. When I get better I will be following a weight-training regime from the book "New Rules of Lifting for Women". I like it a lot and when I was following it I got down to my lowest weight ever, just wish I kept with it haha.

    Oh plus I have enough to lose. According to BMI I should be 140-170b (which is bull and way to low for my body structure). I think a healthy weight for me would be 180-200lbs ish.
    Well congrats on the 15 lbs nonetheless!! I still haven't lost all of the holiday weight haha. That's pretty great that you lost it that quickly. I also don't believe in BMI really and I agree with you completely. Someone my height, according the the BMI to be in the "normal" BMI range of 19-25, I should be between 133 - 179 lbs (varying slightly depending on what website I'm on). I'm 5'11" and would look SO sickly and gross at 133 lbs and I can't imagine that being healthy for me. That would put me at the same weight as my ~5'2" coach who is thin for her size and stature at that mid-130 lbs. It all depends on how you are built...

    In other news....I'm so happy! Although I haven't dropped much in pounds apparently I have shrunk around my hips! I can now wear one of my favourite belts again. Sure, it's still snug and maybe it gives me slight muffin top but I'm still ecstatic .
    Cinder, CowboysDream and Maple like this.
         
        01-28-2013, 09:09 PM
      #198
    Yearling
    Sorry I haven't been in this thread for a while guys. I've been feeling kind of guilty about my eating choices lately. Have I been eating too much? Too little? Am I getting enough exercise?

    Well, today I learned that hard work really does pay off! In September I weighed a little over 180 lbs. Today, I weighed in at a little over 160 lbs! I was not expecting that. With this development, I am almost back at my lowest weight- 160 lbs, even.
    CowboysDream and Maple like this.
         
        01-28-2013, 09:20 PM
      #199
    Weanling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cinder    
    Sorry I haven't been in this thread for a while guys. I've been feeling kind of guilty about my eating choices lately. Have I been eating too much? Too little? Am I getting enough exercise?

    Well, today I learned that hard work really does pay off! In September I weighed a little over 180 lbs. Today, I weighed in at a little over 160 lbs! I was not expecting that. With this development, I am almost back at my lowest weight- 160 lbs, even.
    Congrats, and keep up the good work!
    Cinder likes this.
         
        01-30-2013, 08:27 PM
      #200
    Weanling
    First jog of the year! It was a beautiful day/night :) such nice weather.
         

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    800 pounds of hay is being delivered... equestrian Horse Nutrition 4 03-11-2011 10:07 AM
    Best tricks for shedding those few extra pounds? x3emilygrace General Off Topic Discussion 4 03-09-2011 12:45 PM
    Feed Scoop In Pounds... MIEventer Horse Talk 17 03-11-2010 09:31 PM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:14 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0