This is TOO Creepy! - Page 3 - The Horse Forum
 9Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 33 Old 08-28-2011, 06:08 PM
Weanling
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 286
• Horses: 0
Okay... I JOKE about getting my animals stuffed but never really meant it! Wow some people are interesting critters.

The Truth Harsher Than One Would Think
KissTheRing is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 33 Old 08-29-2011, 02:50 AM
Trained
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 5,582
• Horses: 2
That has to qualify as separation anxiety somewhere.. This weirds me out. But I've also only had really big retrievers, so I don't need my 96lb golden curled up in a corner..because I could probably fit a recliner in the same square footage.. And it would cost me like $2300. I've had him since he was 6 weeks old and he's 10 now, but I really don't think I could have him freeze dried.

What do you do to keep them clean? Dust them or something? I can't imagine dusting a dead cat or dog.. o.O
Poseidon is offline  
post #23 of 33 Old 08-29-2011, 11:03 AM
Showing
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 12,191
• Horses: 2
I could never do that. I still remember years ago when they had this show on TLC with page lewis, and Tie Carpenter and all those guys, and they would do home switchovers-and I remember in one of the episodes, they took the owner's dog and without her consent(he passed away during the episode), they stuffed him! that particular episode was mortifying.

It really bothers me. I don't find it natural to do that to animals(or anything that had a life at one point or another). If it floats your boat, then I've always been someone to call out to do what makes you happy, but man-definitely not a practice for me.
my2geldings is offline  
post #24 of 33 Old 08-29-2011, 11:19 AM
Started
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,908
• Horses: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseidon View Post
What do you do to keep them clean? Dust them or something? I can't imagine dusting a dead cat or dog.. o.O
It said on the website that you have to keep up with cleaning them as you would any other household item.

The whole thing is just weird. I definitely wouldn't do it. As others have mentioned once they die, your animal is gone. That body does not have your pet's personality, it (as harsh as this sounds) is just a body.

My2Geldings-That is horrible. I hope they let her know that he had passed away instead of waiting to show her his stuffed body when they came home. I would be livid if someone stuffed my pet at all let alone without my permission. What was her reaction to it?

~ Hope is never light years away ~
Phantomcolt18 is offline  
post #25 of 33 Old 08-29-2011, 11:24 AM
Showing
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 12,191
• Horses: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantomcolt18 View Post
My2Geldings-That is horrible. I hope they let her know that he had passed away instead of waiting to show her his stuffed body when they came home. I would be livid if someone stuffed my pet at all let alone without my permission. What was her reaction to it?
She knew the pet had died the night before, but her friends who had taken over their house, took the corpes and had it sent to get all taxydermied. She screamed and cried-it was soooo bad. I was shocked they even had it air. It was bad enough that about 6-7 years later I still remember it.
my2geldings is offline  
post #26 of 33 Old 08-29-2011, 11:28 AM
Started
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,908
• Horses: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by My2Geldings View Post
She knew the pet had died the night before, but her friends who had taken over their house, took the corpes and had it sent to get all taxydermied. She screamed and cried-it was soooo bad. I was shocked they even had it air. It was bad enough that about 6-7 years later I still remember it.
That poor woman I would hate to have to go through that.

~ Hope is never light years away ~
Phantomcolt18 is offline  
post #27 of 33 Old 08-29-2011, 11:41 AM
Showing
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 12,191
• Horses: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantomcolt18 View Post
That poor woman I would hate to have to go through that.
You are no kidding my friend. I was soooo sad for her. It was really upsetting to watch.
my2geldings is offline  
post #28 of 33 Old 08-29-2011, 01:12 PM
Teen Forum Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: South East Texas
Posts: 7,157
• Horses: 2
This not only disgusts me, it's sad. By keeping the corpse (call it what you want, but it is still a dead body) they are not allowing themselves to deal with the pain. Reading the comments, I found that many of these people felt that freeze-drying their cats or dogs, it was like the animal never left. They're not allowing the normal healing process to occure, and are simply 'hiding the skeleton the the closet' ....or in a pet bed in their living room- in this case.

Pain is no fun thing to go through. I have had to deal with the death of our 17 year old cat before, and it's devestating. But trying to replace or preserve what is truely not there anymore is just absurd.

Death is a part of life. If there is no closure, there is no healing, IMO.

Everyone in your life is meant to
be in your journey, but not all of
them are meant to stay till the end.
Endiku is offline  
post #29 of 33 Old 08-29-2011, 01:20 PM
Showing
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 12,191
• Horses: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endiku View Post
This not only disgusts me, it's sad. By keeping the corpse (call it what you want, but it is still a dead body) they are not allowing themselves to deal with the pain. Reading the comments, I found that many of these people felt that freeze-drying their cats or dogs, it was like the animal never left. They're not allowing the normal healing process to occure, and are simply 'hiding the skeleton the the closet' ....or in a pet bed in their living room- in this case.

Pain is no fun thing to go through. I have had to deal with the death of our 17 year old cat before, and it's devestating. But trying to replace or preserve what is truely not there anymore is just absurd.

Death is a part of life. If there is no closure, there is no healing, IMO.
Couldn't have been said any better.
my2geldings is offline  
post #30 of 33 Old 09-02-2011, 03:58 PM
Started
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,064
• Horses: 1
I am a hunter and like taxidermy deer and game animals but a pet is a big NO.



VT Trail Trotters is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.



User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Oh my gosh... This is creepy!!! Marlea Warlea Technology 20 05-06-2011 01:04 AM
Creepy Yorkie ptvintage Other Pets 6 04-07-2010 09:32 PM
CREEPY!!! KANSAS_TWISTER General Off Topic Discussion 15 07-11-2008 10:33 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome