What do you do with your left over turkey?
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Life Beyond Horses > General Off Topic Discussion

What do you do with your left over turkey?

This is a discussion on What do you do with your left over turkey? within the General Off Topic Discussion forums, part of the Life Beyond Horses category
  • What to do with turkey scraps
  • What to do with lft over turkey

Like Tree5Likes

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    12-25-2011, 06:17 PM
  #1
Green Broke
What do you do with your left over turkey?

Seriously guys!

I am sat here finishing off the bottle of champagne alone -hiccup- and thinking not even half of the 5.5kg turkey went this evening!! What do you all do with the left overs? This is what we usually do!

Turkey and ham pie (ham left over from Christmas eve)
Turkey curry
Turkey sandwiches
Turkey and home made chips
Stock from the carcass and frozen for when required
Fatty bits to the dogs
Liver to the dogs
Neck makes gravy
Heart was accidently binned this year otherwise the woofers would have had that too.

Any other ideas before I get tired of turkey??!!
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    12-25-2011, 06:23 PM
  #2
Trained
I had some turkey scraps left over from Thanksgiving that I had frozen. One night last week, not having a clue what to make for dinner...I sautéed some garlic in oil, threw in the turkey (chopped small), tossed some salt, black pepper and red pepper in and stirred it all around. I also steamed some broccoli, and made some pasta. I added the broccoli to the turkey pan, tossed it a bit to coat, then dumped it on top of the pasta. DH loved it! Go figure!
DuffyDuck likes this.
     
    12-25-2011, 06:25 PM
  #3
Green Broke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake and Dai    
I had some turkey scraps left over from Thanksgiving that I had frozen. One night last week, not having a clue what to make for dinner...I sautéed some garlic in oil, threw in the turkey (chopped small), tossed some salt, black pepper and red pepper in and stirred it all around. I also steamed some broccoli, and made some pasta. I added the broccoli to the turkey pan, tossed it a bit to coat, then dumped it on top of the pasta. DH loved it! Go figure!

Now I need to go raid my fridge.. you made me super hungry xD

Fave foods of mine : Patsa& Garlic.

Good idea though, thanks
     
    12-25-2011, 06:28 PM
  #4
Trained
Any time Duffy. Garlic & oil goes with just about anything. I have a turkey breast roasting as we speak with brussel sprouts tossed in oil n' large chunks of garlic.

The champagne is cooling with a bottle of cassis ready for Kir Royales after for dessert. ;)
     
    12-25-2011, 06:33 PM
  #5
Green Broke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake and Dai    
Any time Duffy. Garlic & oil goes with just about anything. I have a turkey breast roasting as we speak with brussel sprouts tossed in oil n' large chunks of garlic.

The champagne is cooling with a bottle of cassis ready for Kir Royales after for dessert. ;)

I know.. mega fan. Might throw some stuffing in too... -drools- SO HUNGRY. Think I'll have to settle for a peanut butter sandwhich tonight as its nearly 1am here!

I'm just finishing the bottle of champagne.. after the wine, the time warp, the ameretto... ohdear
     
    12-25-2011, 06:48 PM
  #6
Trained
I haz a major sad as I forgot the stuffing. I make homemade for Thanksgiving but was going all pre-made this time. I don't have enough bread in the house to make the homemade now. Sigh....

After dinner will be eggnog martinis made with Kahualua (sp?)

It's going to be hard going waking up tomorrow. LOL
     
    12-25-2011, 06:51 PM
  #7
Green Broke
D: -hands over stuffing- not to rub it in but mum and I made two types.. rofl, I ate loads >

Eggnog. Bleugh. GROSS. We sat down with a movie.. and dad and I polished off what was open really, but I agree

Tomorrow is going to be a long, hard, painful day xD
     
    12-25-2011, 06:54 PM
  #8
Trained
Thanks for the stuffing....and thank goodness it didn't get confiscated as a dangerous substance!

I have vanilla vodka I can mix with your Kahlua...(jeez I've not a clue how to spell that bloody word!).

My kid and I have started on the Kir Royales...before dinner. It's an apertif...yeah...that's it. An apertif.
     
    12-25-2011, 06:56 PM
  #9
Green Broke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake and Dai    
Thanks for the stuffing....and thank goodness it didn't get confiscated as a dangerous substance!

I have vanilla vodka I can mix with your Kahlua...(jeez I've not a clue how to spell that bloody word!).

My kid and I have started on the Kir Royales...before dinner. It's an apertif...yeah...that's it. An apertif.

LOL you're welcome :3

VANILLA VODKA. You can come and party here. My dad and I loved the smirnoff espresso vodka.. but shotting it xD And I'm not talking one sip, or one glass either o.0

That reminds me of 'I like to cook with wine.. sometimes I even add it to the food'
Ray MacDonald likes this.
     
    12-25-2011, 07:08 PM
  #10
Trained
I have to have a glass of wine at hand whilst cooking. It is de rigueur!
     

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Happy Turkey Day! Speed Racer General Off Topic Discussion 18 11-24-2011 02:38 PM
newbie here living in Turkey mavi Meet the Community 5 12-23-2008 10:06 AM
Turkey Day menu free_sprtd General Off Topic Discussion 9 11-27-2008 10:12 AM
Pregnant Turkey?!?!? Dumas'_Grrrl General Off Topic Discussion 4 11-25-2008 08:49 AM
Stoopid Turkey!!!!!! Dumas'_Grrrl Horse Riding 9 06-04-2008 02:15 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0