Old Wives Tales
What did they do before they invented ultrasound?
Here's some old wive's tales that are suppose to determine the sex of your baby.
How they came up with these ideas, I do not know, but they have been passed down from grandmas to moms for generations.
1. Gold ring baby test - Thread a needle or a gold ring, hold it over the unborn child. If it spins, the baby is a girl, if it swings the baby is a boy. (Also this has been used on me by my aunts, but they tested the underside of my wrist.)
2. If you have lots of morning sickness, then it's a boy.
3. If the baby is very active and kicks a lot, it's a boy.
4. If the mother is carrying the baby low it's a boy, high it's a girl.
5. If the mother's stomach appears to be small for the stage that she's at, the baby is a girl, if large it's a boy.
6. If the mother's face is tight and drawn, it's a boy; if her face is soft and glowing, it's a girl.
7. If the mother gains lots of weight early in her pregnancy, it's a girl.
8. If her right eye and breast are enlarged, it's a boy.
9. If the mother is sick during her first trimester, it's a girl, if the husband is sick, it's a boy.
10. If the baby's heartbeat is more than 140 beats per minute, it's a girl, less, it's a boy.
I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within. Douglas MacArthur