your thoughts on suicide - Page 10
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Life Beyond Horses > General Off Topic Discussion

your thoughts on suicide

This is a discussion on your thoughts on suicide within the General Off Topic Discussion forums, part of the Life Beyond Horses category

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        09-28-2010, 08:18 PM
      #91
    Weanling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wannahorse22    
    This is probably a question that will get some opinionated answers. For me, there is always a way. I am a believer in God. So I do ahve faith that he can pull anyone out of any situation. It might take a miracle- but there is always a way. Just my belief.

    I feel like I am thinking very out-of-the-box. I am only 14...this is some hardcore thinking.
    True. I too believe in God most of the time, I will admit that I am still getting there. But, do you think God could lead you to sucide? Could that ever be your chosen path, destiny, whatever that God chooses? Or is that to cruel for God to make you suffer enough you want to die? Is God a loving God who would rather you live through all your struggles so he can eventually pass you on to him himself when he feels its right and will he never let you struggle enough that you just have to die? I don't know if I can answer yes to that because it brings up the question, why then, if God loves us enough to keep us here till he himself chooses to cause us to die, do people commit sucide in the first place? Do only people who don't know God take that path, because God is not in their life and not controlling it, so to speak? That doesnt seem fair to me. I would like to think God cares about all people no matter if they follow him or not, he created them after all.
    Out of the box thinking is good for you. It challenges you and gets those brain juices flowin'.(:
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        09-28-2010, 08:22 PM
      #92
    Weanling
    [QUOTE=Solon;764590]Then you don't know. If you have not been to that edge staring into the abyss. You do not know.

    Crying can only go so far for a person who's broken. For those people they've exhausted everything they have to keep them here. For them, relief is far greater than the concerns of loved ones they leave behind.QUOTE]

    So, SO true. 100% agree. Until you've written your note and thought about the ways you can go, leave, be freed by death right then, right there, you have NO idea.
    When you are that far gone, there is no crying left in you, no concern, nothing, but the desperate need to be anywhere but here, to be nothing, because that's all you feel you and this life are worth.
    It may seem dramatic now, but when you are there, its so true.
         
        09-28-2010, 08:37 PM
      #93
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by paintsrule    
    True. I too believe in God most of the time, I will admit that I am still getting there. But, do you think God could lead you to sucide? Could that ever be your chosen path, destiny, whatever that God chooses? Or is that to cruel for God to make you suffer enough you want to die? Is God a loving God who would rather you live through all your struggles so he can eventually pass you on to him himself when he feels its right and will he never let you struggle enough that you just have to die? I don't know if I can answer yes to that because it brings up the question, why then, if God loves us enough to keep us here till he himself chooses to cause us to die, do people commit sucide in the first place? Do only people who don't know God take that path, because God is not in their life and not controlling it, so to speak? That doesnt seem fair to me. I would like to think God cares about all people no matter if they follow him or not, he created them after all.
    Out of the box thinking is good for you. It challenges you and gets those brain juices flowin'.(:
    Those are some difficult questions. I truly believe that God can lead you to anything. He led so many people in the Bible, to do things that they believe they could not do themselves. But then again, God was their with them, God chose them. So I believe God could lead you to anything..because it always has a good reason. BUT you have to decipher if that's God talking to you, or Satan leading you to suicide. God is always a loving God. People commit suicide on their own choice (and possibly satan tempting them). Or is God leading them to suicide for a reason? Then again, the verses say; "Do not be a fool--why die before your time?" (Ecclesiastes 7:17b). So you would really have to study the verses, for Gods viewpoint on this matter. Even if people don't believe in God, he is still there...disbelief does not make him not be there. God is even controlling the life of the disbelievers. BUT God doesnt nessecarily control, he may also influence the way they think, or even show signs. God can even place a tragic event in that persons life; that may lead them to God. He is always there; if you want him to or not, he is always there. I agree, God does care. He did create them; they are his children; his artwork. God loves everything he placed on this Earth, becasue they all represent him, and he can speak through them. Who knows? He could be using our conversation right now, just so a certain person can read it...and start wondering about God. Wondering who he is, and why he loves us. We could have been chosen to lead a person to christ right now. He's there, always listening.
         
        09-28-2010, 08:49 PM
      #94
    Green Broke
    Tenesse - your statement proves that you don't have a good understanding either.

    I think when you both get older and more experiences you'll have a better understanding. You might still disagree but you'll understand what others are saying. You are both a little to young to really see what happens outside the safety of childhood.
         
        09-28-2010, 08:50 PM
      #95
    Trained
    So for those of you that think it is a cowards way out how many of you have been to that point? Just curious.

    Also for the same group you keep saying that if we were courageous, we would seek help. What happens to the people that have done this? The ones who have spent years asking God and others for help? Have been in and out of treatment, tried every med available to them, therapy, etc? What are these people supposed to do, how do they get through the day and not be labled a coward.

    Like Solon said if you have not been there, you do NOT know. That's fine if you think it is a sin. That is your belief. I do not agree, but I won't argue that either way. To label them as a coward however implies that they are flippantly deciding to kill themselves -- that there is a clear path to fix mental illness or depression in any of its forms and that is not true.

    I hate the argument that says God wont put us through anything we can't survive. What about childrein in Darfur? What about people who went through the Holocaust? Rape victims, women in the middle east who get acid thrown in their faces or killed for 'honor' because they were raped? I never understood that mentality. If I am overstepping my bounds here, Mods feel free to edit this. I can see how you may be able to rationalize this line of thought towards depression, but not towards any of the things I just mentioned.

    I HAVE talked to many pastors, reverends, etc about this. I grew up in the church. I have not however received a straight answer so maybe someone can enlighten me on that?


    Also, kudos to this thread for making it 90 posts without it getting petty and argumentative.
         
        09-28-2010, 08:50 PM
      #96
    Yearling
    Wait. Are you talking about me?
         
        09-28-2010, 08:53 PM
      #97
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Spastic_Dove    
    So for those of you that think it is a cowards way out how many of you have been to that point? Just curious.

    Also for the same group you keep saying that if we were courageous, we would seek help. What happens to the people that have done this? The ones who have spent years asking God and others for help? Have been in and out of treatment, tried every med available to them, therapy, etc? What are these people supposed to do, how do they get through the day and not be labled a coward.
    Like Solon said if you have not been there, you do NOT know. That's fine if you think it is a sin. That is your belief. I do not agree, but I won't argue that either way. To label them as a coward however implies that they are flippantly deciding to kill themselves -- that there is a clear path to fix mental illness or depression in any of its forms and that is not true.

    I hate the argument that says God wont put us through anything we can't survive. What about childrein in Darfur? What about people who went through the Holocaust? Rape victims, women in the middle east who get acid thrown in their faces or killed for 'honor' because they were raped? I never understood that mentality. If I am overstepping my bounds here, Mods feel free to edit this. I can see how you may be able to rationalize this line of thought towards depression, but not towards any of the things I just mentioned.

    I HAVE talked to many pastors, reverends, etc about this. I grew up in the church. I have not however received a straight answer so maybe someone can enlighten me on that?


    Also, kudos to this thread for making it 90 posts without it getting petty and argumentative.
    I don't believe they are cowards..they are helpless. I also believe God sometimes puts us through difficult things to test out faith in him, whether it be rape victims, or even natural disaster victims. God is always
    testing us. Also, I have mixed feelings on if it is a sin or not. I would have to look it up inthe bible, but I may think it could also be a misunderstanding.
         
        09-28-2010, 08:57 PM
      #98
    Weanling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wannahorse22    
    BUT God doesnt nessecarily control, he may also influence the way they think, or even show signs. God can even place a tragic event in that persons life; that may lead them to God. He is always there; if you want him to or not, he is always there. I agree, God does care. He did create them; they are his children; his artwork. God loves everything he placed on this Earth, becasue they all represent him, and he can speak through them. Who knows? He could be using our conversation right now, just so a certain person can read it...and start wondering about God. Wondering who he is, and why he loves us. We could have been chosen to lead a person to christ right now. He's there, always listening.
    Why then does he let people commit sucide? Shouldnt he stop in there, say wait, hang on a sec, theres more than just the pain you are feeling, I can get you through? Why doesnt God intervene when people are at their lowest possible points, and even if they don't want help anymore, I'm pretty sure God actually proving himself would stop them in their tracks. Why, if God loved us enough to die for us, pay for our sins and let us live on the earth he created does he not take a more active role and not let his people, the people He claims to love soo much, suffer enough to feel the only way to get better is to kill themselves?
    Again, not attacking, I honestly find this a fascinating discussion and look forward to the responses.
         
        09-28-2010, 09:00 PM
      #99
    Trained
    How do you test an infant and how does the infant pass that test? That is what I am curious about wannahorse. People go through such things that can't even act out free will. Natural disasters, murder, illness, death doesnt just happen to adults but to everyone. What is to be learned from the death of a child? Im really not trying to argue, Im just curious as to what you believe.

    Edit: Can you explain what you mean about misundersanding vs sin?
         
        09-28-2010, 09:02 PM
      #100
    Yearling
    I would love to answer thoses questions, but unfortuantely, I don't know the answer. So before I start stating things that may not be true, I am going to have to do some research. Gods book has the answers, I just need to read up :)

    Spastic Dove and Paintsrule- I say we all do some thinking/resaerch tonight and tomorrow. I am pretty curious too...
         

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Another maybe...thoughts? QHDragon Horse Riding Critique 15 06-27-2010 12:16 AM
    YOUR thoughts? Fogged-In Horse Talk 4 07-10-2009 04:58 PM
    Sisters, Dramas & suicide!!! KiwiRyder General Off Topic Discussion 3 09-23-2008 05:45 PM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:51 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0