Band. Marching Season. - Page 2
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Life Beyond Horses > Hobbies

Band. Marching Season.

This is a discussion on Band. Marching Season. within the Hobbies forums, part of the Life Beyond Horses category

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        12-25-2010, 12:00 AM
      #11
    Started
    Oh, lord. I miss Marching Band. I was/am a trumpet player. We were state champions in our division my senior year. My freshman year I went from a band of 250 to a band of about 50 in my sophomore year when I moved. It was a shock, but it was good.

    I am a MAJOR DCI Fan. If you've never been to a Drum Corps show, GO. It is spectacular. I would date any man from the Cavies or Phantom any day of the week. *drool*

         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        12-25-2010, 12:03 AM
      #12
    Trained
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Carleen    
    That must be an American thing, I've never heard of High Schools having marching bands in Canada. Very cool though! I love the uniforms.
    I hear ya, I grew up in B.C as well, and since we never had HighSchool Football, we never had Marching Band.

    BUT - that's not true for all of Canada. It is popular in Saskatchewan, not sure about anywhere else though.......hmm........but I know this because my Cousin David was big into Marching Band and he was born and raised in Saskatoon, Sask....my Mom went over there to watch a HUUUGE Marching Band comp held at his HighSchool, and his band was a part of it.

    Go figure.

    I was a very big part of Concert Band. I played the Trumpet from Grade 6 - 12. Now, I play the fiddle.

    ~~~

    Great thread! I love Marching Bands, the drums are my favorite :)
         
        12-25-2010, 12:16 AM
      #13
    Banned
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MIEventer    
    I hear ya, I grew up in B.C as well, and since we never had HighSchool Football, we never had Marching Band.

    BUT - that's not true for all of Canada. It is popular in Saskatchewan, not sure about anywhere else though.......hmm........but I know this because my Cousin David was big into Marching Band and he was born and raised in Saskatoon, Sask....my Mom went over there to watch a HUUUGE Marching Band comp held at his HighSchool, and his band was a part of it.

    Go figure.

    I was a very big part of Concert Band. I played the Trumpet from Grade 6 - 12. Now, I play the fiddle.

    ~~~

    Great thread! I love Marching Bands, the drums are my favorite :)
    I play the trumpet!
         
        12-25-2010, 12:49 AM
      #14
    Trained
    Super cool! I think it is a great instrument :) I remember when I was in Grade 6, when we got first introduced to all the instruments....all the girls picked the Clarinet and the Flute.....so I picked the Trumpet because no other girl chose it, lol. And it just stuck with me since :)
         
        12-25-2010, 12:55 AM
      #15
    Banned
    Yeah it's a fun and loud instrument to play
         
        12-25-2010, 06:33 PM
      #16
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by LadyDreamer    
    Oh, lord. I miss Marching Band. I was/am a trumpet player. We were state champions in our division my senior year. My freshman year I went from a band of 250 to a band of about 50 in my sophomore year when I moved. It was a shock, but it was good.

    I am a MAJOR DCI Fan. If you've never been to a Drum Corps show, GO. It is spectacular. I would date any man from the Cavies or Phantom any day of the week. *drool*

    YouTube - Best 2008 DCI Moments

    I don't know much about Drum Corps, but my Boyfriend is in one and DCI asked him to play for them in one of his shows during the summer.
         
        12-25-2010, 06:56 PM
      #17
    Banned
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mickey4793    
    I don't know much about Drum Corps, but my Boyfriend is in one and DCI asked him to play for them in one of his shows during the summer.
    Do you happen to know the name of the band?
         
        12-25-2010, 06:59 PM
      #18
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Katesrider011    
    Do you happen to know the name of the band?

    Excelsior Drum and Bugle Corps is the one he plays in currenty, it's in New York.
         
        12-25-2010, 07:47 PM
      #19
    Banned
    Ah I see, Very cool!
         
        12-26-2010, 07:59 PM
      #20
    Weanling
    I was a part of DCI for 6 years - it was AMAZING!!!
         

    Quick Reply
    Please help keep the Horse Forum enjoyable by reporting rude posts.
    Message:
    Options

    Register Now

    In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

    Already have a Horse Forum account?
    Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

    New to the Horse Forum?
    Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.

    User Name:
    Password
    Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
    Password:
    Confirm Password:
    Email Address
    Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
    Email Address:

    Log-in

    Human Verification

    In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


    Old Thread Warning
    This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    rock band Gingerrrrr General Off Topic Discussion 7 01-12-2011 03:42 PM
    Braid or Band? farmpony84 Horse Shows 4 06-29-2010 03:23 PM
    HELPP to band or not to band????? jillybean1 Horse Shows 6 11-03-2009 07:46 PM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:48 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0