Fellow Photographers?
   

       The Horse Forum > Life Beyond Horses > Hobbies

Fellow Photographers?

This is a discussion on Fellow Photographers? within the Hobbies forums, part of the Life Beyond Horses category
  • Wildlife photographer 2010

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    01-12-2010, 12:22 AM
  #1
Yearling
Fellow Photographers?

I was wondering who all loves to take photos? Anyone here trying to start a career in photography? If you have a website or any pics to post, show them!
Also what camera do you use? I use a Kodak Easyshare Z915.

For now I've got a BlueCanvas, as I'm trying to sell some of my photos...I've only put a few of my works up, but here they are: equus1016's Canvas - BLUECANVAS.com profile, Online Art Gallery, Artist Social Network and also my photobucket album with the most current images I've taken: http://s233.photobucket.com/albums/e...ago_Dei/Other/
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    01-12-2010, 12:43 AM
  #2
Super Moderator
I adore taking pictures! If you go to the horse photos section I post a new thread like twice a week of pictures of Lacey. Haha
I mostly take pictures of animals... I'm not super awesome at it yet but yknow, it's coming. Currently this is my favorite shot:




I use a Kodak EasyShare C713 for most of my pictures. All my fish pictures are taken with an older Nikon though because the fish move too fast for my Kodak! Haha I probably just haven't found the right setting on my Kodak yet...
     
    01-12-2010, 01:21 AM
  #3
Yearling
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallaby    
I adore taking pictures! If you go to the horse photos section I post a new thread like twice a week of pictures of Lacey. Haha
I mostly take pictures of animals... I'm not super awesome at it yet but yknow, it's coming. Currently this is my favorite shot:




I use a Kodak EasyShare C713 for most of my pictures. All my fish pictures are taken with an older Nikon though because the fish move too fast for my Kodak! Haha I probably just haven't found the right setting on my Kodak yet...
Haha, I am a floater through the Horse photos section. I enjoy checking out your new pics of Lacey, she's a cute girl. I'm a secret Arabian addict. =P
That's a very good photo!! I have a hard time taking pictures through glass, although these three turned out really nicely.




Yeah, I understand. I get most of my good shots by accident, and learning from that and doing it over again! I'm the only one in the family with any sort of artistic talent...so I've had to teach everything to myself, so no worries about still getting better. My aunt and uncle are pro. Photographers in NY, so I've learned a lot from them, but I still have a long way to go.

Do you have an action setting on your Easyshare? I've found for animals that setting is the best, or if you have a manual setting, I know mine does, but it's a few grades up from yours. If you do, you should be able to play around with the settings and change the shutter speed, so it'll take the pic faster.
     
    01-12-2010, 01:26 AM
  #4
Showing
I like to pretend :) I have a nice camera, but I sure as heck don't know much about it! I'm looking forwards to it being a life-long hobby for me - I LOVE documenting life through a lens.







     
    01-12-2010, 01:37 AM
  #5
Yearling
I enjoy it but I'm not very good. I would love to be a wildlife photographer, take photos for cards and calendars ect.. I use a Richo R8. :)





     
    01-12-2010, 01:43 AM
  #6
Yearling
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustDressageIt    
I like to pretend :) I have a nice camera, but I sure as heck don't know much about it! I'm looking forwards to it being a life-long hobby for me - I LOVE documenting life through a lens.







What type of camera do you have? The detail it captures is phenomenal!!! I love looking at pics of Denny when you post them, he seems like the perfect photogenic horse!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyChester    
I enjoy it but I'm not very good. I would love to be a wildlife photographer, take photos for cards and calendars ect.. I use a Richo R8. :)





Oh wow!!! I really like the first one! It gives a unique perspective shot!
     
    01-12-2010, 04:11 AM
  #7
Foal
Hi right now i'm thirteen, I took these last year when I was twelve. I love taking photos of nature and animals.

This first one I snapped was when we were driving home after a school production, I thought the sunset was amazing.





And this one won me third place in a small competition.





This was simply taken in my backyard.





And this too.





And this is one of my lovely dogs, she's about nine and acts like she's two.





Thanks, everybodys pictures are amazing.
     
    01-12-2010, 06:32 AM
  #8
Weanling
Flickr: FRANCH'Sphotos' Photostream

Here's the link to my Flickr... where I put all of my pictures...
Going to be uploading a lot of new horse pictures this coming week for a "100 days of Horses" Project :)
     
    01-12-2010, 11:16 AM
  #9
Super Moderator
I do love taking pictures even I'm not planning to have a career in it.

Here are some of mines. I use some cheap crappy Samsung, but sometimes manage to take all good pictures with it .
Kuninkaankammari - Vapaasti kopioitavaa/Copy here

Great pics everyone!
     
    01-12-2010, 11:38 AM
  #10
Showing
Quote:
Originally Posted by irydehorses4lyfe    
What type of camera do you have? The detail it captures is phenomenal!!! I love looking at pics of Denny when you post them, he seems like the perfect photogenic horse!!

Thank you very much! Yes, he's awesome to photograph... always has his ears up... silly boy! He even has his ears pricked in the one racing photo I have of him :P I use a Nikon D5000
     

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Greetings Fellow Laborers Gods Creatures Meet the Community 3 11-16-2009 08:07 PM
Calling out to my fellow Horsebuddies Pasopride General Off Topic Discussion 1 08-11-2009 12:20 PM
War with a fellow boarder!!!!!! horse_luver4e Horse Health 15 08-02-2009 05:50 PM
Goofy Fellow. Abby Horse Training 6 07-03-2008 05:13 AM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0