In the past 6 months, my life has been taken and shaken like a snow globe. When I started here a few short months ago, I had a wonderfully hyper QH Gelding named Nico. He still shows up occasionally as 'my' horse as I don't have the heart to delete his photos.
After losing my job, my hand was forced. Before my finances negatively affected the lifestyle he had become accustomed to, I sold him. It really was awful and not something I chatted about regularly on the forum. I am past it. Nico is better off and flourishing in his new home. I still ride when I can with friends and am slowly making myself financially strong enough to support my small family....and a horse.
So basically, this thread is...I love the horse forum...let me count the ways.
1. The support I receive here is unbelievable.
2. The mix of different riders and different age groups.
3. The pure knowledge of some of the people on this board just cannot be found in a no-horse town like mine.
4. The freedom that this forum has allowed me is amazing. I am a horseless rider. I can come on here and live vicariously through hundreds of thousands of members. In my minds eye, I have ridden all your horses...and it was fun!
5. While we don't all get along, we all have a common interest. We love horses. And sometimes they love us back.
6. It soothes my need to buy up ridiculous amounts of tack for no reason.
7. While I have no intention on ever ever ever breeding...I get to see all your foals...aaand, I know how *most* of you stand on breeding.
Why am I posting this message? Because! After screening through the internet for MONTHS on end for a saddle to fit my widening hiney...oh where oh where would I find one? HORSE FORUM. Not just any saddle. MY SADDLE. My exact model/color/tree size Bighorn saddle...only an inch and a half bigger! Only on the horse forum!
So basically this is my big old virtual hug to all of you out there that have unknowingly helped me through a very rough time in my life. Thanks guys!
Feel free to spew your love of the horse forum!