my hobby
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Life Beyond Horses > Hobbies

my hobby

This is a discussion on my hobby within the Hobbies forums, part of the Life Beyond Horses category

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        10-17-2008, 11:33 AM
      #1
    Yearling
    my hobby

    When im not being a barn gal I enjoy to go rock climbing! What about everyone else???
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        10-17-2008, 11:46 AM
      #2
    Started
    What!!!! There are hobbies outside of horses???

    Lol,

    I like to fish, hunt, trap shoot, 4-wheeler, hang out with friends, and of course horseback riding.
         
        10-17-2008, 11:55 AM
      #3
    Super Moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tbenitez    
    when im not being a barn gal I enjoy to go rock climbing! What about everyone else???
    I love rock climbing! My friends and I go in the mountains near New Paltz, NY. I haven't tackled anything that has required ropes and equipment yet, but maybe one day.
         
        10-17-2008, 12:11 PM
      #4
    Trained
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Angel_Leaguer    
    What!!!! There are hobbies outside of horses???

    Lol,

    I like to fish, hunt, trap shoot, 4-wheeler, hang out with friends, and of course horseback riding.
    Sounds like we enjoy the very same things. Add in harassing my children and we could be Twinkies!!!
         
        10-17-2008, 12:12 PM
      #5
    Yearling
    I'd rather boulder any day that rope climb. I enjoy the freedom!!! Have you ever been to horsepins,al???( what a name huh?) omg its so beautiful. Since I do not live where the environment allows fr rock climbers I am bound to a rock climbing gym. Ehh..its better than no rock I guess!!! Im excited to hear that! Oh by the way great idea for the hobbies thread!!
         
        10-17-2008, 12:13 PM
      #6
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dumas'_Grrrl    
    Sounds like we enjoy the very same things. Add in harassing my children and we could be Twinkies!!!
    that's so funny!!!
         
        10-17-2008, 12:48 PM
      #7
    Super Moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tbenitez    
    i'd rather boulder any day that rope climb. I enjoy the freedom!!! Have you ever been to horsepins,al???( what a name huh?) omg its so beautiful. Since I do not live where the environment allows fr rock climbers I am bound to a rock climbing gym. Ehh..its better than no rock I guess!!! Im excited to hear that! Oh by the way great idea for the hobbies thread!!
    Nope, can't say I've ever been there. While you can't beat hiking to the top of a mountain and looking out at the view, a rock climbing gym is better than nothing! Here I am talking about it as if I do it all the time... truth be told we've only gone a few times, but I love it and wish we could do it more. I will try to find some pictures from the last time we went. I'm with you on free climbing vs. rope climbing, though repelling looks like a lot of fun!
         
        10-17-2008, 01:17 PM
      #8
    Yearling
    Yes repelling does look like fun but it is such a pain to have the rope in your face. I have done it a few times in the gym and each time it drove me nuts...but who knows you may enjoy it. I would love to see some pics!!! Unfortunately I have none to post. My camera was taken by katrina so thoes pics are long gone. Oh well. I still have my horses!!!woohoo
         
        10-17-2008, 01:31 PM
      #9
    Trained
    I have a little hobby farm so I have some sheep, a pet steer, rabbit, cats etc. I am busy in college and working so I don't have a lot of time to do all of these things very often...But nonetheless, I like SKIING!!! And hockey, I basically just really like the outdoors..hiking, camping, sight seeing, OFF ROADING with my BF :)!! 4-wheeling, reading. That's all I can think of right now.
         
        10-17-2008, 01:41 PM
      #10
    Yearling
    Rustic...what r you in college for? You sure do have your hands full!
         

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Considering this hobby BluMagic General Off Topic Discussion 6 07-30-2008 02:11 PM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:10 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0