I bought a horse on 06/22/09. It just so happened it was the same day the horse farrier came out. He trimmed her feet and put shoes on her. A week later she was lame. He came out again and stated it was an abscess in her right foot (outer toe). He then took off her right shoe. I dressed the wound with Ichthamol and Epsom salt for a week. It seemed to get better. He then came back out and put the shoe back on. For the whole month of July I was unable to ride her because she was limping. I dress the foot daily. By the last week of July she had gotten better (so it seemed). Farrier came out at the end of July (7/3o/09). He retrimmed her hooves and found where the abscess had been. He put a hot shoe on her and let it sear the hoof. The next day again she came out of her stall limping and lame. She has had coflex on that hoof every day since then and today I go by to assess her and she now has a crack on her sole. I immediately called the Farrier and he is coming out tomorrow. I am also going to call my vet and see if he can come out to evaluate her hopefully tomorrow or Thursday. I can't help but to get very frustrated with the situation. I have not had a horse since 30 years. I finally decide to buy a horse and this is what happens.