My farrier removed as much as she reasonably could to let the foot breathe but wasn't able to go too far in without sending my mare through the roof with pain. You could see that it was really deep and visibly raw (perhaps a deep sulcus infection?). Since then she's been confined to dry padded stall with shavings but alas she's going bonkers being unable to go out with her buddies. A couple of days ago she was landing toe first. Today it's a bit better.
I put a word in my vet and I'm waiting to her back what to do about it as I cannot physically touch her back feet (she pulls and tries to kick because she's understandably in pain).
I managed to squirt some No Thrush on her and today I got some Blue Kote. I figure if I can at least aim and shoot something at the distance it's better than nothing.
Anyone ever had to deal with this as well as a non-compliant horse? What did you do in meantime? I feel bad keeping her stalled but it's the only option at my location.