I decided to become a trimmer - Page 6
   

       The Horse Forum > Keeping and Caring for Horses > Horse Health > Hoof Care

I decided to become a trimmer

This is a discussion on I decided to become a trimmer within the Hoof Care forums, part of the Horse Health category

    Like Tree24Likes

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        02-25-2013, 10:03 PM
      #51
    Weanling
    I was all set up for online college in january and then found out they needed an irs record in order for me to get loans or a masters degree. The guy said to call him when I had a 2 year history and I could start classes. I was so upset. But then I realized id rather be a farrier, at least I found out before I started classes.
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        02-25-2013, 10:15 PM
      #52
    Started
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by alexischristina    
    Maybe it was a bit harsh, but I still stand by what I say. It's dishonest to not do your taxes, her grandfather isn't living honestly if he gets handouts and still wont record his income, she's not learning to live honestly and IMO she needs to learn how to do these things. In the event of an emergency, if you haven't got cash and you NEED money, but you have no financial records, how are you going to get that help? Aside from begging friends and family, you're not. You can live with little and be happy, but you should still do your taxes, and make sure you DO have enough to live off of.
    I'm setting taxes aside, that's that. None of us know what that situation is and I'd think the grandfather is handling that. Other then that, we tend to handle things as they happen. We fix our own stuff, deal with our own minor medical, grow our own food, and basically take care of our selfs. It's a different life style then some. But we like it. And I ain't never begged or borrowed money. Never
    Posted via Mobile Device
         
        02-25-2013, 10:19 PM
      #53
    Weanling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Phly    
    I'm setting taxes aside, that's that. None of us know what that situation is and I'd think the grandfather is handling that. Other then that, we tend to handle things as they happen. We fix our own stuff, deal with our own minor medical, grow our own food, and basically take care of our selfs. It's a different life style then some. But we like it. And I ain't never begged or borrowed money. Never
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Me neither, I absolutly hate borrowing money because of the fact that if I have an emergency it might take me a while to work it off. My grandfather gave me money for my FFA project when went to high school (before I got kicked out for having panic attacks and freaking out on people, found out it was something to do with PTSD from when I lived with my dad, but I havent had one since I was 15) It was like 900 for food but I sold the steer for 2000 and was able to pay him back, but I always felt bad owing him money. And if my steer hadnt sold or had gotten sick ii would have felt terrible.
         
        02-25-2013, 10:20 PM
      #54
    Started
    Yes, that's true, but there's a difference between establishing that sort of lifestyle for yourself and expecting that that's the lifestyle you're going to come into when your grandpa dies. She'll still need a way to finance the ranch, who knows whether she knows how to run a functioning ranch by herself, who says she'll be able to, what if there are bills that will need to be paid and as a young woman whose resource was the man who died and left her the ranch, what if she's unable to maintain it.
    I'm not bashing the lifestyle, but there is a BIG difference between what I'm talking about and what you're talking about.
         
        02-25-2013, 10:23 PM
      #55
    Weanling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by alexischristina    
    Yes, that's true, but there's a difference between establishing that sort of lifestyle for yourself and expecting that that's the lifestyle you're going to come into when your grandpa dies. She'll still need a way to finance the ranch, who knows whether she knows how to run a functioning ranch by herself, who says she'll be able to, what if there are bills that will need to be paid and as a young woman whose resource was the man who died and left her the ranch, what if she's unable to maintain it.
    I'm not bashing the lifestyle, but there is a BIG difference between what I'm talking about and what you're talking about.
    Ummm I have my own house(rented) and pay my own bills, including electric water phone and internet, I live down the road from grandpa. I just take care of him, doesnt mean I am completly reliant on the man. And I do have other work part time but grandpa is my basic income because he needs my help the most.
         
        02-25-2013, 10:24 PM
      #56
    Started
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Animallover707    
    Ummm I have my own house(rented) and pay my own bills, including electric water phone and internet, I live down the road from grandpa. I just take care of him, doesnt mean I am completly reliant on the man.
    But you are reliant on him for income. Income that wont be there when you receive the ranch and have to run it yourself.

    (And remember, people on the internet only know the information you give them).
         
        02-25-2013, 10:29 PM
      #57
    Weanling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by alexischristina    
    But you are reliant on him for income. Income that wont be there when you receive the ranch and have to run it yourself.

    (And remember, people on the internet only know the information you give them).
    Yes ik, but when I have the ranch I will be shipping cattle every year to auction or doing private sellings. I will also be hopefully a farrier, which is why I want to go to school,
    And I can always work for the forestry again if things get hard, I did that until I almost died, a poisoned fish hook almost went into my shoulder when I found a marajuana crop and my crew was always getting shot at or setting off traps. That's when I was 16 and I was very freaked out when the cartel threatened to shoot us so we were not allowed to take the trucks out unless we had company.
         
        02-25-2013, 10:34 PM
      #58
    Weanling
    Also if I do not get the ranch(and cannot become a farrier for some reasn) I will try and get a small peice of property on the down hill side near town, even if I just rent it, and save up to buy a ranch some day or work up my credit so that I can get a loan.
         
        02-25-2013, 10:43 PM
      #59
    Yearling
    Poisoned fish hook?
    OP has a dramatic life.... O_O
    Posted via Mobile Device
    AlexS and demonwolfmoon like this.
         
        02-25-2013, 10:46 PM
      #60
    Green Broke
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Animallover707    
    Yes ik, but when I have the ranch I will be shipping cattle every year to auction or doing private sellings. I will also be hopefully a farrier, which is why I want to go to school,
    And I can always work for the forestry again if things get hard, I did that until I almost died, a poisoned fish hook almost went into my shoulder when I found a marajuana crop and my crew was always getting shot at or setting off traps. That's when I was 16 and I was very freaked out when the cartel threatened to shoot us so we were not allowed to take the trucks out unless we had company.
    Oy vey.......
         

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    hoof trimmer Animallover707 Hoof Care 4 02-19-2013 04:35 PM
    Horse trimmer apprenticeship? Deschutes Equine Careers and Education 4 12-13-2012 01:33 PM
    Need help speaking to farrier/trimmer 2SCHorses Hoof Care 8 12-08-2012 10:59 AM
    Opinions of Trimmer's Work? Lwhisperer Hoof Care 7 11-05-2012 11:51 PM
    WLD & Thrush... & Using a Barefoot Trimmer? Britt Hoof Care 13 06-22-2012 09:05 AM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:43 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0