Laughing over hoof supplement
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Keeping and Caring for Horses > Horse Health > Hoof Care

Laughing over hoof supplement

This is a discussion on Laughing over hoof supplement within the Hoof Care forums, part of the Horse Health category

    Like Tree29Likes

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        02-17-2013, 10:09 PM
      #1
    Yearling
    Laughing over hoof supplement

    I'm at a barn where in 4 years, nothing has ever been missing. Ever. I dropped my fly spray bottle one time and 2 days later it was right where I dropped it.

    So I get this hoof supplement, and have the container behind my grooming tools on the ground under my saddle. It just "poof" disappeared! I thought maybe someone knocked it over and threw it away. But, no, it's gone.

    So I'm getting some new stuff, and I'll be keeping it in a plain container- and filling the supplement container with some nice chicken feed. I will be laughing if it disappears. Then I'll get nasty.
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        02-17-2013, 10:21 PM
      #2
    Trained
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by princessfluffybritches    

    So I'm getting some new stuff, and I'll be keeping it in a plain container- and filling the supplement container with some nice chicken feed. I will be laughing if it disappears. Then I'll get nasty.
    Not medicated chicken feed I hope, killed two of my horses that stuff did.
         
        02-17-2013, 10:31 PM
      #3
    Green Broke
    @pfb, sorry to hear that. Hoof sup. Is not cheap!!

    @ GH, really?? I am so sorry to hear that. Please, do tell, so everyone can be careful???
         
        02-17-2013, 10:43 PM
      #4
    Banned
    Someone used my ShowSheen.....once......I drained the bottle.......filled it with loads of shampoo and water.......I know someone was having to bath their horse that week because it was covered in soap
         
        02-17-2013, 10:46 PM
      #5
    Trained
    A bag of chicken grower feed, less than a pound in weight that contained Monensin was eaten by a mare and her daughter here, and they both died. We didn't know what it was until we had the results of the necropsy and then started to look for the culprit, then we found the little bag.

    The things to look for in medicated chicken and cattle feed

    Narasin

    Monensin
    nvr2many likes this.
         
        02-17-2013, 10:50 PM
      #6
    Banned
    Haha I'd be inclined to mix some blue jelly crystals (gelatin is supposedly good for hoof health!!! Lol!!) into the supplement and then checking everyone's muzzle the next day!! The culprit will have a blue tongue!!!

    Gee....wish someone would steal my supplements....I want to try this out!!
         
        02-17-2013, 10:54 PM
      #7
    Green Broke
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Golden Horse    
    A bag of chicken grower feed, less than a pound in weight that contained Monensin was eaten by a mare and her daughter here, and they both died. We didn't know what it was until we had the results of the necropsy and then started to look for the culprit, then we found the little bag.

    The things to look for in medicated chicken and cattle feed

    Narasin

    Monensin
    Thank you for sharing that info. Good to know to watch out for that. I get it when we have baby chicks. Again I am sorry for your loss.
         
        02-17-2013, 10:55 PM
      #8
    Green Broke
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Muppetgirl    
    Haha I'd be inclined to mix some blue jelly crystals (gelatin is supposedly good for hoof health!!! Lol!!) into the supplement and then checking everyone's muzzle the next day!! The culprit will have a blue tongue!!!

    Gee....wish someone would steal my supplements....I want to try this out!!
    The horses in your barn will be blue and soapy,
         
        02-17-2013, 10:56 PM
      #9
    Banned
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvr2many    
    The horses in your barn will be blue and soapy,
    Ya, all I'd have to do is just hang a disco ball
    nvr2many likes this.
         
        02-17-2013, 10:58 PM
      #10
    Trained
    It was concealed in this manner and you are sure someone took it? This means there is someone snooping through your stuff pretty thoroughly!
         

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    BEST hoof supplement? MeLikesUke Hoof Care 24 09-06-2012 10:54 AM
    Good Hoof supplement myQHpaul Horse Health 4 01-27-2012 10:45 PM
    hoof supplement recommendations RebeccaMI Hoof Care 16 11-08-2011 02:21 PM
    Hoof Supplement Guppersmama Horse Health 15 05-18-2010 08:49 PM
    Which hoof supplement is the best? centrestableswendy Horse Health 7 08-29-2009 09:01 AM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:48 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0