Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Spring Hill Florida
• Horses: 0
I agree with RicciOve. I had learned that thrush can be a mix of fungal and bacteria. I had thrush eat away at my bulbs before I noticed it. Durasole got rid of it. Oxine is great, and $30.00 for a gallon is a good price. I mix it 1/2 with water for my chickens. My gf swears by Today for cattle.
I think that with a small to moderate problem, there are a number of things that work. However, when a problem gets out of hand, I would pull the big guns out. 1/4 bleach 3/4 water , wait 10 minutes, and rinse out. In the past I have done that on a cycle. Each day a different suggestion. I did end up using the bleach mix the most because it seemed to work the best. If thrush is getting serious, the good bacteria have lost the battle already. IMO