I really need some suggestions.
My TB's condition isn't going well :(
Her hoof is cracked and there is a small white place which is between the cracked hoof.According to farrier it is lamina, it is seen rare, he even wants to take photos and put it in his new book.
According to him, lamina has got out of the crack and started to overgrow.It should be freezed(cautery) and I should wait until the scab falls.
But the tool used in the clinics isn't strong, just freezes a little bit.He applied it this morning and wants to continue applying till that white section dries and falls.(I guess this means at least 4-5 times of freezing) Anytime he starts to freeze there, it starts to bleed :( also all of these treatments have to be done under local anesthesia.
This makes us really unhappy.
Beside that according to vet. we should wait for the cracked hoof to grow because when it grows longer, it will cut down that white section.So I shouldn't apply anything.
My mind is confused at all.I got this horse 3 years ago and I am not so experienced.I hope someone can give me suggestions.I really need help and don't know what to so since everybody is thinking in different ways.