As some of you know, we adopted 3 rescued horses. Their hooves are in bad shape. Our farrier doesn't come for another month so I'm going to try and trim them up some.
This last weekend, I was able to clean their hooves with some difficulties which I figured would happen. I've only trimmed the front hooves that were the worst. I was by myself and we don't have a barn or even a garage to go into. It took me almost an hour just to do the two front hooves.
I know I could have trimmed more off but I didn't want to cut too much off at once or make more of an issue for her to deal with. Plus it was taking a toll on my back.
The pictures aren't the best being outside and with snow on the ground. If other pictures would be needed, I could get more tomorrow. I didn't even think of taking some from the side. Anyway, here they are:
The backs aren't as bad but I'm sure I'll need a helper to hold her. So I won't be able to do them until this weekend.
Posted via Mobile Device